Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I remember when they started streaming podcasts they explicitly said they wouldn't do stuff that audio-only listeners wouldn't get.

That pretty much went out the window in the 2018 E3 podcast since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxDuo
Aug 13, 2010
I remember Woolie getting super salty about Pat mentioning stuff he found on his phone.

Also E3 2018? I feel like Woolie stopped caring about that almost a year ago at this point......... E3 2018 just showed it off WAY more.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They've also been completely unsubtle about initiating or prolonging certain conversations so they can clip them and post them as standalones but whatever, gotta get paid somehow.

I don't know if he got called out for it one time too many or what but I also feel like Matt's been making more of an effort lately to show up and not sound like he wants to die the entire time, which is nice.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They've also been completely unsubtle about initiating or prolonging certain conversations so they can clip them and post them as standalones but whatever, gotta get paid somehow.

I don't know if he got called out for it one time too many or what but I also feel like Matt's been making more of an effort lately to show up and not sound like he wants to die the entire time, which is nice.

Maybe he was just going through something stressful before? There's a lot of explanations for Matt being more engaged recently.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

hoobajoo posted:

Maybe he was just going through something stressful before? There's a lot of explanations for Matt being more engaged recently.

Sure, I have no idea what prompted the turnaround if anything, I'm just happy he's back to giving a poo poo.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
It's a shame they aren't doing a full LP of Vampyr. It's janky, sure, but it's the closest thing we're going to get to another V:TBM style game without straight-up copying it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
where did they mention they're redoing detroit? the latest podcast?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Pat repeating "He turned into goo!" is real strong.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Captain Invictus posted:

where did they mention they're redoing detroit? the latest podcast?

Yup, at the end.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Detroit Become Human Part 1-2: This time, WILL BE DIFFERENT!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm curious how they're going to balance trying different things with trying for a better outcome. Certain things, particularly early on seemed like the "right" choices, or a lot of early stuff they just missed little things or get less then optimal outcomes. Is Pat still going to try to be big friends with Hank, and just do it more right this time? I assume Woolie will be less coward, and Matt with Kara seems like the one bummer to replay since it seemed like there wasn't a ton of variance for her stuff, short of... sleeping outside?

Now knowing they're doing a second go I kinda wish I didn't get spoilers for various little things they didn't do / missed. I'm also kind of curious to how blind they are about the rest of the game.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

Matt with Kara seems like the one bummer to replay since it seemed like there wasn't a ton of variance for her stuff, short of... sleeping outside?

You can shoot Todd if you find his gun earlier and hide it.

But yea there's not a whole lot of variance with her story, like she has to go to the android torture mansion no matter what and you can't just refuse to go into the basement.

I'm excited to see them play through it again, because I'm always down for mocking Cage and I feel like they'll realize how dumb stuff like the Alice twist is when they have Kara put down the spaghetti in front of her and other such examples.

Basically I want to hear Woolie yell more at the game. :allears:

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jul 4, 2018

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
On the one hand more yelling at Cage on the other hand I felt the stupid YouTube comments pressured them into doing it because they were like Wahhhhh they didn’t do the thing I wanted them to do. And they were very vocal about it. I’m gonna be less pessimistic because summer is usually when game releases sloooow down. The only other time I ever seen them do an re-do was Undertale but I think that was like in the early beginning.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Shindragon posted:

I felt the stupid YouTube comments pressured them into doing it because they were like Wahhhhh they didn’t do the thing I wanted them to do.

I mean they really poo poo it up more than a few times and they pretty obviously could've felt that, comments or no. Combined with them having actually enjoyed it some amount with how replayable the game is in the first place, it feels natural enough.

And I mean, most of the comments I saw were still the same trite 4chan comments as usual, with occasional "Welp they hosed that up" stuff.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I'm sure they're doing it because they want to do it, not responding to comment pressure.

