Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

deep dish peat moss posted:

Would anyone like to play any games co-op over steam with me https://steamcommunity.com/id/illoso

I have a lot of games already but if there's something you really want to play and I don't have it I can buy it next time I get paid!

I added. I also have many gems geams games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

deep dish peat moss posted:

Would anyone like to play any games co-op over steam with me https://steamcommunity.com/id/illoso

I have a lot of games already but if there's something you really want to play and I don't have it I can buy it next time I get paid!

I also added hello

Starman Super DX

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.

Starman Super DX posted:

I'm always looking for people who feel like playing something. Added

in fact to that end here’s mine

https://steamcommunity.com/id/SuperStarmanDXUltra

#chillgamingclub #byobideojames

Tell me more!
btw ty Birdcon for the sweet spring sig

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Lizard Wizard posted:

can someone tell me if paladins is good? thanks

paladins is surprisingly good despite looking way intensely grindy and awful in every aspect of the UI

it's OW with a b*ttload of characters (37 or 38 right now iirc) and some mild hero customization

Rockman Reserve

my current main is a big tree guy with a really funny voice

he heals allies within range passively, he has a spider-man vine thing, he can instaheal for a bit more on a cooldown and has a huge 5s heal for his ult

instead of a gun he throws an axe and it does more damage the further it travels. it's slow and has a huuuuge vertical hitbox so i like to set up on a cap point and just lob axes at corners and catch people as they walk around. i've also set him up so that his axe does more damage and the damage-over-distance is improved considerably, and all his cooldowns basically melt away when you get a kill or assist. in objective game modes i can just sit on the cart and heal my allies and murder my enemies and #PROTECTTHEFOREST

Papa Was A Video Toaster

food court bailiff posted:

#PROTECTTHEFOREST

I like a healer with a good catchphrase. Back when I played LoL I mained Taric "Gems are truly outrageous". I'm gonna see if I can still log into that LoL account.

Edit: Looks like it got deactivated in 2011. Thanks Gmail.

Papa Was A Video Toaster fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jul 3, 2018

Scaly Haylie

i played the, uh, star monk healer and managed to kill like 24 dudes in my first match. we won too.

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
opus magnum rules

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
I got ni no kuni 2 and it's an ok game that I'm enjoying.

----------------

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Somebody created an Epic Games account with my email and forgot what password they used because I got a bunch of "Unsuccessful Login Attempt" emails recently. So I password reset that thing, turned on 2-factor and now I have an Epic Games account. I think that's a really weird way to end up with an account for a game you don't play.

In actual video game news, I started playing Dead Rising 2: Off the Record again and it's still a lot of fun. Were 3 and 4 any good? My computer always ran DR3 like poo poo so I never played much of it. I can remember that the interface was different and the game didn't quite feel right to me when I played.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

Jolo posted:

Somebody created an Epic Games account with my email and forgot what password they used because I got a bunch of "Unsuccessful Login Attempt" emails recently. So I password reset that thing, turned on 2-factor and now I have an Epic Games account. I think that's a really weird way to end up with an account for a game you don't play.

In actual video game news, I started playing Dead Rising 2: Off the Record again and it's still a lot of fun. Were 3 and 4 any good? My computer always ran DR3 like poo poo so I never played much of it. I can remember that the interface was different and the game didn't quite feel right to me when I played.

Dr3 was fun as hell, the vehicles you could build were so overpowered but the game was always throwing zombies at you. The crafting (such as it is) is brilliant. Wound up with a huge Iron Man chest cannon thing and a lightsaber. Chop chop binch

FutonForensic

oh my god why did I buy so many D&D games. It's been like 20 hours and i'm only in act 4 of baldur's gate 1. I'm going to loving die

I'm also having fun playing A Hat in Time

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

FutonForensic posted:

oh my god why did I buy so many D&D games. It's been like 20 hours and i'm only in act 4 of baldur's gate 1. I'm going to loving die

I'm also having fun playing A Hat in Time
I've also tried a bunch of these. None of them seemed able to recreate the magic of Planescape: Torment.

Bobby Deluxe

icewind dale was the best one, not including neverwinter nights custom module maker

MockingQuantum

I like NWN2 after the colossally long first chapter

actually yknow what just play Mask of the Betrayer

thank you luvcow for the sig

FutonForensic

i'm gonna play all of em :twisted:

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Oh yeah well I'm gonna play none of them!

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo

fridge corn posted:

i would like to report to you all that im still playing mass effect andromeda and its still fun

Why did everyone in the gaming media hate it so much? I just remember that they made fun of the facial animations a lot on launch, but I never buy games until they hit the sale bins. I generally don't support EA on principle, but what I saw from Lets Plays looked pretty good.

Hmm.... it's not even available on Steam?

