Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Alan Smithee posted:

https://twitter.com/usminority/status/1014988925419638785

so this guy who started the walkaway hash and is supposedly gay, an astroturf or what
this guy looks like patrick bateman

https://arcdigital.media/pro-trump-russian-linked-twitter-accounts-are-posing-as-ex-democrats-in-new-astroturfed-movement-20359c1906d3

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 12:20 on Jul 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

fool_of_sound posted:

Yeah, my extremely respectability politics democrat parents have moved hard left over the past year. I imagine the effect is more pronounced in people with less firm worldviews.

this is escalating rapidly among decorumites as it's finally dawning on them that the SCOTUS and courts will not save us all, and Mueller isn't gonna do poo poo in time. Those were literally the last two "things can go back to normal" tent poles for the holdouts as they were surrounded by chuds baying for blood and a smoothbrained genocide leader boasting about raping people and mocking the disabled to cheers

the whole kiddie koncentration kamps thing probably radicalized a few as well

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Prester Jane posted:

I don't think they realize just how much the battery pack for that soldering iron weighs...

Going to need a hell of a drone to lift that rig off the ground.

Edit: Also that rig would throw the center of gravity of the drone way the gently caress off, and just LOL at the idea of figuring out a proper counterweight without either a shitload of trial-and-error or math well beyond what your average chud can perform.

*drone goes off balance and bystander gets stabbed in eye with red hot soldering iron*

Drudge headlines next day: "YET ANOTHER STABBING SPREE IN THE ISLAND OF GUN CONTROL"

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Epic High Five posted:

this is escalating rapidly among decorumites as it's finally dawning on them that the SCOTUS and courts will not save us all, and Mueller isn't gonna do poo poo in time. Those were literally the last two "things can go back to normal" tent poles for the holdouts as they were surrounded by chuds baying for blood and a smoothbrained genocide leader boasting about raping people and mocking the disabled to cheers

the whole kiddie koncentration kamps thing probably radicalized a few as well

My momma has fully embraced her roots and has gone straight from "Bernie is a good idea" to "GENERAL. STRIKE." :unsmith:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

a lot of people are gonna go straight back to 'everything is fine, america is fine' mode so fast once trump is out of office and replaced with someone just as lovely but quieter about it that it's gonna give us all whiplash just watching it happen

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Why does every Nazi oval office automatically have 3 thousand positive replies on every tweet. I've had (positive) interactions with actual twitter celebrities with more followers because their mentions don't get swamped like that even when they post "I love working at the abortion factory, aborting only conservative fetuses".

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Dmitri-9 posted:

Why does every Nazi oval office automatically have 3 thousand positive replies on every tweet. I've had (positive) interactions with actual twitter celebrities with more followers because their mentions don't get swamped like that even when they post "I love working at the abortion factory, aborting only conservative fetuses".

bots

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Business Gorillas posted:

My momma has fully embraced her roots and has gone straight from "Bernie is a good idea" to "GENERAL. STRIKE." :unsmith:

Tell your mum she will save the future :getin:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Business Gorillas posted:

downside: my dad's background in the military and contracting in the early 2000s precludes wanting to abolish ice for natsec reasons

Upside: he agrees that managers and CEOs are app worthless and that workers are more than capable of self organizing :getin:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Yeah that whole "shadowbanning" thing is just whenever Twitter gets yelled at to delete a wave of bots. They think it's some mass conspiracy when all of their positive feedback disappears overnight and their menshies are 5,000 people telling them to shut the gently caress up

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Brother Entropy posted:

a lot of people are gonna go straight back to 'everything is fine, america is fine' mode so fast once trump is out of office and replaced with someone just as lovely but quieter about it that it's gonna give us all whiplash just watching it happen
i have some, uh, "good" news

trump is gonna get a second term

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
oh this campaign is astroturfed to hell and back. patrick bateman from manhattan is a working-class hairdresser my rear end, unless he's a different guy from the other guy in manhattan with the same name who works for an ad agency:

from one of the executive's bios:

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

jet fuel can't melt trump balloons

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/DeoTasDevil/status/1015010026111557635

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i think i've spent about as much time looking at this as i want to, but kinda noteworthy that the campaign really picked up right at the turn of the month. it started in may -- i guess to make it look somewhat not-totally-fake -- and then the moment july rolled around it went ballistic. so bogus. midterms etc. etc. etc.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

walking away from liberalism into the embrace of fully automated luxury space communism, gay or not it doesn't really matter as long as it's communism

