Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

:hmmyes:

i remembered murphagator saying something like that in his run but when i tried it nothing happened... but maybe i was pressing the wrong button or punching the wrong spot

will keep this in mind, thanks

It takes two punches and I think you have to jump to hit the breakable part of the wall.

It's pretty fast to use the punchy throw on the fissure wall if it works on the first attempt. I wouldn't even bother with the wire throw it gives you at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

ArfJason posted:

Scrip5ing commentary is fine, the jokes were just awful how is this hard to grasp

Lol this, who cares obviously it’s just silly but the script is just so SO bad it’s hilarious

I never watched the run but it would’ve been amazing to follow along with the script I’m sad I missed out on that

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
I script my jokes when I do commentary because if you've ever read my posts or my Twitter you'd probably know I'm horribly unfunny when shooting from the hip

If that ruins the magic then oops sorry it's actually hard to be spontaneously funny

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
no gently caress you you need to be as good as people who literally take classes to be good at improv

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Every joke ive planned out fell flat and everything i improved on the spot killed it

Why can't everyone just be as funny as me?

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jul 5, 2018

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'm hilarious when I tell jokes to myself in my bedroom alone

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

:siren: Centrism alert :siren:

Runners should come in aware of what they'd want to say at different parts. It shouldn't be full improv, but it shouldn't be honed a ridiculous amount.

Like, know how you want to describe the game, the game's actions, and maybe a few jokes. Don't go in with a 100% plan, because chances are your couch isn't full of actors and won't necessarily get into as well as you'd like.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Studio posted:

Runners should come in aware of what they'd want to say at different parts. It shouldn't be full improv, but it shouldn't be honed a ridiculous amount.

Like, know how you want to describe the game, the game's actions, and maybe a few jokes. Don't go in with a 100% plan, because chances are your couch isn't full of actors and won't necessarily get into as well as you'd like.

Make sure you actually script your scripted jokes or you could end up like me during gift this year accidentally calling gutsman rockman.

It was so bad

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
My favorite part was when Trihex was telling a joke about Mario actually being the villain and it was like easily 5 sentences of setup and then the runner interrupted him right before the punchline so like 45 seconds later you hear another guy on the couch say "I thought BOWSER is supposed to be the villain!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b37FvBpujI&t=3916s

That was fun to follow along with

Garfu fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jul 5, 2018

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
scripting outside of a tasbot run? :thunk:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

SeXReX posted:

Make sure you actually script your scripted jokes or you could end up like me during gift this year accidentally calling gutsman rockman.

It was so bad

You absolute motherfucker.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

ArfJason posted:

You absolute motherfucker.

It's even worse in context

In gift you wear blue and slide around, like the blue bomber himself. Only instead of jumping and shooting, you jump and throw, like gutsman.

I called the pc in gift a cross between mega man and rockman

A half Japanese clone of himself.

I realized what i said like 15 seconds after i took off the headset it was pefect timing.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

heeheex2 posted:

Lol this, who cares obviously it’s just silly but the script is just so SO bad it’s hilarious

I never watched the run but it would’ve been amazing to follow along with the script I’m sad I missed out on that

Studio posted:

Agreed with these two, in general.

Garfu posted:

My favorite part was when Trihex was telling a joke about Mario actually being the villain and it was like easily 5 sentences of setup and then the runner interrupted him right before the punchline so like 45 seconds later you hear another guy on the couch say "I thought BOWSER is supposed to be the villain!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b37FvBpujI&t=3916s

That was fun to follow along with

Lmao

Also we have to jail sexrex now. I bet he calls mario a red luigi, too.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

No, he is clearly just not-lanky Mario

All hail lanky Mario, the new standard in Marios

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I'm calling the cops

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Something something my speedrun is a scripted joke something something

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Just more proof that scriptless half life is the greatest speedrun.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I caught the tail end of this SGDQ (first time I watch anything related to speedrunning) and it was so fun. I'm surprised all the runs I watched were so positive.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

gmq posted:

I caught the tail end of this SGDQ (first time I watch anything related to speedrunning) and it was so fun. I'm surprised all the runs I watched were so positive.
Are you perhaps requesting more really fun GDQ runs to watch, because there's a whole bunch!!!

