Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

They are going by Blizzards latest thing in Legion by trickling content in on a weekly basis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Cerberus +1 is just Moe's 4 guns welded together. Sounds great.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I’m slowly learning this game is based on 4 factions who are battling over which type of music is better.

There's an adventure on Titan all about shutting down the Hive's lovely noisecore albums.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
If I did something to the faction helmet I had, is there anyway to get a new one? I put on the faction gear and do not get my stacks.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

hagie posted:

If I did something to the faction helmet I had, is there anyway to get a new one? I put on the faction gear and do not get my stacks.
Your stacks of renown? The faction rally is over.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Had no idea. First week in the game, thought I was doing something wrong so I figured I would toss in a question.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Waffle House posted:

It looks like they gave us plenty to chew on outside pvp maps

True dat

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Waffle House posted:

It looks like they gave us plenty to chew on outside timegates, so i’m hardly disappointed

Yeah. I think that if they didn't market the new supers so heavily, having content like this introduced in a time gated manner would have sent the community into a positive frenzy. Heck, maybe even put them behind an ARG and get people really worked up. That could have been fun.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
All this poo poo should have been at launch.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

hagie posted:

Had no idea. First week in the game, thought I was doing something wrong so I figured I would toss in a question.

Welcome to the best worst game you'll play.

Yeah, Destiny has a rotating schedule of weekly events that happen. They rotate every Tuesday. This week is dubbed "Winners Week", where the winners of the faction rally get to decorate the tower and a cool gun is on sale (Talk to Lakshmi. It's very good and worth getting).

Next week will be Iron Banner, which "special" 6v6 pvp mode. I put special in quotes because it's really nothing special. You earn tokens for participating and have a chance at wolf themed loot.

The week after IB is another Faction Rally. You'll be able to do renown again then. You have to re-pledge (or change your pledge) at the start of the rally. After that will be another Winners week.

After the last Faction Rally, the entire month of August will be "Solstice of Heroes". No idea what it is (bungie hasn't explained it yet). There will be no other Iron Banners or Faction Rallies until the next Season, which is when Forsaken comes out.

Here is the schedule in image form:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Waffle House posted:

It looks like they gave us plenty to chew on outside timegates, so i’m hardly disappointed

What your mom's all said too me

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
which dumbass' idea was Mayhem

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Bleck posted:

the smart one

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Bleck posted:

ah, i see youve run into a team of nightstalkers

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Just run around as a nightstalker or a voidwalker and cancel every single roaming super the eye can see

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

From the Gameinformer questions video

"Did you realise the Initials of this Expansion are D2F"

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

That video was actually really funny.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Mayhem is the best game mode, especially when you're a fun police rear end in a top hat.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Waffle House posted:

I guess the Vex love rock and roll???

Not sure how anyone has not said this yet, but, Vex, Dregs and Rock’n’Roll?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
reddit is thataway ------------------------------------>

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

RED BARON PIZZA PRESENTS:

A pizza-y update on the 8 pizza barons you’ll be facing. Article just came out an hour ago so some real oven fresh info here:

https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/07/05/these-are-the-eight-barons-who-helped-kill-cayde-6-in-destiny-2-forsaken

From the article, a very scary man below:

quote:

The Mad Bomber

"Yahahahehheheheehhehehaha!!"

Known Aliases: The Mad Bomber; Kaniks Two-Fingers; Kaniks the Detonator
Race: Fallen Baron (male)

A bombastic thrill-seeker for whom self-preservation is an afterthought, the lunatic known as the Mad Bomber is willing to blow an entire location to smithereens just to kill his target.

History

No one knows where the Mad Bomber came from or how he got here because even he no longer knows. The Mad Bomber now lives simply day-to-day and bomb-to-bomb, constantly chasing the adrenaline high of a fiery explosion. A few too many near-misses and concussive blasts warped whatever was left of his already addled mind.

Status

WANTED. All reports on Baron activity show a high number of localized and massive explosives, believed to be the work of the one they call the Mad Bomber. Be aware of your surroundings at all times and prepare for disarmament protocols.

Seeder of the Accretion Mines: Thousands of haphazardly strewn mines across the Reef that take Awoken lives daily.
Destroyer of the Origin Libraries: Targeted the last three known vestiges of the Reef Awoken in an effort to assassinate any remaining royalty.

“Look, we all like blowing stuff up, but there’s a line. A line this guy crossed a long time ago.” – Cayde-6

ICR fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jul 5, 2018

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

𝑫𝑰𝑺𝑨𝑩𝑳𝑬 𝑴𝑰𝑵𝑬𝑺, 𝑮𝑼𝑨𝑹𝑫𝑰𝑨𝑵?

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So my house burned to the ground and I have a burning need to distract myself from life for a bit.

Is this game as trashy as people say nowadays or is it actually pretty good? I'm a big fan of Marathon's crazy lore if it helps. I know it ties into Destiny somehow too, but not really how much.

