Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I did a big ol post here if you're interested/bored: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3810535

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Goddamned, the .75 caliber monstrosity that the Brown Bess musket isn't even 700 grains.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

The Rat posted:

:stare: That's even heavier than any of the bullets I have for ~*~MY BARRETT~*~

Well, it's moving about half as fast as your Barrett rounds.

BUT THEN it's also going through a FOUR INCH barrel.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Deathy McDeath posted:

Well, it's moving about half as fast as your Barrett rounds.

BUT THEN it's also going through a FOUR INCH barrel.

:gonk:

I'd never do that to my wrists. My TC Encore in .308 is as big as I'll go.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Went up to Emmaline lake today for the 4th of July holiday. Managed to get out before the storm rolled in.

Waterfall on the way up.

Another one.

Cirque lake.

Unnamed lake uphill west from Cirque lake.

Mountain cliff walls as viewed from uphill of Emmaline lake's west side.

Looking down on Emmaline lake from far uphill.

Looking down from the north side.

Waterfall just east of Emmaline.

Oh and this guy strolled by like it wasn't anything.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Normally I see your photos on my phone and that just doesn't do them justice in the least.

poo poo's awesome.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Thanks! Glad you like them.

Actually plopped down my camera on the tripod and used the hi-res shot mode for a few today. Here's a couple if you want to take a look:

https://i.imgur.com/XpzNHKI.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/2yy1AxO.jpg

(Linking cause they're huge.)

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Nice, what camera are you using?

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Olympus EM5 Mk2. It has a hi-res mode where it uses some pixel shifting technique to put out 40MP images. Of course you have to put it on a tripod and use a remote switch so you don't vibrate the camera in the process of it taking.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Gunchat has turned into photo chat and it's very good

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The gbs thread keeps turning into, Pennywise: reasons to question mental health and firearms purchases, so it's a relief to see a slow-moving, content filled thread.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Oh lol that guy got mad in the TFR CCW thread when people were saying that maybe a tiny little folding .22 wasn't a good choice for concealed carry.

Anyways it's hiking season and the glacial lake trails are all snow free, so I'll be dumping more pics in the coming few months.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

The Rat posted:

Oh lol that guy got mad in the TFR CCW thread when people were saying that maybe a tiny little folding .22 wasn't a good choice for concealed carry.
If he's not carrying a full size 1911 in .45 Manstopper, then yes, he's clearly in the wrong.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

I already have a tiny folding .22 in my pants and let me tell you, it's not something I'd want to rely on for self defense! :haw:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, dude is a prime example of someone who should go through a little more screening. He wanted to carry that little .22 revolver on half-cock since he was having trouble with getting it to lock between cylinders.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Nice and hot piss posted:

Gunchat has turned into photo chat and it's very good

GiP Guns And Photography ULTRATHREAD: take only pictures, leave only bodies.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

The Rat posted:

Went up to Emmaline lake today for the 4th of July holiday. Managed to get out before the storm rolled in.

<extremely radical scenery>

Hot drat these are good, keep going dude :toot:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Had a round blow up on me today

Fortunately it just blew out the mag release and hurt my hand a little. No blood drawn, barrel and frame were fine, so I should be good as soon as I get a replacement mag release.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
A reload? If not I'd be contacting the mfr.

Edit: Actually probably a good idea to contact them either way.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, if that's factory ammo I'd be wondering if it fired out of battery as well

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
They were my reloads :(

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Deathy McDeath posted:

:bustem:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Deathy McDeath posted:

Take yourself to small claims court over the cost of the mag release. Don't represent yourself as either the claimant or defendant, though, because then the court might not take you seriously.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Naked Bear posted:

Take yourself to small claims court over the cost of the mag release. Don't represent yourself as either the claimant or defendant, though, because then the court might not take you seriously.

Unfortunately as a free man on the land, the court does not have jurisdiction over me. I can only be tried by the One Law Over All, natural law.

Now, if the court wants to try my incorporated person, DEATHY MCDEATH (esq), then they are free to as long as they enter into rejoiner with me and pay my attorney fees.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

:toot: Quickie today.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Week 2 of civilian life after leaving California:

Got back most of my magazines I had to leave with family when I got stationed in CA, took off my bullet buttons, and made myself a workbench/standing bench.

Gonna start wandering around the woods on the farm this week looking for a nice spot to set up a range.

Also I need to get better lighting.

Internet Wizard fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jul 10, 2018

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Internet Wizard posted:

Got back most of my magazines I had to leave with family when I got stationed in CA, took off my bullet buttons, and made myself a workbench/standing bench.

Gonna start wandering around the woods on the farm this week looking for a nice spot to set up a range.

Congrats on the DD-214?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
:nws:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
lol I know those guns and pictures, there's more of the series floating around

Internet Wizard posted:

Heck yeah :toot: I half want one of those Magpul drums for funsies, but $130 for one is a bit much.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKmi0PN7LxM

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Someones taking the ammosexual joke a little too far.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

Sometimes you have to operate with extreme tactical discretion but still be fabulous

(The OEM grips broke on me, so I had to get something to replace them. Figured why not go all the way in the other direction?)

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Oh. Oh, my.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

I like em

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I found some grips for my Bryco like that.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
:bigtran:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
:stare:

An original 1874 Gatling gun
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/771029939

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

The Rat posted:

Sometimes you have to operate with extreme tactical discretion but still be fabulous

(The OEM grips broke on me, so I had to get something to replace them. Figured why not go all the way in the other direction?)

Ruger MkX pistols are my favorite guns