Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

And in tonight's episode of 'Pat getting blown the gently caress out'...

https://twitter.com/ScrubQuotesX/status/1012883420005847040

https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/1012885200085438464

https://twitter.com/PlagueOfGripes/status/1012917904378093568

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Pat getting reliably BTFO'd daily is an amazing occurrence

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

There is actually a section where you have to decide to turn off Alice's temperature sensors or not that impacts something later.

The scene where that comes into play was tense as hell, when I got the option to turn off her ability to feel cold earlier I had this little twinge in the back of my mind, so I didn't.
And then the moment I saw [She's Cold] or whatever when talking to the MP, I had to go yessss for going with my gut.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Also sad they didn't get to see the Todd runback in Matt's section, and Woolie didn't see the culmination of the peaceful android rebellion playthrough ends with all the androids singing an old slavery song to defeat riot cops.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Nalesh posted:

Pat getting reliably BTFO'd daily is an amazing occurrence

It really is. I love it

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

Also sad they didn't get to see the Todd runback in Matt's section, and Woolie didn't see the culmination of the peaceful android rebellion playthrough ends with all the androids singing an old slavery song to defeat riot cops.

they saw cyber auschwitz and still said they liked the game. nothing would have saved them

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

bhlaab posted:

they saw cyber auschwitz and still said they liked the game. nothing would have saved them

The last Cage game they played was Omikron, so maybe that were just glad to avoid more of...that.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I just caught up with Detroit because I was watching GDQ this last week.

So...did the guys actually avoid a lot of the shittiest writing by doing real bad?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Dias posted:

I just caught up with Detroit because I was watching GDQ this last week.

So...did the guys actually avoid a lot of the shittiest writing by doing real bad?

....kinda? I mean, it's not like any of the writing is great so "shittiest" is more or less up to your tolerance of David Cage.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

....kinda? I mean, it's not like any of the writing is great so "shittiest" is more or less up to your tolerance of David Cage.

It's more a choice of being punched in the head or kicked in the dick :v:

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

bhlaab posted:

I think that's a function of how low the expectations were. Plus, it was actually cool it showed you the branching paths.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
They're easier on it because they know a lot of the narrative's fault was (in their mind) their fault, mostly because of Woolie.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
So which LP is gonna finish first, TMS or GodHand?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Tms is doing side quests again so...

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

ApeHawk posted:

So which LP is gonna finish first, TMS or GodHand?
They've been really hauling rear end in the God Hand LP, considering Pat and Woolie's normal pace. We're already at Stage 5 of 7, right?

A more interesting question is, will Woolie learn how to consistently guard break before the LP is over?

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Tupperwarez posted:

They've been really hauling rear end in the God Hand LP, considering Pat and Woolie's normal pace. We're already at Stage 5 of 7, right?

A more interesting question is, will Woolie learn how to consistently guard break before the LP is over?

From what I remember playing that game, guard breaking too much is just... kinda something you learn to do. Later enemies will parry you for hitting a block a single time.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Yeah can't fault him for that. I love god hand but guard breaking mechanics are one of the legit criticisms I have. Spamming it becomes muscle memory after a point, especially in later levels. Enemies just block and counter constantly.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
He does have access to other guard breakers they've barely checked at this point. There's a backfist that's weak but fast enough to integrate into the standard combo, and there's a sobat that does pretty good damage and isn't appreciably slower than the regular guard breaker so it can fully replace it.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTaEoqK1FNk

2018's LP of the Year has begun.

Edit: Wait....there's no part 1. gently caress! :(

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TaurusOxford posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTaEoqK1FNk

2018's LP of the Year has begun.

Edit: Wait....there's no part 1. gently caress! :(

given matt goes "I'm going to turn this recording off in two minutes and wherever we're at is where we're at" I imagine they don't have a lot to say about this game that isn't said in the video

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jul 3, 2018

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

People starting to get very rude about them playing Godhand on easy in the comments now.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
They skipped the Friendcast this week because of Canada Day, right?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

A good poster posted:

They skipped the Friendcast this week because of Canada Day, right?

Just delayed.

https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/1013618066041655296

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I'm still lowkey mad that it's not called Canaday.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

Nalesh posted:

I'm still lowkey mad that it's not called Canaday.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

Nalesh posted:

Anyone know of a decent lp that goes the "good" route, but doesn't gently caress up like woolie did? :v:

It's not quite finished yet (given that there is, you know, a bit more game to play if you don't do too badly :v: ), but Jessie Cox, a close competitor with Pat for Wrongest Man On The Internet, seems to be stumbling bass-ackwards into good decisions the same way the boys stumbled into bad ones in their LP. No, I can't explain it either.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

If you can take a facecam of the handsomest man on-screen, watch Huggbees's playthrough.

First playthrough but after a ways in he pretty much explains he wants to try and do a natural feeling progression, like he plays Connor obedient early and slowly loosens up with Hank until FREEDOM kicks in, plays good boy Markus like Woolie probably wanted to but didn't screw it all up and Kara gets brutally killed on Jericho because he kind of panickedly chose run and run unfortunately and wasn't up for savescumming.

Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Man, this week's podcast is impossible without video.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

resurgam40 posted:

It's not quite finished yet (given that there is, you know, a bit more game to play if you don't do too badly :v: ), but Jessie Cox, a close competitor with Pat for Wrongest Man On The Internet, seems to be stumbling bass-ackwards into good decisions the same way the boys stumbled into bad ones in their LP. No, I can't explain it either.

Never actually realized how similar jesse and pat actually are :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I think this is peak uncomprehensibly lost for Paige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj8aTuGH-Rg&t=3555s

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pat not helping at all really sells the moment, he just alternates between silence and laughing at her.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

THEY'RE DOING DETROIT AGAIN!!!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Detroit Experience Requiem

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Wait, seriously?

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

RareAcumen posted:

I think this is peak uncomprehensibly lost for Paige.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj8aTuGH-Rg&t=3555s

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Here's a question, will Detroit Part 2 outlast TMS

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

The previous LP died and this is the LP sent by Cyberlife to replace it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't believe she hamster wheeled herself.

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Man, this week's podcast is impossible without video.

I feel like they've been flirting with that pretty often for the past year or so due to doing their podcast on Twitch. It seems way too often during the news sections that we just get "OH... oh... yeah that's cool... oh man this is cool... ok yeah.... wow look at that in the video! WOW! oh wow! OH poo poo" and etc, several times. Fun times when you listen to the podcast driving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Yeah Woolie used to be very good about hitting that poo poo on the head, but there've been a few times over the last year where they flat out hype a story up without ever actually explaining what it was.

There was one instance in particular which bugged me but drat if I can remember what it was.