Anyways, i'm thinking of picking it up while it's on sale but i'm not sure I want to take the plunge. Especially since i've only got a 300 kilobyte per second DSL connection on a fresh laptop (My old one melted along with...Well, pretty much everything else I owned sans the clothes on my back.) which means it'll take forever to download. Would kind of suck to spend 3 days downloading this only to find out that it's as hollow of a long term experience as people say.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jul 5, 2018

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
There's a lot to do and a lot of guns to collect. The endgame isn't super broad, but there's a large breadth of stuff to do, and the way power scaling works even midgame content will stay somewhat threatening throughout. The gunplay is good, the movement is solid, and while there are a number of annoyances, I really enjoy Destiny 2 in its current state.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
This is probably a pretty good time to get into it if you can get the base+expansions for a reasonable price, there's definitely enough to do to for the time until Forsaken launches, which will give you a whole boatload of new stuff to do

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
TWAB

quote:

Eater of Worlds will receive a one-hour delay to ensure players have ample time to download and install Destiny 2 Update 1.2.3 once it becomes available. Spire of Stars has been delayed 24 hours to offset the activity releases. The following times are when each activity will become available:

Eater of Worlds Prestige, 11 a.m. PDT on July 17
Spire of Stars Prestige, 10 a.m. PDT on July 18

quote:

The first week’s modifier is brand new. It’s called Arsenal. It’s weird, and that’s all I’ll say about it. As far as the curated loadout goes, I can only give you a little advice about one slot:

I’ve been looking out from my Time-Worn Spire and I feel an Autumn Wind blowing.

So kinetic pulses :argh:

quote:

Starting this Friday (7/6) at 10 a.m. PDT and lasting through the weekly reset, players may earn 3x Valor Rank gains in all Valor-supported playlists!

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
triple valor? dare i go for prestige number 5?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Archonex posted:

So my house burned to the ground and I have a burning need to distract myself from life for a bit.

Is this game as trashy as people say nowadays or is it actually pretty good? I'm a big fan of Marathon's crazy lore if it helps. I know it ties into Destiny somehow too, but not really how much.

Anyways, i'm thinking of picking it up while it's on sale but i'm not sure I want to take the plunge. Especially since i've only got a 300 kilobyte per second DSL connection on a fresh laptop (My old one melted along with...Well, pretty much everything else I owned sans the clothes on my back.) which means it'll take forever to download. Would kind of suck to spend 3 days downloading this only to find out that it's as hollow of a long term experience as people say.

Sorry to hear this.

So where is the cheapest to get this game right now?

Goons, can I get some help?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Fathis Munk posted:

So kinetic pulses :argh:
Mehhhhh at least I've been looking for an excuse to try out Machina Dei 4, and I need to do hella strikes for the paradox amplifiers.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Archonex posted:

I picked it up recently and burned through the plot and got into the end game stuff in 3 weeks or so. End game seems to have a limited time to return investment each week unless you're really into PvP.

I got it through humble bundle and thought it was a good money/entertainment value, but I might be a little annoyed with it at full price.

Getting into the raids was a big step, those fights seem really well designed with interesting mechanics.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

The game is currently on sale on battle.net:

The Expansion Pass is also on sale for $19.99

Be a bad, bad boy and get ready for September.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

The base game was part of humble monthly and has popped up in Sa-mart for 7 bucks or so a few times as well.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Archonex posted:

if you link your battlenet ill gift you a copy.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

if you link your battlenet ill gift you a copy.

Well holy poo poo. Thanks man.

Shot you a message via PM's.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Also sent you a PM friend.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Density 2 is free to play this weekend just FYI

https://www.pcgamer.com/destiny-2-is-free-to-play-this-weekend/

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

This would be a good idea if the campaign wasn't hot rear end.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

The Hot rear end Legion

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
Yeah,

The d2 campaign and the dlc made me totally lose faith in bungie's ability to make any decent storytelling. I hope I'm wrong, co's the game is still pretty fun.

On top of that, someone up on the chain seems to have a huge hard-on for "non linear" campaign story, considering how they butchered d1 for this and keep coming back with it. I can only imagine that it must be a really bad case of what I call "kids this days" syndrome.

I don't particularly hate the idea of a non-linear story, but it is not like I ever thought of any game: "Wow this game is so cool but what I really want is to kill boss B before boss A".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

As terrible as the nonstory D1 had was, at least the individual levels were fun and memorable; fighting Hive with the sword, crossing the cabal bridge, courtyard vex shootout, and the giant minotaurs at the end. There were real levels in a real shooting game. In D2 you have to stand still for a couple seconds for an enemy to actually hit you, there's no level design besides "make area, put some mooks in it", and most can just be run past.

Ah gently caress, I should just go buy a console.

• Locked thread