Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010
Continuing in the grand tradition of Shiraishi getting bitten by various animals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Ooh poo poo's getting Tungusic now.

By the way I loved the pun with ceengeini -> chin-geini (chin meaning dick in Japanese).

Negostrike fucked around with this message at 17:19 on May 29, 2018

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
https://twitter.com/KamuyCentral/status/1002154245720686592

Apparently, Tsukishima is pretty popular with female readers. A little surprising since he's a fairly normal guy, but I kinda get it. He's a hardworking dude who does his best at his job, even if it involves joining the circus with a bunch of goofy dorks.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
My boy Tsukishima finally getting the respect he deserves.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Noda not quite knowing why Ogata is a fan favorite with the ladies is hilarious to me but then I tried to think of why I love him so much and it didn't extend much beyond "I love the cat man"

E: my friend just pointed out that maybe it's a as simple as 'Noda does not know why women would love a dude that isn't stacked' and i would believe it but uh

Trust me I'm all about Tanigaki too

Okuyasu Nijimura fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 31, 2018

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/KamuyCentral/status/1002158602654629888

This tweet reminds me of this chapter.

Where you get this BEAUTY BUST gravure thing on the bottom right of the magazine cover.

And then you get to the Golden Kamui chapter and witness 100% pure Matagi.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
god i love this series so much

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Chapter 160 here https://mangadex.org/chapter/339721/1

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
Finally get some Kiroranke backstory and turns out he assassinated Alexander II that's great :) good for him.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Theowulv posted:

Finally get some Kiroranke backstory and turns out he assassinated Alexander II that's great :) good for him.

and to think people considered Kiroranke a villain

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Kiroranke is a total badass

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I binged through all of this. I read the first chapter when it came out, just happened to not pick it up, and I guess I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't secret People's Will members, The Red Skull, whatever is going down in the 7th division, random movie sendup arcs, and bear judo throws/fuckin.

Theowulv posted:

Led directly to Alexander III though, strategic error there.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
new chapter

it's like enemy at the gates, only good

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I wanna know what the hell kiroranke's ethnicity is because at this point i have no idea

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Plutonis posted:

I wanna know what the hell kiroranke's ethnicity is because at this point i have no idea

He is a cum man from cumania.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Btw I just said this in the anime thread but second season confirmed, starting in October

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
How did the anime turn out? I never watched past the second episode because the quality didn't feel comparable to the manga

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

QuasiQuack posted:

How did the anime turn out? I never watched past the second episode because the quality didn't feel comparable to the manga

everything thats not a bear is p good i think

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

QuasiQuack posted:

It got much better, but not to where I'd like. Hopefully a second season means they'll get better support to continue bringing up to the manga's standard.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I fell off around episode 6-7 (not because it was bad tho. I stopped watching megalo box around then too and it's great) but they def got better at animating the dumb faces people make. it's not amazing or anything but it was serviceable and I'll prob go back to it later

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/389456/1

Asirpa's dad was one of the Tsar assassins

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

While the method of assassination is the same, Noda Satoru changed the fates of the assassins. In history, the bomb thrower was caught by police after his bomb knocked him unconscious, instead of getting rescued by our favorite mysterious revolutionary.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I find it difficult to believe a 19th century Russian border guard stationed in the Sakhalin islands or wherever is so patriotic and disciplined that he would instantly recognize a guy from a wanted poster 20 years later disguised as an Ainu disguised as a different indigenous Siberian tribal. But whatever...

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Pewdiepie posted:

I find it difficult to believe a 19th century Russian border guard stationed in the Sakhalin islands or wherever is so patriotic and disciplined that he would instantly recognize a guy from a wanted poster 20 years later disguised as an Ainu disguised as a different indigenous Siberian tribal. But whatever...

weren't they tipped off that the he was going to try to cross the border?

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Also, Kiroranke is still a real Ainu as far as we know.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

thetoughestbean posted:

weren't they tipped off that the he was going to try to cross the border?

yea they were told kiroranke was gonna try and cross the border disguised like that. they figured them out because ogata's rifle was the latest model from the japanese military and there's no reason the orok would have one

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
I can't loving believe that Kiroranke threw a bomb at a horse.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
I just watched the anime, and I don't really like how it just transposed everything panel by panel, including all the expository dialogue, into animation. Oh well, it was still more fun than a lot of shows.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

He is a cum man from cumania.

He's a Tatar

https://mangadex.org/chapter/402006/1

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
new chapter with a surprise character twist

lol, jk. ogata is the complete sociopath he's always appeared to be

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Man, what a jerk!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Ogata only seems like a cold, calculating killer on the outside.

Peel back the layers and you'll see he's much worse.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
He's extremely badass

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Chas McGill posted:

He's extremely badass

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
new chapter

dig all that historically accurate lighthouse poo poo

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I was hoping Sugimoto would leave a sexy photo of Tanigaki in their house instead but that works too.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Weirdly ominous treatment for a lynx of all things. Like yeah it's Ogata I know

But a Lynx is just not that intimidating a thing to compare him too

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Feels like they were trying to play up the fact that he's taking a different path from the lynx. Ogata heel-face turn where he gets killed by Sugimoto in the middle of doing something good incoming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

somepartsareme posted:

Feels like they were trying to play up the fact that he's taking a different path from the lynx. Ogata heel-face turn where he gets killed by Sugimoto in the middle of doing something good incoming?

He's going to be killed doing something later seen as good or decent or at least contrary to their understanding of him.

I continue to assert the fact that however horrible he is, however ill his intent, somewhere in his mind he thinks he's done Asirpa a favor by killing her father (though he's still using her, obviously) so I think he does feel some small sort of empathy for her