Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

rodbeard posted:

I've never heard of walk-out basements.

- ted bundy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Bobby Digital posted:

Incel culture is resistant to at least four antibiotics.

How awesome would it be to be a modern anthropologist? Instead of studying some long extinct tiny tribe from the journals of some racist Edwardian minor aristocrat, you could do research and write whole theses on furries and incels and force people to read them lmao

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Jeza posted:

How awesome would it be to be a modern anthropologist? Instead of studying some long extinct tiny tribe from the journals of some racist Edwardian minor aristocrat, you could do research and write whole theses on furries and incels and force people to read them lmao

They're called documentarians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvFGFEgRLTk

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

This brings much joy, much contentment.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

You cant see it
But theres a mouse with a large 2x4 doing warmup golf swings behind the dog.

(Ice T's twit handle is FINALLEVEL, thats interesting to me.)

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rigged Death Trap posted:

(Ice T's twit handle is FINALLEVEL, thats interesting to me.)

He plays a lot of video games.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

God drat.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

is that trhe face of jesus in the log?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

punchymcpunch posted:

Yeah, Potato Jesus.

He Is Risen Baked!

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

It’s funny because he’s the president.

President of dawwwwwww

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

The MSJ posted:

He plays a lot of video games.

https://twitter.com/FINALLEVEL/status/1014504547514044416

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Gamer Stuff: kids are grinding up xbox controllers and steeping it in red bull and then freezing it into icecubes they call it gleamin the cube

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Talk about sleeping like a log! :dadjoke:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Spaceballs was an excellent movie.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Solice Kirsk posted:

Spaceballs was an excellent movie.

Most Mel Brooks movies are at least watchable. Dracula: Dead and Loving It and Men in Tights are lesser Brooks movies, but I still like them.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

punchymcpunch posted:

i found ron jeremy and some weird beady-eyed hitler, but no jesus

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
You circled the wrong part if you're looking for Ron.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Randaconda posted:

Most Mel Brooks movies are at least watchable. Dracula: Dead and Loving It and Men in Tights are lesser Brooks movies, but I still like them.

All Mel Brooks movies are a hot take on other movies and filmmakers.

Men in Tights was directly against Kevin Costner's Robin Hood. Spaceballs was a big gently caress you to George Lucas. High Anxiety was a love letter to Alfred Hitchcock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrFmuiF2ENY

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

syscall girl posted:

All Mel Brooks movies are a hot take on other movies and filmmakers.

Men in Tights was directly against Kevin Costner's Robin Hood. Spaceballs was a big gently caress you to George Lucas. High Anxiety was a love letter to Alfred Hitchcock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrFmuiF2ENY

Was their hottake animosity in those? Really? Spaceballs seems real celebratory actually.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
All of Mel Brooks's movies were based on a genuine love of their source material. His overriding ethos was "parody what you love."

Also, "gently caress Nazis and Hitler in particular," but they're the exception.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Bombadilillo posted:

Was their hottake animosity in those? Really? Spaceballs seems real celebratory actually.

I don't think Mel Brooks is a hater. Those movies were tributes and ya know Kevin Costner Robin Hood is actually good, but it also deserves to be made fun of.

Star Wars episode IV is just like, it needed someone to take the piss out and Mel Brooks showed up.

Young Frankenstein is the best movie ever, fight me.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

OutOfPrint posted:

All of Mel Brooks's movies were based on a genuine love of their source material. His overriding ethos was "parody what you love."

Also, "gently caress Nazis and Hitler in particular," but they're the exception.

Okay wait the best movie ever is Blazing Saddles

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

syscall girl posted:

I don't think Mel Brooks is a hater. Those movies were tributes and ya know Kevin Costner Robin Hood is actually good, but it also deserves to be made fun of.

Star Wars episode IV is just like, it needed someone to take the piss out and Mel Brooks showed up.

Young Frankenstein the original cuck.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
A few years ago I saw this furious diatribe of a letter sent to a Star Wars fan magazine circa 1987 denouncing the TRAVESTY of Spaceballs INSULTING the Star Wars movies and calling on all Star Wars fans to come together and boycott it, and it's one of my persistent regrets is that I've not been able to find it again.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

syscall girl posted:

Okay wait the best movie ever is Blazing Saddles

It was such an amazing movie and there's no way in hell you could ever make anything like it today. It's basically a live action Bugs Bunny cartoon.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

syscall girl posted:

I really like Prince of Thieves. :kiddo: Alan Rickman chews as much scenery as possible, and I can forgive Costner's lack of accent, since they rushed to filming and wouldn't let him finish with his voice coach.

(The English spoken back then wouldn't resemble any modern English language accent, anyway.)

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

It's cool in the water, but a little otter on the log.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Choco1980 posted:

Where the house is built into a hill so the basement is the ground floor on one side. My dad's house is like that.

It’s also sometimes called an English Style basement. My dad specifically wanted this when my parents built their retirement home so he had an easy way to get all his woodworking stuff into the his basement shop.

e: well, poo poo. I need to remember to check for a new page.

Proteus Jones has a new favorite as of 18:41 on Jul 4, 2018

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Randaconda posted:

I really like Prince of Thieves. :kiddo: Alan Rickman chews as much scenery as possible, and I can forgive Costner's lack of accent, since they rushed to filming and wouldn't let him finish with his voice coach.

(The English spoken back then wouldn't resemble any modern English language accent, anyway.)

Alan Rickman rules in Die Hard and Harry Potter. Shame he died, honestly he was one of those actors that ugh.

And Michael Winscott (you may remember him from The Crow)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZhCCu-2gbw

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

syscall girl posted:

Alan Rickman rules in Die Hard and Harry Potter. Shame he died, honestly he was one of those actors that ugh.

https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/689938339559030789

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Solice Kirsk posted:

It was such an amazing movie and there's no way in hell you could ever make anything like it today.

For a start, Richard Pryor is dead.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

syscall girl posted:

Has Michael Winscott ever played anything but a giant douche?

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Randaconda posted:

I'd love to know what throwback English accents would have sounded like.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

At the time the movie was set, I assume much more Germanic sounding, since the Norman influence hadn't had much time to influence the language, and Middle English was pretty different than Modern English.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Something like that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5QAV6lOCnQ

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Proteus Jones posted:

It’s also sometimes called an English Style basement.

But more normally known as "built on a hill".

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Randaconda posted:

Has Michael Winscott ever played anything but a giant douche?

He does it so well though. He's really talented.

Okay IMDB is telling me he's in Westworld and Ghost in the Shell

He's also been in a lot of video games as a voice actor

But i want to believe he's actually a good person who just portrays villains well

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
let's just say you want to be an actor

you want to play the villain and just be sick nasty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He was good in The Crow.