----------------

mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Cyberpunkey Monkey posted:

Why did everyone in the gaming media hate it so much? I just remember that they made fun of the facial animations a lot on launch, but I never buy games until they hit the sale bins. I generally don't support EA on principle, but what I saw from Lets Plays looked pretty good.

I liked it ok at first, but then I didn't like it as much later. Never hated it. It's not hate-able, unless you get real mad about not loving stuff, which is a whole ~thing~ with nerds specifically and people on the internet in general.

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

Scaly Haylie

i need a psychedelic-rear end game, quick

MockingQuantum

Lizard Wizard posted:

depending on the particular flavor of psychedelic you want, Hotline Miami, The Magic Circle, Panoramical, and Rez would all qualify

Scaly Haylie

MockingQuantum posted:

depending on the particular flavor of psychedelic you want, Hotline Miami, The Magic Circle, Panoramical, and Rez would all qualify

uhhhhh, not the money cost variety. emulatin's probably my game tonight

MockingQuantum

Lizard Wizard posted:

Earthbound gets pretty drat psychedelic

uhhh

beyond that I'll have to ponder. Plok, maybe?

Rockman Reserve

i don't think andromeda not being on steam has anything to do with anything but ea pushing origin

Bobby Deluxe

Cyberpunkey Monkey posted:

people expected a lot of it

it already had bad karma latched onto it from mass effect 3s ending, so everyone was primed to take the piss going in. then the facial and walking animations happened (which they have now mostly fixed so you have to go back and watch old youtube videos to see how terrifying and dead eyed they originally were).

i also think the game was far too loving padded and that pissed off a lot of completionists, which is what most of the fanbase are. if you want the good ending you have to do all the vaults and they are loving painful after the second or third one.

also ea, also microtransactions, also it was technically bioware but most of the original programmers had left to work on anthem so again, fans were primed to be wary

its actually ok and easily as fun as 3 if you pick it up cheap, probably get your money's worth if it's below $20

this has been my review of mass effect andromeda dont forget to click like and subscribe for new content every day

Bobby Deluxe

Lizard Wizard posted:

rez is good play rez

Scaly Haylie

Bobby Deluxe posted:

rez is good play rez

it's 25 dollars :smith:

Scaly Haylie

MockingQuantum posted:

Earthbound gets pretty drat psychedelic

uhhh

beyond that I'll have to ponder. Plok, maybe?

Earthbound is a good rear end suggestion but I've beaten it once already and helped my dad clear it some years ago, i don't think i can play it again. Plok is inspired but too hard.

Bobby Deluxe

Lizard Wizard posted:

it's 25 dollars :smith:
its also on ps2

E: and you said you were in an emulatin mood

blaise rascal

Did you play earthbound 2, or whatever the one with lucas is called?

mysterious frankie

Lizard Wizard posted:

Space Funeral?

----------------

mysterious frankie

Wait, sorry. Worded that as a question.

SPACE FUNERAL!

----------------

Scaly Haylie

Bobby Deluxe posted:

its also on ps2

E: and you said you were in an emulatin mood

i mean surely rez infinite is the definitive version though!

blaise rascal posted:

Did you play earthbound 2, or whatever the one with lucas is called?

mother 3 was so very good, yes

that's a few levels too ironic for me is the thing honestly.

Scaly Haylie

don't worry guys i've got three days off and weed, we'll find something

MockingQuantum

Lizard Wizard posted:

What systems? I know there's more SNES stuff that I can't remember that scratches the magic itch, but there's deffo a lot of weird and charming and strange stuff on genesis and NES as well

mysterious frankie

What about Lumines? They released one recently for basically every system under the sun, pc included, that's 19 smackers and has a little bit of everything from the the series. Not really psychedelic, per se, but might be what you're looking for.

----------------

Bobby Deluxe

Lizard Wizard posted:

og rez should very much be on your list then, it is so fuckin good high

blaise rascal

I'll assume you've played undertale

Scaly Haylie

mis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberpunkey Monkey

by Nyc_Tattoo
Psychonauts is a good psychedelic game.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

people expected a lot of it

it already had bad karma latched onto it from mass effect 3s ending, so everyone was primed to take the piss going in. then the facial and walking animations happened (which they have now mostly fixed so you have to go back and watch old youtube videos to see how terrifying and dead eyed they originally were).

i also think the game was far too loving padded and that pissed off a lot of completionists, which is what most of the fanbase are. if you want the good ending you have to do all the vaults and they are loving painful after the second or third one.

also ea, also microtransactions, also it was technically bioware but most of the original programmers had left to work on anthem so again, fans were primed to be wary

its actually ok and easily as fun as 3 if you pick it up cheap, probably get your money's worth if it's below $20

this has been my review of mass effect andromeda dont forget to click like and subscribe for new content every day

Completionists have serious mental problems.

I smashed that like button, homie.

----------------