Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Lets look at that incident again.

Some dumb gently caress assholes are blocking a dude from voting so Trudeau comes in and forcibly pulls him through so he can do his drat job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teqCY8cZGxc

Now, maybe he should have been a bit calmer but you aren't really thinking straight when angry.

The elbow was an unfortunate accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

enki42 posted:

That's true for maybe an older generation (like boomers). And for sure there's a lot of this attitude still hovering around. But a more recent (very positive change) has been going from "it's OK until they say no" to "it's not OK without an explicit yes". It doesn't excuse it, but 20 years ago most people wouldn't consider an rear end grab, grinding or that sort of thing particularly egregious, or even uncommon, in a party / club environment. It doesn't excuse the action today, it didn't excuse it then either, but I do think there has to be some nuance between paragon of virtue and unrepentant rapist who needs to resign immediately.

Yeah this is true. "No means no" was a big part of sex ed in the 90s but "lack of an explicit 'no' does not mean 'yes'" is more recent, at least as something with mainstream traction.

It's still one of those things where if people actually stopped to think about what they were doing they'd realize it was kind of hosed up but people are vary good at finding rationalizations to just do what they want anyway.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Vintersorg posted:

:lol:

INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION JUSTIN "THE HAIR" TRUDEAU JUST ELBOWED HER FROM ACROSS THE RING!!

BAW GAWD!! SOMEONE DO SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No you see it's okay to use your body to obstruct someone but not to move someone doing that.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Yeah this is true. "No means no" was a big part of sex ed in the 90s but "lack of an explicit 'no' does not mean 'yes'" is more recent, at least as something with mainstream traction.

I think men have a significant and under-appreciated role to play in helping shift the cultural expectations away from "women are expected to be reluctant unless they're sluts." Don't just go along with that. Ask for, and expect sexual partners to give, enthusiastic consent if they want to have sex.

This weird poo poo where women are expected to resist "just enough" but will then get pissed off at you for backing off entirely is toxic, it leads to misunderstandings on both sides, and we need to eliminate it and be able to have clear, honest conversations about sex and consent.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Vintersorg posted:

Lets look at that incident again.

Some dumb gently caress assholes are blocking a dude from voting so Trudeau comes in and forcibly pulls him through so he can do his drat job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teqCY8cZGxc

Now, maybe he should have been a bit calmer but you aren't really thinking straight when angry.

The elbow was an unfortunate accident.

Okay, I accept your version. "Forcibly" is the key word and the pattern between the HoC rampage and the kokanee grope. "But you aren't really thinking straight when angry" is horseshit, you don't ever excuse actions because of emotions, that's just like saying "cause I felt like it". So 45 year old sober Trudeau thinks it's appropriate to let himself get angry and forcibly pull another MP, what's 29 year old 5 beers Trudeau doing? I'm just saying, my money would be on inappropriate if I had to bet.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Postess with the Mostest posted:

Because that's the default male behaviour.

What the gently caress?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Tbh I would enjoy a version of legislature that had significantly more pushing in the House

Everyone just get in the middle and push each other until electoral reforms pops out and we go with 'dictatorship'

If we elect a dog president-for-life at least we will never have these kinds of problems at the top

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

infernal machines posted:

What the gently caress?

Nice male aggression, patriarch.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Duggler posted:

Tbh I would enjoy a version of legislature that had significantly more pushing in the House

Everyone just get in the middle and push each other until electoral reforms pops out and we go with 'dictatorship'

If we elect a dog president-for-life at least we will never have these kinds of problems at the top

Ukraine is where you want to look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emKIIv2_cNI

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

lol if that classifies as a rampage

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
The kokanee handshake

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Stop spouting CPC talking points.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Helsing posted:

The kokanee handshake

The closed door meeting between and Trump and Trudeau was them exchanging stories of their favourite pussy grabs

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Trudeau elbow is a catastrophe. He should have gone for a strangle, I mean come on Justin. Chretien already settled this years ago.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

infernal machines posted:

What the gently caress?

Sorry, I didn't mean default behaviour in first world western society in 2018, I meant default minus modern society, like if you look at thousands of years of human history pre-let's say 1980 or other primates. Outside of our complex society, things will tend towards simple and physical force is a lot simpler than what we're blessed with now. I don't think I'm that out of line saying that violence is the default human way of problem solving.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

m-a-l-e that spells human

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

flakeloaf posted:

I didn't do it but if I did do it then I'm sorry for how you feel about it.

Its just like when someone says some horribly racist poo poo and says "Im sorry if you were offended"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
#SorryNotSorry

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jul 6, 2018

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf

The Duggler posted:

Until the dog starts humping everything

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

NZAmoeba posted:

Until the dog starts humping everything

Still a vast improvement.

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Im a pretty big critic of Trudeau but the whole #elbowgate thing is ridiculous. He just tried to walk through a crowd that was blocking proceeding and while turning around nudged someone with his arm. It was far from deliberate and it was without malice or any real force. I can't believe that became a big story. Would they have given the same reaction if you bumped into someone in a hallway when you both to the same side?