The whole "showing all the possible routes after each scene" gimmick for this game basically encourages you to replay it, unlike Cage's other games where he kept insisting that players should only play it once, lest the break the narrative spell by exposing that the choices don't matter.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I'll take your guys word for it if the game changes that much. I will be honest I'm looking forward to seeing if Woolie is still gonna try to be a pacifist or going gently caress all the humans route. :v:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I mean woolie cowarded out of like a third of his characters story, so yes there's much more :v:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The rooftop ending they got at the media building was a very specific low percentage collection of choices. The more common one in the kitchen is actually more hosed up.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I'd also like to point out for the record that the FUCKINGPASSWORD bit was stolen wholesale from Dexter.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Oh my god these loving Paige Portal videos

i'm dying

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Andrast posted:

Oh my god these loving Paige Portal videos

i'm dying

It made me go back and watch her do Beyond Two Souls and she is terrified of failure in the game where you literally can't fail and it's hilarious.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gotta be honest, I thought you guys meant Paige when you said they were doing Detroit a second time.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Gotta be honest, I thought you guys meant Paige when you said they were doing Detroit a second time.

I expect she'll get around to it with Pat at some point, since she's tackled everything else in the Sadness Quadrilogy so far.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
hah, I was going to say the do-over of detroit better have the subtitle "2nd gig" and it does

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm so looking forward to them finding all the dumb poo poo earlier. 'Wait, Todd's a robot?! The police chief is a robot?! DANIEL WAS A ALIEN?!?!'

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Thanks to watching Paige's streams, it's been funny going back through the Cage ouvre and seeing all the reused models/actors.

Todd was in the rape bar in Beyond Two Souls, in fact, he was the main rapist.

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.
Im definitely missing something re: Woolie’s “what time is it?” story. Why would that phrase get you fired

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

Barent posted:

Im definitely missing something re: Woolie’s “what time is it?” story. Why would that phrase get you fired

Check IMDB for Predators.

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.

The Deleter posted:

Check IMDB for Predators.

No I get that it’s a hosed up quote but if you didn’t know the context it’s just asking what time it is. I mean unless the dude said the whole thing

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Barent posted:

No I get that it’s a hosed up quote but if you didn’t know the context it’s just asking what time it is. I mean unless the dude said the whole thing

i think woolies implication was that he stopped him from saying the full thing.

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.

Roobanguy posted:

i think woolies implication was that he stopped him from saying the full thing.

Oh okay that makes a lot more sense then.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i cannot fathom the mind that would decide to shout out that quote, even if everyone in the office knew what it was

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Farg posted:

i cannot fathom the mind that would decide to shout out that quote, even if everyone in the office knew what it was
Imagine someone whose only marketable skill was gaming.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
The 2nd run commentary is great. Gotta get that GUN

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
I feel like a lot of NPCs are going to get shot during the Re-troit.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The picture with Alice bleeding red blood.

Cage, you loving lying hack fraud.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Heavy Rain and now Detroit both have unreliable narrators in Shelby and Kara. Do all the other Cage games have them too?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Heavy Rain and now Detroit both have unreliable narrators in Shelby and Kara. Do all the other Cage games have them too?

Well Beyond is "unreliable" in the sense of it being told out of order for no good reason.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Captain Invictus posted:

Detroit's is times less egregious at least, it comes down to trying a "Do you still feel the same way now?" question, whereas Heavy Rain flat lies to your face about events and hard heel turns Scott in the final scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Yardbomb posted:

Detroit's is times less egregious at least, it comes down to trying a "Do you still feel the same way now?" question, whereas Heavy Rain flat lies to your face about events and hard heel turns Scott in the final scene.
Well, in Detroit's case, it explicitly blurs the image of the catalog for Alice to the player, Kara sees it and recognizes her, and then spends the entire rest of the game treating her like a human despite knowing she's not, including providing warm clothing/shelter and food even though she explicitly doesn't need either. I don't know if finding the catalog changes anything throughout the entire rest of the game but somehow I doubt it.