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i think i've spent about as much time looking at this as i want to, but kinda noteworthy that the campaign really picked up right at the turn of the month. it started in may -- i guess to make it look somewhat not-totally-fake -- and then the moment july rolled around it went ballistic. so bogus. midterms etc. etc. etc.

this is RE: the #WalkAway thing? or did another thing kick off that I missed?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SpaceGoku posted:

walking away from liberalism into the embrace of fully automated luxury space communism, gay or not it doesn't really matter as long as it's communism

this: https://www.redbubble.com/people/du...grid&style=tank

plus piss tape hat are my next protest/DSA meeting big mood uni

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Crain posted:

this is RE: the #WalkAway thing? or did another thing kick off that I missed?
yeah #WalkAway

i mean the guy could be a hairdresser and is a pretty face but he has ties to ad agencies:

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 14:56 on Jul 6, 2018

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/_CEEFAX_/status/1015227242065080326

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

yeah #WalkAway

i mean the guy could be a hairdresser and is a pretty face but he has ties to ad agencies:

white gay men already have astonishing levels of chud so they may actually gain some traction without actually making any difference

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

white gay men already have astonishing levels of chud so they may actually gain some traction without actually making any difference
so here's my theory. it is getting more developed.

this right-wing ad agency dude's hairdresser (probably) was spouting off about MAGA bullshit and was losing his friends. one day during a trim, they get the bright idea to have cocktail parties -- as gay men tend to do -- with other white gay male conservative pricks in manhattan. then they're sitting around and, over cocktails, come up with a plan to astroturf a campaign with this dude's ad agency involved and the hairdresser as the pretty face. they do all the SEO stuff and bot creation, then start blasting out emails to right-wing media timed for early july.

bing bong boom and there it is

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
lauren southern and molyneux has cancelled their NZ trip after no venue would take them and spencer was refused entry into europe again

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

lol it owns that these people fetishize Europe so bad but aren't allowed in

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

oh this campaign is astroturfed to hell and back. patrick bateman from manhattan is a working-class hairdresser my rear end, unless he's a different guy from the other guy in manhattan with the same name who works for an ad agency:

from one of the executive's bios:

"i'm not actually gay or even republican this is just an acting gig"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg7qtUJrLCw

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Nikita Khrushchev posted:

Secure borders work.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

You ain't hardcore 'cause you spike your tail
When a jock still lives inside your head
Nazi furs
Nazi furs
Nazi furs, gently caress off!

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

social media "entrepreneurs" get the guillotine first

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Nikita Khrushchev posted:

countdown til lauren southern tries to smuggle her way into europe via north africa and drowns because she sabotages their boat

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Dmitri-9 posted:

Bots, op

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Brother Entropy posted:

I don't know. When the GOP stuffed courts rule that the president is above the law and his pardon extends to himself and state charges. And he wins reelection after two years of either Democrat inaction or a failed blue wave against whatever wall street lib manages to survive the all out ratfuck civil war that the 2020 primary will be, a lot of brains are going to break. There is no going back.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

this country is absolutely hosed lol, 5-10 more years max

pull out ur 401ks and buy supplies and guns/ammo with it

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Nihilism or Nazism make your choice.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Alan Smithee posted:

countdown til lauren southern tries to smuggle her way into europe via north africa and is sold into slavery

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I love when the nothing matters crew comes in to start jerking off all over a thread

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Mormon Star Wars posted:

They are one subgroup of Evangelical denominations, and their family still isn't the majority. You are the J.D. Vance of posting about American Christianity.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

fool_of_sound posted:

I love when the nothing matters crew comes in to start jerking off all over a thread

i have seen the future, and it is a courtyard full of spindly channers running a struggle session against the Chapo boys, led by Milo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

jack is def a nazi

https://twitter.com/nathanTbernard/status/1015256146897195009

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1015268908310331397

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Epic High Five posted:

this country is absolutely hosed lol, 5-10 more years max

pull out ur 401ks and buy supplies and guns/ammo with it

We had a full-on civil war with half the country seceding, including naval battles and whole cities being burned to the ground, and we basically returned to normal after a few years except for the South being really bitter.