Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I think he's still inclined to hope for the best by being sincere and kind, and that it took a few seasons for him to actually be able to defend himself when that approach didn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Fun Fact: It's been literally one exact production season (the equivalent of 52 11-minute episodes, though the actual number of episodes is 50 in this case thanks to the shorts and Gem Harvest) since Bismuth

Metal Ray Sunshine
Jun 16, 2009

Muta's Mating Dance Rates a 5 on the Muta Scale
I hope that Peridot gets along with Bismuth, and she makes her new arm and leg attachments so she can have a powered up form that looks like her original form

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
At the very least, maybe some elevator shoes.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Well I guess it's safe to infer that Peridot is okay with the Pink Diamond news :v:

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Macaluso posted:

Well I guess it's safe to infer that Peridot is okay with the Pink Diamond news :v:

I was kinda hoping for an episode of her making Steven really uncomfortable by treating him like a diamond

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Maybe they haven't even told her yet. :v:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Peridot should fuse with Bismuth, she deserves a big butch girlfriend after everything that's happened.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

EasyEW posted:

With flame decals, like her coffee can lifts.

And heck, throw some dolphins in for Sapphire.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

I'm so glad Bismuth is back! This might be my favorite bomb since the original. Every episode has been so sweet and I love the little nuances each one has added to these characters.

I think it's safe to say that we'll be seeing that thing that got spoiled by the official CN video tomorrow, which is... pretty wild, even now I can't really imagine how that's going to shake out

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
that was my favorite episode in a long time. Love that they brought Bismuth back.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Ugh these townie episodes

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

EasyEW posted:

I'm just picturing her with some go-go boots or something now

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Moon shoes.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm glad that Steven and Bismuth talked about it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!
I Bismuthed her so much

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I CALLED IT YOU SHITS

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

What a wonderful episode. This show is so good at setup and payoff.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
I loved the touch of Amethyst gently teaching Peridot how to interact socially. She really is growing into the most emotionally mature of the gems.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

No one in this thread has said "she's back in bismuth!" yet, and frankly I'm ashamed of all of you for that.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This bomb has been wonderful and leading up to something amazing and pure.

I can only guess at how terrible it's all going to go in the next episode.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

I can only guess at how terrible it's all going to go in the next episode.

Yellow and Blue wedding crashers!

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Bismuth is easily the most rational gem.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I’m very glad Bismuth is back and I hope she will stay permanently.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The viewing numbers are looking good for these past few episodes of Steven Universe! Not as good as the numbers for Teen Titans Go, but still really good!

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
"No, Yellow. I am Pink Diamond."

"No. No! That's not true. That's impossible!".

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Note Block posted:

I’m very glad Bismuth is back and I hope she will stay permanently.

I hope the eyecatches from the last Bismuth episode come back too.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also the best thing about this is Peridot thinks not dropping their drinks is the game she just won after Steven says "And make sure those cans don't drop" when he goes to pickup Bismuth

Peridot :3:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I honestly think this is fine. I mean it's nice to not have everything based on everyone constantly lying.

Bismuth still feels like she's gonna get barn'd, by which I mean hang out in her forge 99% of the time even when it makes sense for her to be somewhere else.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I imagine Bismuth and Peridot will be best friends because Bismuth will be fascinated by the prospect of building weapons that Peridot can use with her powers. Alternately, Bismuth will hate Peridot because she won't stop trying to get her to make things for her.

edit:

Pick posted:

Bismuth still feels like she's gonna get barn'd, by which I mean hang out in her forge 99% of the time even when it makes sense for her to be somewhere else.

Never mind, Bismuth's gonna get sent to Lars so she can trick out the Sun Incinerator.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jul 6, 2018

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Of course while knowing the entire backstory was the lynchpin for Bismuth's story, (next episode implications)The Diamond's won't be so easy - certainly, their sister was never shattered, but she is still dead.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
wheres jasper

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BioEnchanted posted:

Of course while knowing the entire backstory was the lynchpin for Bismuth's story, (next episode implications)The Diamond's won't be so easy - certainly, their sister was never shattered, but she is still dead.

I wonder if even if they believe Steven, they'll try to do something drastic like "poof" him to make her reform.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

chitoryu12 posted:

I wonder if even if they believe Steven, they'll try to do something drastic like "poof" him to make her reform.

On the other hand, They gave Pink a planet, and she did with it exactly as she saw fit - by joining it. Blue at least may be willing to consider things in a more nuanced way, given her reactions at the trial (even when accused of conspiring by the lead attorney, she still tried to stop Yellow from loving up the trial - she's more level-headed than Yellow it seems.) Especially given it was partially her unwillingness to listen to Pink that made her shatter herself in the first place.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

After they "poof" Steven, Pink Diamond is going to reform and say "Welp, I guess that didn't work."

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Question about gems reforming: we've seen that gems can vary their time before they regenerate (Amethyst vs. Pearl). But everytime a gem has been unbubbled, they reform pretty much immediately, despite their sense of time effectively being in stasis while bubbled. Is it just coincidental that all the unbubbled gems decide to regenerate immediately, or time spent in the bubble 'contributes'?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Infinitum posted:

Also the best thing about this is Peridot thinks not dropping their drinks is the game she just won after Steven says "And make sure those cans don't drop" when he goes to pickup Bismuth

Peridot :3:

The BEST part? So did everyone else, since Gems are pretty literal minded about orders, AND it's an example of Steven being the leader he hasn't really admitted to being yet.

e:

To above post about bubbles: my random nerd hunch is that bubbles still let in some light needed by the gems to be comfortable/alive/physical, so all the of the instant reformers got charged up over their time in bubbles, but they themselves don't experience any time while bubbled and poof'd.

Object gems, unfortunately, experience time, as evidenced by Lapis' post-trauma reactions. Probably they get enough light to think and do their object's thing, but not enough to escape.

T-man fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jul 6, 2018

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Pick posted:

I honestly think this is fine. I mean it's nice to not have everything based on everyone constantly lying.

I think she probably will but it's fine. The character is good doing really passionate thoughtful monologs and not chilling out, so she'll probably come out when something important is going on but not to the carnival. That's fine. Bringing her back in the first place is beyond what some thought possible and a great example of the show keeping to its themes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Where's Jasper
Where's Andy
When are we gonna get Andismuth