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I never really “got” speedrunning but randomly stumbled on Summoning Salt’s 4-2 video which lead me to the rest of his channel which lead me to watching some of the most recent SGDQ vids and holy poo poo I get it now.

Speedrunning kicks rear end. I want to try and run something.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Mode 7 posted:

Speedrunning kicks rear end.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
This was a great GDQ, not only were there a ton of games I love being run, but the overall vibe was incredibly positive. Props to Studio for getting the amazing game Monolith into the schedule.

Pleb free twitch chat helped a ton. The second NME got the magic hosting bullet his chat immediately became ASCII penis spam.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Mode 7 posted:

I never really got speedrunning but randomly stumbled on Summoning Salts 4-2 video which lead me to the rest of his channel which lead me to watching some of the most recent SGDQ vids and holy poo poo I get it now.

Speedrunning kicks rear end. I want to try and run something.

Watch Lagoon by PJ from AGDQ 2016 and then start running Lagoon (or not)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh48L0YBsbI&hd=1&t=508s

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Hey SeXReX I know we had our small differences before (mostly relating to rando hurp durp) but I just wanted to say that your run(s) were awesome, your couch presence was awesome and I'm amazingly jealous of your beard. Please keep being awesome!

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Here, have a hype video. Folks at the other end of the hotel in the casual rooms could hear the countdown and filled the stream room just in time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WOWzV5qudQ

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

TeaJay posted:

Watch Lagoon by PJ from AGDQ 2016 and then start running Lagoon (or not)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh48L0YBsbI&hd=1&t=508s

Hey thanks, that was awesome and PJ was super engaging.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

TeaJay posted:

Watch PJ

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
How many copies of 7th Saga does PJ have again

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mode 7 posted:

Hey thanks, that was awesome and PJ was super engaging.

PJ is always super engaging

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

FirstAidKite posted:

How many copies of 7th Saga does PJ have again
I believe it was seven carts when he did his week of solo runs, with cart 5 being the cursed cart

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

pj and the overall group 'poor life choices' he's in that includes mecharichter as well is always a great watch and they have stuff up on youtube including their own little marathons that they do for fun, which i highly recommend watching

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

nobody can convince me that Team PLC aren't the most fun speedrunners to watch

sorry studio/sexrex

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Even when not speedrunning, PJ is always a solid watch. Lately, he started up a new game of Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts and he should never be allowed to touch a physics game... https://clips.twitch.tv/ExcitedGentleWafflePipeHype

Their twitch team page: https://www.twitch.tv/team/teamplc
Combined Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5ufT8-84hiY5O44nhMGAtA

In particular, the new years eve human fall flat stream was ridiciulous, but there's so much good stuff its hard to pick a favorite.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kaubocks posted:

sorry studio/sexrex

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Boogalo posted:

Even when not speedrunning, PJ is always a solid watch. Lately, he started up a new game of Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts and he should never be allowed to touch a physics game... https://clips.twitch.tv/ExcitedGentleWafflePipeHype

Their twitch team page: https://www.twitch.tv/team/teamplc
Combined Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5ufT8-84hiY5O44nhMGAtA

In particular, the new years eve human fall flat stream was ridiciulous, but there's so much good stuff its hard to pick a favorite.

You can't just come in here with "there's a video of Team PLC playing Human: Fall Flat" and just go away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAYPkInboSA

I think this is the one? I barely started and it's already glorious

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Team plc duck game and ultimate chicken horse are two of my favorite things ever and I hope they do another session soon

The way they break duck game is magical. PJ making a box burst into flames for absolutely no reason is one of the best moments in 45+ hours of archives

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

They managed to desync UCH playing 4 player co-op, locally.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
PJ is infamous for thing breaking in his presence, so that doesn't surprise me

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Kaubocks posted:

sorry studio/sexrex

Plc is the laugh track sitcom, easy to digest without having to think about it.

I'm more like dr Strangelove

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Pharohman777 posted:

PJ is infamous for thing breaking in his presence, so that doesn't surprise me

PJ sneezing really hard in his home caused the TTC upwarp.