Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Roosevelt posted:

the great outdoor fight is probably the best webcomic saga of all time and i will go fugue on a punk what say otherwise

Did we go over that one? Doesn't sound familiar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

The great outdoor fight was the first time I just plain didn't get achewood. I thought I got achewood, and then the great outdoor fight happened. Everyone around me was hooting and hollering, just completely getting hype for the GOF but it had all the effect of receiving an eggshell white business card that just says "this is exciting" to me.

I think you need to have grown up watching WWE to have the brain synapses that can appreciate it.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Krinkle posted:

The great outdoor fight was the first time I just plain didn't get achewood. I thought I got achewood, and then the great outdoor fight happened. Everyone around me was hooting and hollering, just completely getting hype for the GOF but it had all the effect of receiving an eggshell white business card that just says "this is exciting" to me.

I think you need to have grown up watching WWE to have the brain synapses that can appreciate it.

Loved Achewood up to that point, bought the books and everything. Totally the same experience of just not getting it while everyone else went crazy. Not read it since.

MM&O is better anyway.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Skwirl posted:

My favorite Achewood is the mashup with Mr. Hyde in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Choco1980 posted:

That edit never fails to absolutely stun me how perfectly it works with the art.

Some of the panels are rearranged, but yeah.

BravestOfTheLamps has a new favorite as of 10:44 on Jul 4, 2018

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Whenever I think of the Great Outdoor Fight (which I loved), I think of this extremely good comic in the middle of it

I think about the phrase honky tonk blowjob probably...3 times a week

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Some of the panels are rearranged, but yeah.

it's crazy how bad zen pencils is, but how good it is when it's used for edit fodder. I still miss drilpencils

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Yeah, I did enjoy the phrase honky tonk style blowjob. And I went back to enjoy achewood for years to follow after it the fight was over. In general I like achewood, but sometimes, these arcs.

Fun fact: Chris Onstad used to have an account here. He was so offended by me saying I enjoyed The Third Man more than Citizen Kane he accused me of being an AI built by MIT to have bad opinions and think I'm a real person.

I mean they made us watch citizen kane over three days when our history teacher was sick and someone threw a muffin at my head when the substitute stepped out for a smoke break. I watched the third man on my own time to get the references made in a pinky and the brain episode and did not get hit with any muffins. I'm sorry but I just enjoyed the one movie more for some reason.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Achewood is at it's best when it's just a strip about nothing. Any time Onstad tried to create some mythos or greater story it just got really slow and distracting since the comic doesn't have "characters" so much as it has "blobs spouting bizarre euphemisms and one-liners."

If Achewood was ever repackaged and presented as a graphic novel, it would be absolutely tiresome to get through.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Achewood sucks.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Skwirl posted:

My favorite Achewood is the mashup with Mr. Hyde in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Amazing, this actually made me read a Achewood.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rodbeard posted:

Achewood sucks.

:emptyquote:

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Arguing about Achewood sucks. It's almost worse than the multipage Megg Mogg and Owl derails.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Skippy McPants posted:

Arguing about Achewood sucks. It's almost worse than the multipage Megg Mogg and Owl derails.

I bet Owl likes Achewood, what a tool.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
At least Achewood doesn't even have Owl.

Achewood < MMO

PizzaThief
Sep 22, 2006

Traveling through time AND space?
Here, have something else to argue about

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
90% less gross looking than DuckBoy

sunken fleet
Apr 25, 2010

dreams of an unchanging future,
a today like yesterday,
a tomorrow like today.
Fallen Rib

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Krinkle posted:

Fun fact: Chris Onstad used to have an account here. He was so offended by me saying I enjoyed The Third Man more than Citizen Kane he accused me of being an AI built by MIT to have bad opinions and think I'm a real person.

That's hilarious.

This is like every webcomic on the internet squeezed into one.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

PizzaThief posted:

Here, have something else to argue about

I'm pretty sure these would sell gangbusters.

This is basically every artist I know. Possibly also the next comic too.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/dickeyesmash/status/1013076275571945472/photo/1

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Christ, what an rear end in a top hat!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
The Aristocrats!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Countdown to the inevitable Loss edit in 5 ...4 .... 3...

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Future archeologists are going to be so confused about this new form of counting that took off for a while, but never went higher than 2.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

lofi posted:

Future archeologists are going to be so confused about this new form of counting that took off for a while, but never went higher than 2.

One, two, many, loss.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Ghost Leviathan posted:

One, two, two, loss.
ftfy

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

One, two, many, loss.

Troll counting.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Blind Sally posted:

holy poo poo

this is a masterpiece

Done by a goon, no less. Gavok. He's a good egg and a good poster.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Krinkle posted:

Did you really think we were gonna let this one slide without any proof?

And no before you start typing not that kind of proof.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Calling somebody an "AI built by MIT to have bad opinions" sounds like a very Chris Onstad kind of insult, so I buy it on it's face.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Search is down, as far as I can tell. gently caress if I know about archives. It would be around 2006ish.

e: https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=113435
guy still has an account but has not posted since 2010. the supreme dunk on me is not live and walking about in the least archived achewood thread.

Krinkle has a new favorite as of 01:44 on Jul 7, 2018

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

An AI built by MIT to have bad opinions should be somebody's avatar text.

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

By popular demand posted:

An AI built by MIT to have bad opinions should be somebody's avatar text.

I prefer not to boast

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
I'm more like an AI built by DeVry to have bland opinions :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Welp, she's made her bed...