Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Weltlich posted:

You might have "won" that war, but the best maple syrup is made in Vermont.

Um yeah canadians are better people than US

true fact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Weltlich posted:

Whatever lets you sleep at night :smug:

Now insult their hockey and Tim Hortons

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

FLQ did nothing wrong

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Zil posted:

https://nypost.com/2015/05/24/the-secret-canadian-plan-to-invade-the-us/

They already made plans for that eventuality

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Canada gets to claim the win for the same reason brits can be patriotic about their soccer team which is all Nigerian and Portuguese players. Because nationalism is dumb.

Happy America Lost to Canada and Vietnam Day.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Canada gets to claim the win for the same reason brits can be patriotic about their soccer team which is all Nigerian and Portuguese players. Because nationalism is dumb.

Happy America Lost to Canada and Vietnam Day.

The First Nations were screwed over harder than the natives in america

it's why the $20 is not gonna feature Andrew Jackson anymore

One of the good things we can say about our dumb country

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

syscall girl posted:

it's why the $20 is not gonna feature Andrew Jackson anymore

Don't expect that anytime soon.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Your dumb toddler president only talks about shooting people out on the street. Our dumb toddler prime minister loving choked out a dude in front of news cameras. Beat that, Yanks.

E:

For reference, here's our current idiot prime minister

He's on the left, pictured moments before beating the everloving poo poo out a sitting Canadian Senator... the dude on the right.

nine-gear crow has a new favorite as of 04:57 on Jul 5, 2018

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

drat

Trump ruins everything

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

nine-gear crow posted:

He's on the left, pictured moments before beating the everloving poo poo out a sitting Canadian Senator... the dude on the right.

Hold up, they did some dumb MMA/Boxing thing? I'd vote for ol' Donny if it meant I could watch him get the dogshit beat out of him by someone in 2020. Could Sanders take him in a fight?

Also, Tim's is literally the Burger King of doughnuts and coffee. Think about that a bit ya frostbitten hoseheads. #yeastdoughnuts4lyfe

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Warbird posted:

Hold up, they did some dumb MMA/Boxing thing? I'd vote for ol' Donny if it meant I could watch him get the dogshit beat out of him by someone in 2020. Could Sanders take him in a fight?

Septuagenarian boxing, the new national sport

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Warbird posted:

Also, Tim's is literally the Burger King of doughnuts and coffee. Think about that a bit ya frostbitten hoseheads. #yeastdoughnuts4lyfe

Trudeau punched Brazeau so hard he lost his senate seat... to a MASSIVE corruption scandal, but details, details.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

RFC2324 posted:

Septuagenarian boxing, the new national sport

As long as Paul Ryan has stopped lifting so many weights, I'm confident that Tammy Duckworth would win the Congressional Battle Royale

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

PittTheElder posted:

That's not the French. :colbert:

The more accurate 'slavers aided by one of the two most powerful European nations' wouldn't have sounded as good

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

But the accuracy!

Zil posted:

As a Canadian, I will happily do that myself. Hockey is a dumb sport, and Tim Hortons has been awful for at least a decade; their popularity even here loving collapsed last year, mostly because franchise owners started bitching loudly to the press about how unfair a $1 minimum wage increase was for them, and how they'd have to claw back employee benefits in exchange.

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

Snowy posted:

They gave them that one little town, that must be the worst beach

I know this was a joke, but if only there was a way to find o

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.925...0!7i8704!8i4352

I think what's surprised me more is that Bosnia & Hertzegovina might be the only country other than NK that doesn't have street view

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Zil posted:

Tim Hortons does suck rear end though, and my buddy who actually lives up there backs me up on that. Maybe the Double Double is better, but their plain black coffee was weak as gently caress.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

And Canadian maple syrup is literal garbage compared to the heavenly taste of Vermont maple syrup.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
We all know winners write the history books, but did you know winners also write the song books? Where is the songs describing the British winning the war of 1812?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50_iRIcxsz0
:fsmug:

Yes the Battle of New Orleans was technically after peace was achieved but :thesperg:

Val Helmethead
Apr 24, 2009

Pittsburgh is stored in the balls.

It is Anthrocon in Pittsburgh, so the local rag made this their cover:

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

syscall girl posted:

The First Nations were screwed over harder than the natives in america

Wait what? How is this possible?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
[img]https://i.imgur.com/7TxwfNz.gif[img]

edit caust it's 95mb

Spanish Manlove has a new favorite as of 23:40 on Jul 5, 2018

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Raptor1033 posted:

Wait what? How is this possible?

Canadians are monsters. They were forcibly sterilizing indian women and kidnapping Indian children until like the 1960’s.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah, somehow Canada and Australia managed to treat the native people arguably worse than the US did.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Trudeau punched Brazeau so hard he lost his senate seat... to a MASSIVE corruption scandal, but details, details.

The details are the best part. He actually didn't lose his Senate seat, he's currently a sitting member IIRC. He was only suspended...due to being charged with domestic and sexual assault as well as the improper expense claims but was reinstated.

While he was suspended he worked as a day manager at a strip club and got bodyslanmed through tables as part of guest referee gigs at minor professional wrestling matches.

His wikipedia page currently lists his profession as "Senator, strip club manager" :allears:

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Bum the Sad posted:

Canadians are monsters. They were forcibly sterilizing indian women and kidnapping Indian children until like the 1960’s.

The only reason America wasn't doing this to the same extent also is cause we had murdered all of them already. That said we did all the same things up until the 70s also to the very few that remained.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sterilization_of_Native_American_women

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

The details are the best part. He actually didn't lose his Senate seat, he's currently a sitting member IIRC. He was only suspended...due to being charged with domestic and sexual assault as well as the improper expense claims but was reinstated.

While he was suspended he worked as a day manager at a strip club and got bodyslanmed through tables as part of guest referee gigs at minor professional wrestling matches.

His wikipedia page currently lists his profession as "Senator, strip club manager" :allears:

This whole thing has sitcom written all over it

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Randaconda posted:

And Canadian maple syrup is literal garbage compared to the heavenly taste of Vermont maple syrup.

I love how Trump has completely ruined generic Mr. Presidents

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Blind Sally posted:

man, you know what else happened at the beginning of July but I guess everyone was too polite to mention? Canada day. Here's some historically accurate Canadian history memes to counteract all these historically inaccurate American ones:

other than rob ford, I don't know what's going on in these canadian heritage moments.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Snow the reggae rapper should get one.

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

syscall girl posted:

They had the Maginot Line which uh, didn't work as intended

actually the Maginot ine did exactly what it was intended to do: it forced the Germans to go round through Belgium, giving the French forces time to organize their defence.

Unfortunately, they hadn't counted on the new blitzkrieg tactics which meant the Germans got through Belgium much quicker than expected

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

The goofy smiling mugshot is Gordon Campbell, who when he was Premier of British Columbia (i.e. Governor), got extremely hammered on vacation and was arrested for drunk driving in Hawaii.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Not the only thing Canada and Denmark share

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Indian_residential_school_system

https://twitter.com/jenanmoussa/status/1013844576963121153

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

pr0zac posted:

The only reason America wasn't doing this to the same extent also is cause we had murdered all of them already. That said we did all the same things up until the 70s also to the very few that remained.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sterilization_of_Native_American_women

lol Canadians can't even ethnically cleanse right, what garbage people.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yes a 95 MB gif
Not even that funny

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Spanish Manlove posted:

huge loving gif

this gif size is literally larger than the video it came from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I am outraged and demand a new page without this loving gif.