Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I was in my second week of my first year of college, in small town Ontario.
I was actually listening to Howard when he mentioned that a plane hit a tower.
I didn't think much of it at the time. I got in the shower, went to school, and people were talking about it in the halls.
My class was cancelled, and most of us went to the pub to watch what was going on on TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.

hanales posted:

So did we, but then people went about their lives. Did you sit in rapt attention for the rest of the day? Because I saw people at the grocery store, the mall by where I lived had a full parking lot. Bars and restaurants were packed with people talking and expressing their feelings or just drowning fear in food and alcohol. The world didn’t shut down.

This post hurts me.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
I was in elementary school at the time. All of us were ushered into the computer lab and were wearing head phones. At one point I noticed something was wrong and took them off and listened to the radio in horror. First time listening to Howard.

Crazy loving broadcast. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0GFnnWJieKg

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I moved out of NYC on Sept 1, 2001, and arrived in LA on the night of Sept 10, 2001. We had visited the Windows on the World bar on a tuesday morning two weeks prior to leaving town, they were training a bunch of new bartenders - I've always wondered how many of them made it out of that part-time job - and nicked one of their menus, which is now probably one of the few remaining.

I woke up on my first day in LA and watched it in the same room at the Safari Inn that this scene from True Romance is set in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnOOqjcoi0o
Had no idea it was even in the movie until I watched it again a few years later.

My sister came out of the subway just in time to see the 2nd plane hit, and had no prior knowledge of anything going on yet due to being underground. She watched them both collapse from her office that was about 6 blocks up from the WTC so her story is closer to bowling a 300 than I accomplished. But I did fly to Venice that Saturday and letmetellyou, international air travel was a fun experience on Sept. 15.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1013412284943749120

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Pay attention to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

John is so pathetic.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

JB50 posted:

John is so pathetic.

Honestly I didn’t really enjoy him on the show. He really needed Howard to make him funny. I feel the same way about Artie actually.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

JB50 posted:

John is so pathetic.

seriously. if john got him to say anything remotely interesting then maybe, just MAYBE the call would be more noticed. But no, it couldn't be that the prank sucked, definitely not.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Agreed. John was only funny when he was the butt of the joke.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Last Chance posted:

seriously. if john got him to say anything remotely interesting then maybe, just MAYBE the call would be more noticed. But no, it couldn't be that the prank sucked, definitely not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXB-c5pD6ZY

Like this time, when he insisted that he deserved credit for a great prank, even though it was a dud.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

hanales posted:

Honestly I didn’t really enjoy him on the show. He really needed Howard to make him funny. I feel the same way about Artie actually.

Artie had some really, really good stories and for the most part at least knew how to not step on a good bit and when to chime in. Toward the end that....wasn't quite the case but when Artie was on, he was on.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

John is a fool who has somehow fallen upwards in life, but he did have two talents on the show: stirring poo poo up and having serious balls with his celebrity interviews. Ambushing celebrities in public with offensive questions is one of Stern's greatest innovations and it will never not be funny. They tried to use Gary Garver in California but it was never the same.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

GobiasIndustries posted:

Artie had some really, really good stories and for the most part at least knew how to not step on a good bit and when to chime in. Toward the end that....wasn't quite the case but when Artie was on, he was on.

Agreed. I might be harder on Artie than necessary because I associate him with a couple real unfunny periods of the show. 1. Pre Sirius when the censorship was off the roof, Howard complained about the government constantly and commercials were constant. 2003-04 ish. And then late Artie when he went full train wreck, it was almost al they talked about and he didn’t contribute much beyond diabetes and heroin abuse symptoms for Howard to make jokes out of.

Former Human posted:

John is a fool who has somehow fallen upwards in life, but he did have two talents on the show: stirring poo poo up and having serious balls with his celebrity interviews. Ambushing celebrities in public with offensive questions is one of Stern's greatest innovations and it will never not be funny. They tried to use Gary Garver in California but it was never the same.

Gary Garver did bring us Darth Nihilus but beyond that he seemed to have a really weird attitude and would like get mad when people would get annoyed with him.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

JB50 posted:

John is so pathetic.

Somebody paid attention...

https://twitter.com/stutteringjohnm/status/1013525983146594304

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Man, breaking news about yourself

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That twitter pic is at least 50 pounds ago

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
lol
https://twitter.com/stutteringjohnm/status/1013581995241189376

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
I hope Trump sends John to Gitmo.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Two Kings posted:

I hope Trump sends John to Gitmo.

I hope Trump just ignores him and it continues to drive him crazy. Much like Eminem.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

JB50 posted:

Much like Eminem.

What's this about?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What's this about?

https://www.bet.com/music/2017/11/20/eminem-donald-trump-bet-cypher.html

Hes mad that Trump ignores him.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

I’ve never seen so many white people in BET article comment section.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

hanales posted:

I’ve never seen the BET article comment section.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Oh is it always white people complaining about black people? I guess that’s not surprising.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Eric the Midget is spinning in his grave

https://people.com/music/david-foster-katharine-mcphee-engaged/

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Wow, literally twice her age.

And she was literally twice Eric's height :smug:

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

She’s only 4’6”?

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

hanales posted:

She’s only 4’6”?

gently caress YOU

IM THREE FOOT FIVE, THREE FOOT SIX rear end WIPE

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

an adult beverage posted:

gently caress YOU

What a grumpy munchkin.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
god i miss Eric so much :(

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

an adult beverage posted:

gently caress YOU

I'm CLUB FUCKIN FOOTED YOU ASSWIPE

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Fred, you push that button one more time, I'm gonna fly to New York......AND....BREAK ALL YOUR FINGERS!!!

*zero. point. zero.*
"I'll meet ya at JFK"

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
STAHP-IT!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Bonzo posted:

STAHP-IT!

I want GOOD CALLERS!

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

Yeah, so what? What’s your problem, du?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Langford: It is true, that before the appearance was mentioned on the air, there were zero point zero tickets sold

Howard: Is this true eric?

ETM: NO, I WANT YOU T OO FIRE HIS DUMB SHI ITTY rear end I H ATE HIM!!

Artie: Why? because he has a big penis?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I do all the computer processing for the tickets for the Sacramento Monarchs, and I'm also a listener of Sirius Satellite Radio.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

I do all the computer processing for the tickets for the Sacramento Monarchs, and I'm also a listener of Sirius Satellite Radio.

Can't that much of a listener; didn't know who Sal was.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I was just talking to the guys in the back and the uncut Sour Gary phone call with Pete is loving hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Can't that much of a listener; didn't know who Sal was.

To be fair, he said Sirius, not Howard Stern.

Can we start an email campaign?
Fire Benjy, bring back Jackie?
gently caress I hate Benjy.