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah, elbowgate is completely stupid.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Justin Trudeau: When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force, my friends, is violence. The supreme authority from which all other authorities are derived.

Ruth Ellen Bruseau: My mother always told me that violence doesn't solve anything.

Justin Trudeau: Really? I wonder what the city founders of Hiroshima would have to say about that

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Helsing posted:

Justin Trudeau: When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force, my friends, is violence. The supreme authority from which all other authorities are derived.

Ruth Ellen Bruseau: My mother always told me that violence doesn't solve anything.

Justin Trudeau: Really? I wonder what the city founders of Hiroshima would have to say about that

Postmedia headline for a two page op-ed by Christie Blatchford: Misogynist PM Savagely Destroys Another Woman. When Will It End?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Helsing posted:

They probably wouldn't have said anything. Hiroshima was destroyed.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Remember the outrage from conservatives when the Mayor of Toronto charged through a Councillor (an elderly woman, no less) to get to a fight his brother and fellow council member (now Premier) had picked with members of the gallery?

No? Yeah, me neither.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB1dJeMtb08

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

zapplez posted:

Im a pretty big critic of Trudeau but the whole #elbowgate thing is ridiculous. He just tried to walk through a crowd that was blocking proceeding and while turning around nudged someone with his arm. It was far from deliberate and it was without malice or any real force. I can't believe that became a big story. Would they have given the same reaction if you bumped into someone in a hallway when you both to the same side?

He walked through a crowd to grab the opposition MP by the arm (without consent). He elbowed Brossard like 3 times, there's no way he didn't feel it the first time. Look how he opens his left elbow at 59s to push her out of the way, it's not an accidental nudge. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJjExPD6_G4&t=56s

I guess there was no real force or malice when Trudeau grabbed the reporter's butt either, he even said he recalls it being a positive interaction for all involved boys will be boys right

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Postess with the Mostest posted:

He walked through a crowd to grab the opposition MP by the arm (without consent). He elbowed Brossard like 3 times, there's no way he didn't feel it the first time. Look how he opens his left elbow at 59s to push her out of the way, it's not an accidental nudge. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJjExPD6_G4&t=56s

I guess there was no real force or malice when Trudeau grabbed the reporter's butt either, he even said he recalls it being a positive interaction for all involved boys will be boys right

Yeah I don't see what you see in that video at all.

Why were the NDP stalling the assisted dying bill anyways? I thought they would have been supportive of that.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

zapplez posted:

Yeah I don't see what you see in that video at all.

Why were the NDP stalling the assisted dying bill anyways? I thought they would have been supportive of that.

Right at 59 seconds, watch only his left elbow, it chicken wings out from his body to push her out of the way. And the NDP weren't stalling anything, Trudeau only thought they were.

quote:

But here’s the thing: it turns out Brown didn’t need to be in his seat for the vote to start. The Speaker’s office confirmed on Thursday morning that only one of the whips needs to sit to trigger voting. If Leslie had sat down, even a wall of NDP MPs six feet high wouldn’t have mattered.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
50 people dead in Quebec from the heat wave. I wonder how the federal government will get blamed for the weather.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)

Arcsquad12 posted:

They probably wouldn't have said anything. Hiroshima was destroyed.

"Goodness, what a nice place for a fishing village."

In Japanese.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I doubt anyone here would recognize civic virtue of it reached up and bit you in the rear end.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Arcsquad12 posted:

50 people dead in Quebec from the heat wave. I wonder how the federal government will get blamed for the weather.

Proves that Trudeau's action against global warming is a sham.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/CBCAlerts/status/1015286405235437569

Did anyone see the Conservative conspiracy theory that somehow a recent refugee is responsible for the bus crash and the PM was personally trying to cover this whole thing up to protect the Liberals immigration policies. Now it's shifted and hero RCMP officers are laying charges despite what the PM is telling them.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Doug Ford is going to put a stop to the provincial gravy train, just as soon as he signs a former PCPO leader to a $360,000 job as Minister of Making Hospitals Less Crowded.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

flakeloaf posted:

Doug Ford is going to put a stop to the provincial gravy train, just as soon as he signs a former PCPO leader to a $360,000 job as Minister of Making Hospitals Less Crowded.

When there's less nurses and doctors walking about in the hallway it'll be far less crowded

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

flakeloaf posted:

Wynne was paying him 518k (according to sunshine list). Nice to see Doug finding efficiencies so fast.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

this is still so funny

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Oops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Truck driver in the Broncos crash charged with 16 counts of dangerous driving causing death, 13 counts of dangerous driving causing injury.

On one hand, yeah, he did something wrong and people died. On the other, it shows the enormous liability truck drivers take on, and more should be done to make sure that they know how to drive, and are given the working conditions geared more towards safety.