Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

The Pew research group defines Millennials as the people who came of age around the turn of the millennium. They specify the demographic as people born from 1981 to 1996. So, people who are 22 to 37 years old this year.

if you're older than 37 you are a gen-xer. Sorry.

if you're currently in college or younger, you are not a millennial, but a member of the as-yet unnamed generation that idolizes YouTube streamers and eats Tide Pods.

but yes the pop culture definition is basically anybody younger than me who does a thing I don't like

There is a separate overlapping generation that many are referring to as Xennials, which is a stupid name, but a very experientially valid group. My brother is a decade older than me and he is a Gen X-er. I share as much in common with millennials as I do with him, family not withstanding.

Gen Y is real, maaaaan

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I'm deprrssingly certain the generation after millennial is going to be called iGeneration. I've definitely heard that used seriously.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

As a 1982 baby I'm glad that Pew calls me a millennial tbh, every other generation is trash. I do think xennial is a real sub group. I didn't have Facebook in high school. That's different enough.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

bike tory posted:

I'm deprrssingly certain the generation after millennial is going to be called iGeneration. I've definitely heard that used seriously.

Naming generations is really stupid and I hope that millennials of all people realize that. Millennial is used so derogatorily that it's insane.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

So this is like the forgotten generation p much? Not old enough to be in WW2 and be a greatest generation member but not a boomer. Instead just went to fight in Korea.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SpacePig posted:

Naming generations is really stupid and I hope that millennials of all people realize that. Millennial is used so derogatorily that it's insane.

It's shorthand. Also, it's useful. Not for everything, obviously, but there is real research value.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Millennials to Snake People add-on gettin' a workout on this page.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
What is generation p is trump generation p?

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

The Bloop posted:

It's shorthand. Also, it's useful. Not for everything, obviously, but there is real research value.

marketing value for the purposes of targeting a particular audience. snake people really respond to things like warm, damp environments, heat signatures, lateral undulation and references to unhinging ones jaw to swallow prey whole

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

McSpergin posted:

Idk if there's any tennopop but imagine I just posted it

I'm born in 89 and literally did/had all of these bar oregon trail. I played heaps of other dos games though?

Literally same. Except I was born in 72. It's almost like every generations experiences aren't that unique! :aaa:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Facebook Aunt posted:

Literally same. Except I was born in 72. It's almost like every generations experiences aren't that unique! :aaa:

I'm pretty sure the Greatest Generation didn't play Oregon Trail

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

canyoneer posted:

Elephants was the free one they sent in the mail. Did you really have a zoobooks subscription?

Me neither
I did. There were only something like 12 issues, then after that they start over and send you issue #1 again. Apparently they never figured on anyone renewing.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Knormal posted:

I did. There were only something like 12 issues, then after that they start over and send you issue #1 again. Apparently they never figured on anyone renewing.

I had a subscription for years. The content changed some, but there is only so much you can put in a magazine for kids about giraffes

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Apparently those guy whitewash the names of dogs because they trend better and that just makes me kinda sad.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I SAID I WANTED TO SEE THAT ACTIVITY SHEET

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Sagebrush posted:

The Pew research group defines Millennials as the people who came of age around the turn of the millennium. They specify the demographic as people born from 1981 to 1996. So, people who are 22 to 37 years old this year.

if you're older than 37 you are a gen-xer. Sorry.

if you're currently in college or younger, you are not a millennial, but a member of the as-yet unnamed generation that idolizes YouTube streamers and eats Tide Pods.

but yes the pop culture definition is basically anybody younger than me who does a thing I don't like

Generation Kill (your classmates)

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

I CLICKED THE MEME THREAD AND NOW I'M SAD

POST THIS IN THE CURSED THREAD YOU BASTARD

not angry for serious don't post the sad cloud rands, you good :)

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

As usual, pixelated boat said it best
https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1011397239929835520?s=17

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Well poo poo

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Karate Bastard posted:

I CLICKED THE MEME THREAD AND NOW I'M SAD

POST THIS IN THE CURSED THREAD YOU BASTARD

not angry for serious don't post the sad cloud rands, you good :)

:buddy:

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Randaconda has a new favorite as of 23:53 on Jul 3, 2018

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

before you fix this post, consider not making it

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
They may also be Lana Del Raython, who was chased off because they were a garbage person. But who knows!

https://twitter.com/RacismFactory/status/1013610709752733696

https://twitter.com/Racismdogowners/status/1013809838076387330

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Elysiume posted:

They may also be Lana Del Raython, who was chased off because they were a garbage person. But who knows!

https://twitter.com/RacismFactory/status/1013610709752733696

https://twitter.com/Racismdogowners/status/1013809838076387330

raytheon*. also weratedogs is a whole different thing from the racism watchdog account

man i'm feeling snarky today

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
How deep does this bullshit twitter drama go?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

trapped mouse posted:

raytheon*. also weratedogs is a whole different thing from the racism watchdog account

????

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Paladinus posted:

How deep does this bullshit twitter drama go?

@weratedogs has made big bucks from taking pictures of other people's dogs and writing something dumb with a rating and selling merchandise based on it. And is also racist.

the racismwatchdog was an account that would RT racist tweets with only "WOOF WOOF WOOF" on it but turns out that only gave them more followers

There's a baddogsrates that kinda dunks on weratedogs but it's also dumb

To make it short, people are dumb but they are even dumber on Twitter.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Samuringa posted:

@weratedogs has made big bucks from taking pictures of other people's dogs and writing something dumb with a rating and selling merchandise based on it. And is also racist.

the racismwatchdog was an account that would RT racist tweets with only "WOOF WOOF WOOF" on it but turns out that only gave them more followers

There's a baddogsrates that kinda dunks on weratedogs but it's also dumb

To make it short, people are dumb but they are even dumber on Twitter.

And who is Lana del Raytheon?

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bike tory posted:

And who is Lana del Raytheon?

A sex pest who preyed on young leftist women on twitter

By using their twitter fame

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Siljmonster posted:

A sex pest who preyed on young leftist women on twitter

By using their twitter fame

I always hated that user name because Lana Del Rey (not her real name) is good

sorry she does some loving voice poo poo but she has a thing going

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I vaguely remember the rate dogs twitter also express some left opinions, so who knows. Incredibly stupid either way.

Erotic Wakes
May 19, 2018

by Lowtax

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

yeah I I don't know what the gently caress you're all talking about

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Who needs a bra when you can tuck them in your waistline.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

trapped mouse posted:

Ah yeah I can't keep some of the dumb gimmick twitter accounts straight.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

holyshit