Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Straight
Eoge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I love eoge

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Droyer posted:

Straight
Eoge

Straight
Eroge

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://my.mixtape.moe/lwgqci.webm

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
wtf is that?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
its the next cute bullying series

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

chumbler posted:

Straight
Eroge

somehow, just as boring as straight-edge

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Aru Zombie Shoujo no Sainan

greatly enjoyable riff on schlocky horror ovas, lots of laughs and lots of gore. first good gonzo in a decade

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Is Tonegawa getting streamed anywhere?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
its on CR

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Blhue posted:

its on CR
Sweet. Internet connection at work has been crap, so I guess I'll be watching it at home, instead.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Davincie posted:

Aru Zombie Shoujo no Sainan

greatly enjoyable riff on schlocky horror ovas, lots of laughs and lots of gore. first good gonzo in a decade

This was absolutely hilarious. The inconsistent GONZO quality fit perfectly with the tone and themes. The story and plot have so many holes, but it was just so stupid it didn't matter. It simultaneously was cheesecake, yet edgy. Like razorblades in the cheesecake, and you just laugh and pick them out while you consume the delicious dessert. I hope the high-schooler that wrote this got paid well.

9/10

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Zombie Girl is the best kind of B movie in anime form. Definitely watch it unless you can't handle gore at all.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jul 4, 2018

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

New Lupin arc starting off with more Ami and also first real Fujiko of the season is good stufg

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZtfwRlTpHA

CalorieMate ads are wild. Also :3:
(the narration is in the youtube subtitles btw)

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Knorth posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZtfwRlTpHA

CalorieMate ads are wild. Also :3:
(the narration is in the youtube subtitles btw)

Yup!

Though the main character looks bizarrely like Mary Cagle to my eye.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Forgettable season-obligatory ikemen cliche series with the spin that they are actually guns was incredibly dull and forgettable. Thought I'd see something with an atom of interest for studying adaptations of historical arms into fiction, but I was wrong.

One Room S2 takes the original direction instead of S1 second half dumpsterfire so it's a sugary sweet thing but I want to see it expand, go yakuza dialogues, coming home to a pet happy to see you return, maybe go monster girl, do the gakitsuka referencing, or a side-M done well.

Back Street Girls was given a 3 minute flash animation budget and had to expand to full length episodes at the very last moment, without a doubt.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
zombie shoujo was wonderful

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Ghosts n Gopniks posted:

Back Street Girls was given a 3 minute flash animation budget and had to expand to full length episodes at the very last moment, without a doubt.

Where might one go to witness this trashpile?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
It got picked up by Netflix so you can either watch it illegally raw or wait six months.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
In my case it was a streamer on nicovideo who didn't care the slightest about repercussions and streamed off of his TV feed, talking with commentators over it. These people pop up from time to time and bless them for giving no fucks. No youtube-level live content ID matching yet for nicovideo

e: they forget to enable country restrictions on official broadcasts and official reruns a bunch too, so my 550 yen a month gets put to good use

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Jul 5, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Double Decker, the buddy cop series set in the same world as Tiger & Bunny. is officially slated for Fall with an advance screening in September.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Double Decker, the buddy cop series set in the same world as Tiger & Bunny. is officially slated for Fall with an advance screening in September.

I like how they went for an even more homoerotic series title this time around. Also, Max looks like she could be pretty badass.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Darth Walrus posted:

I like how they went for an even more homoerotic series title this time around. Also, Max looks like she could be pretty badass.
Also voiced by best girl Dorothy's VA. :allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also, I'm glad most of the main staff worked on the original in some fashion. The only exception is Hayashi, and he's well proven himself with MHA alone.

E: And as if it weren't homoerotic enough already, one of the main characters is voiced by the dub VA of Benedict Cumberbatch

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

I like how they went for an even more homoerotic series title this time around.

Very homoerotic busses.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

Very homoerotic busses.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I always leave behind double deckers to show my appreciation to an establishment

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i question the homoeroticism of making GBS threads in a toilet tank

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
big fan of Maxine "Max" Silverstone

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

dogsicle posted:

i question the homoeroticism of making GBS threads in a toilet tank
This made me chortle hard. :cawg:

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

:goonsay: actually making GBS threads in the tank is an upper decker

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Surprising noone, Banana Fish owns

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Pootybutt posted:

Surprising noone, Banana Fish owns

How do they do with modernising it? The manga was very much of its time.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

How do they do with modernising it? The manga was very much of its time.

Did a drat good job, I'd say. Felt perfectly modern to me, and I was vaguely aware the manga had been around for awhile but I never read it, so I didn't notice anything glaring. A fan would be able to pick up on more tho, if anything did seem egregious.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Pootybutt posted:

Did a drat good job, I'd say. Felt perfectly modern to me, and I was vaguely aware the manga had been around for awhile but I never read it, so I didn't notice anything glaring. A fan would be able to pick up on more tho, if anything did seem egregious.

The original was heavily into Eighties American culture (particularly gang culture), and had Vietnam’s legacy and the Cold War as major background elements. Interesting to hear that they managed to lift the story away from that seamlessly enough that you didn’t notice it.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Well, there are plenty of wars that could serve as a backdrop and it's not like gang culture has completely gone away.

:stonklol:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Yeah its depiction of gang culture doesn't feel too rooted to the 80's for me.

I would say it's very on the nose about Iran Contra stuff (to a kind of crazy extent for when it was published) and obviously that same thing's kept on happening and is happening now but that's the last time it was really big in the public consciousness.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

A live-action Gundam project between Sunrise and Legendary was just announced at AX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

A live-action Gundam project between Sunrise and Legendary was just announced at AX.
But who's gonna be Amuro?

• Locked thread