Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rate the Thread!
This poll is closed.
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
7 100.00%
Total: 7 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the geniuses at ea saw that their developer whose entire oeuvre at that point was making some of the more mediocre doom levels had a wierd name so they put it on the box

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

the geniuses at ea saw that their developer whose entire oeuvre at that point was making some of the more mediocre doom levels had a wierd name so they put it on the box

lol, but also american mcgee was a level designer for doom/doom 2 and quake. now you know something about him

i played the poo poo out of alice and this is the first thing ive learned about american mcgee. i always assumed it was some author

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

There were like 6 completely different ports of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone and out of all of them the best one by far ended up being the Gameboy Color version which was a fairly challenging turn based RPG

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

There were like 6 completely different ports of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone and out of all of them the best one by far ended up being the Gameboy Color version which was a fairly challenging turn based RPG

The craziest "that didn't happen" is Nintendo making a bid to scoop up all non-book rights to Harry Potter along with some cool anime inspired concept art and a quidditch demo. it went to Universal instead because they could make movies out of it and then the game license trickled down to EA

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

i remember reading some interview with him years ago where he basically says he said he insisted they dont put his name on it because no one actually knows who he is but they wanted to make him a brand and did it anyway

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

oh i quoted the wrong person but whatever, you can work it out

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

oh i quoted the wrong person but whatever, you can work it out

That's awful for Harry Potter that his name got blown up that way ;/

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thats chill that american mcgee's bosses apparently owned the rights to his name somehow

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The only person i ever known who played an american mcgee game was the chick that had a crush on me in eigth grade

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Did anyone else play the dedicated quidditch game that was like even more molested madden

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Xbox Ambassador posted:

We should honor his wishes and grant him that username

Your wish is my command.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

R. Guyovich posted:

Your wish is my command.

Lmfao. Good day in the IZ

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

American McGay posted:

Fun fact 100 years ago when we used to post on YCS my username was something stupid as gently caress like Laser Beam or whatever and then Frags changed my name in one of those wacky mega threads to "American McGee's 3some" and then I got banned or something and couldn't unban my account cause the username was too long so they had to shorten it to American McGay.

I still don't know who this man is.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lmfao. Putting on my nightcap and going to sleep content like the night before christmas seeing that someobe got renamed american mcgay

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

Lmfao. Putting on my nightcap and going to sleep content like the night before christmas seeing that someobe got renamed american mcgay

Lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm back baby.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

American McGay posted:

I'm back baby.

:worship:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think he made the insanely bad egypt themed levels in the Quake Mission pack.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

They're huge backtracky mazes with as minimal movement possibilities as possible. There is a cool mural of Neptune in one of the rooms though.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

American McGay posted:

I'm back baby.

ive already forgotten what this guys name was before lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

I'm back baby.

Hell yeah

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

American McGay posted:

I'm back baby.

Happy 4th of July, American McGay.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

ive already forgotten what this guys name was before lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

American McGay posted:

I'm back baby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSfpoSrCGsQ

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

American McGay posted:

I'm back baby.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay posted:

I'm back baby.

Imagine the ability to drop American McGay into any Imp Zone thread.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
American McGay

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

extremebuff posted:

american mcgee's Twisted Alice retelling on the quake 3 engine

the game is actually pretty cool, and a lot of people might know about it. but what you might not remember is that they rebooted it as a generic action platformer in the early 2010s and no one had anything to say about it

Anerican mcgees alice was garbage what is wrong with you

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Actually it's a fairly underappreciated gem with superb, unsettling graphics and audio design.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

I remember Nintendo Power REALLY hyping this up for months. I never played it so I don't know if it was justified or not

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I remember Nintendo Power REALLY hyping this up for months. I never played it so I don't know if it was justified or not

I played the demo and it was pretty good.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Lumpy the Cook posted:

it was the game where i learned to master double jumping

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

well i played it when I was an easily impressed kid but, shocked that you dont like a game lyle

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
It’s ok to like bad games.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bob just went in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

net cafe scandal posted:

Bob just went in.