Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I thought this was going to be a story about how the two people hit it off.

Well, it kinda is, except done in a really loving creepy way.

https://twitter.com/roseybeeme/status/1014122893805015041

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
god I hate flying so much

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Mak0rz posted:

what the gently caress

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

The Colonel posted:

what the gently caress

Don't look, don't click. Forget it existed.

Flying to Asia on a semi-regular basis is my bane. 13~15 hours of pure suffering. It also doesn't help that I become extremely hyper on airplanes.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

I just want to say thank you to everyone who has replied back, I appreciate it so much. I was afraid that maybe I was being unreasonable and controlling and abusive and I'm glad to have all these replies that I can show her. I try to be supportive of her in everything she does but the eye surgery stuff just seemed like..such a stretch for right now, but I was afraid that me asking her to wait would make me just like this other guy we make fun of who is always telling his girlfriend that she needs to give him his allowance so he can go buy TCG booster sets at walmart so he can try to make money off of them by reselling them.

I'm just brokebrained and I'm happy that people are willing to put up with my poo poo this early in the day on a tuesday

imo being able to tell someone no, or at least that they need to wait until a time when you're (collectively) in a better financial state before taking on debt that will take literal years to pay off for elective surgery, is an important part of a relationship.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

MMF Freeway posted:

god I hate flying so much

I got to fly in business class to Shanghai and back last week for the first time. It was actually pretty nice.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mak0rz posted:

no good deed goes unposted on a thousand loving social media platforms by someone obnoxious

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I flew first class (domestic) once to see what it was like, and while the extra leg and shoulder room was nice, it was still flying. Maybe you get extra value if you eat or drink during the flight but I generally don't. Probably also way more worth it for international as well.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

chumbler posted:

I flew first class once to see what it was like, and while the extra leg and shoulder room was nice, it was still flying. Maybe you get extra value if you eat or drink during the flight but I generally don't.

I just played Slay the Spire for 8 hours

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Mak0rz posted:

I am sure that Barbara Kruger appreciates her aethestic being bitten off for this kind of social media filter poo poo

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I guess that Red Faction Guerilla Remaster is out, and free on Steam if you own it? I'm curious to see how that game holds up, I loved loving around in it when it game out.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

The hammer was the most amusing toy that game had.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

its time for the big games chat thread red faction guerrilla multiplayer game

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

homeless snail posted:

hell,

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
good news everyone they finally announced red faction 5

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/jab50yen/status/1013822625930514432

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/belodyepic/status/1010642348013965313

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Picked up Redout last week. It kicks so much rear end. I love Supersonic antigravity racing games. I also got Fast RMX and Antigravitor. Those also kick rear end.

Nintendo is dumb as poo poo for never making more F Zero.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lmao I thought I posted that in the idiots of social media thread. Sorry everyone!

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

homeless snail posted:

i'm gonna slam every person here with a hammer.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Mak0rz posted:

Lmao I thought I posted that in the idiots of social media thread. Sorry everyone!

It's okay, I didn't need that will to live anyways.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I don't get it, some couple sets up two passengers on an airplane and makes some big dumb twitter thread about it? That's it??

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

I don't get it, some couple sets up two passengers on an airplane and makes some big dumb twitter thread about it? That's it??

Well it kinda goes a little stalker-y and is an invasion of privacy from the start since I doubt they asked for consent, but on the scale of harm done it seems pretty low, though I didn't see if they took any identifiable pictures.

Mostly social media dumb.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I thought it was supposed to be a burn on their photo filters and reaction selfies

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Yeah, laser eye surgery is appropriate for people whose eyes are immensely hosed (like legally blind or on the cusp of being so), less so if glasses give you perfect vision. I don't think there's such a thing as glasses looking worse than no glasses if you get the right pair. And if disability is coming in September, that sounds reasonable to wait until, it's like 2 months.

If she's that bent about glasses and her appearance she probably needs therapy and medication, in all honesty.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I don't like wearing glasses but I'm too lazy and tired to gently caress with contacts most mornings

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I just flat don't want poo poo in my eye so I never bothered to try contacts.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

My wife and I got new real glasses a year ago as well as progressive lens prescription sunglasses which rule for summer. I’d be more interested in Lasik if cost was better or it was a permanent fix which for-sure made vision perfect with no side effects.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

me wearing my contacts

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

leaked concept art from MGSV looking amazing

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

leaked concept art from MGSV looking amazing

*shoves a bomb in a woman's uterus*

"Smokin'!"

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i've only seen son of the mask

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

The Colonel posted:

i've only seen son of the mask

Who had a gun pointed at your head?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Heartcatch posted:

Don't look, don't click. Forget it existed.

Flying to Asia on a semi-regular basis is my bane. 13~15 hours of pure suffering. It also doesn't help that I become extremely hyper on airplanes.

pro tip eat a bunch of weed cookies before you get on that plane and you won't give half a gently caress

digestion is your natural THC time-release. if you time it right the plane will be taking off as it hits, and if you eat just the right amount, you'll be straight enough to go through customs without acting like a stoner by the time you land!

but if you eat too much, your eyes will be bloodshot as hell when customs takes your photo for entry...

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.

Andrast posted:

I got to fly in business class to Shanghai and back last week for the first time. It was actually pretty nice.

I fly a poo poo ton and my recent flight to Seoul in business made the flight pretty bearable. (Delta's new planes are awesome) It was sort of moot because I take edibles/trazodone on long haul flights which knocks me out. Had a nightmarish flight out of Kuwait once where I had to hit the ground working jetlagged/sleep deprived because I was surrounded by the loudest family on earth and did some of my worst work ever, so since then I cocoon myself as best I can in a big grey blanket of tech.

N'thing not going into debt for this FAK bc after the Lasik, if the root is poor self esteem, something else like this will invariably pop up. Best to nip it in the bud.

I realized I was closer to the end in Yakuza 0 than i thought (Chapter 14?) and began to grind the gently caress out of real estate royale which is kind of killing my enjoyment of the game so I may take a step back (I'm a liar I'm going to spend my night beating the media king) I really wish these games would come to switch they would be perfect for business trips.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
anyone have any thoughts on Onrush?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

glam rock hamhock posted:

anyone have any thoughts on Onrush?

I played the demo. Its like roller derby in a car. Got bored fast. It came out last week and is already on sale too which is weird

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I can't decide what to play next. I'm paralyzed by choice. I have too many games to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

FanaticalMilk posted:

Who had a gun pointed at your head?

i was like 8 and it was on tv

that's also how i saw honey i blew up the kid

• Locked thread