Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Countblanc posted:

He did answer the person's question at least, presumably honestly

A commendable attitude from the shilling brand account that had a loving hashtag on the username, indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emy
Apr 21, 2009

Terrible Opinions posted:

Was he the guy who threatened to sue Purple for giving him a bad review, or was that a different retroclone?

That was Middenarde.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Middenarde bought some ads on these forums recently and I can't help but wonder why

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Nobody's favorite serial harasser also just recently posted a shoutout to our forum.

Maybe the Alt-OSR is tired of talking to the same fifteen people.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

There was an F&F of it a while back, that might have something to do with it.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Midden nards guy requested purple to do a new f&f of his book and coincidentally bought an ad during that time frame.

Of course purple's review was just as negative, if not more so, than the first time because he edited out most of the unintentionally hilarious stuff without fixing the problems.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
This is the first time I've ever been nominated for an ENnie (two nominations for Best argument and person of the year w/#elfgamerpg). However, it has begun to raise my sales profile. Sales on DriveThruRPG have been sorta nuts since the announcement.

James Raggi and others have said nominations and awards promote an uptick to sales.

-hppleff (that's right you fuckers i was a shill the whole time)

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Kurieg posted:

Midden nards guy requested purple to do a new f&f of his book and coincidentally bought an ad during that time frame.

Of course purple's review was just as negative, if not more so, than the first time because he edited out most of the unintentionally hilarious stuff without fixing the problems.

So no more dick shoes and bird-based labor forces? Why even bother...

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

moths posted:

Nobody's favorite serial harasser also just recently posted a shoutout to our forum.

The rounds on Twitter did lead me to a shocking discovery about him - I thought he was much younger than he was. He's older than I am (which obviously means we need to start preparing the mummification rites).

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

We can give him the full Imhotep treatment if we don't want to wait for him to die.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Terrible Opinions posted:

Was he the guy who threatened to sue Purple for giving him a bad review, or was that a different retroclone?

I dunno but he's the guy that signed his loving post lol

-d.i.c.k.s.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

moths posted:

Guaranteed it's a naked attempt to drum up support for his book that just got nominated.

Controversy is what Bad Haircut Man does to hock his wares. Every time. It's a common tactic and it's usually best to just ignore whatever poo poo he's trying to stir up.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

moths posted:

you realise that 14 of the same fifteen people are all Zak not zak just someone posting on a weird name that he was living with at the time

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Jessica Price (Paizo whistleblower) just got fired from ArenaNet for telling a streamer to eat poo poo

https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/6/17541318/guild-wars-arenanet-jessica-price-peter-fries-fired-reddit

They are now getting death threats, etc for not pandering to a streamer. Lol

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Awards do see upticks for sales, especially in small industries like RPGs, but yea I wouldn't be shocked if lines like 7th Sea or the Evil Hat products just went 'yea gently caress it' this year about submitting because we all know how this ends.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

alg posted:

Jessica Price (Paizo whistleblower) just got fired from ArenaNet for telling a streamer to eat poo poo

https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/6/17541318/guild-wars-arenanet-jessica-price-peter-fries-fired-reddit

They are now getting death threats, etc for not pandering to a streamer. Lol

And there is much celebration on Reddit crowing about how they run ArenaNet now, because ArenaNet gave in to the terrorists.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

That makes me angrier than I thought it would.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Dawgstar posted:

And there is much celebration on Reddit crowing about how they run ArenaNet now, because ArenaNet gave in to the terrorists.

They're not exactly wrong, either. ArenaNet has definitely proven it is more than willing to cave over a bunch of assholes yelling at women online.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Mors Rattus posted:

No, no, no, we are civilized savages and therefore it behooves us to make the offer.

So okay, rando, tell us why Hashtag Zweihander Are Pee Gee is good and worthwhile and unique, and why it being in the running for an Ennie isn't a badge of horrible shame, using specific references to setting and mechanics.

Or is it just a clone of a game I already own?

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying 2nd is a great game. Not sure who wants a knock off with way lower production values, but at least a 4th edition is soon of the real one.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

If I remember correctly, Zweihander is a clone of WarhamsRPG 1e, not 2e.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplaying 2nd is a great game. Not sure who wants a knock off with way lower production values, but at least a 4th edition is soon of the real one.

Also can't you just buy pdfs of WFRP2E anyway? Yep, just checked, looks like you can.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I included the word unique, though

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Kai Tave posted:

Also can't you just buy pdfs of WFRP2E anyway?

There was a long period when you couldn't because the licensing was a mess.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
if we're signing posts can we also bring back userbars

Serf
May 5, 2011

zweihander is just shadow of the demon lord but poorly made

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I forget how good the coverage was for WFRP when Zweihander was kickstarted but Cubicle7 released everything WFRP 1E/2E right after Zweihander was released, giving you no reason to really use it. It was really just an excuse to reprint 1E with the serial numbers filed off and Lizardmen for the first time. It's honestly pretty shameless in terms of how much original content is in it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

if we're signing posts can we also bring back userbars

Looks good to me

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
And you could get the whole WFRP2e product line for like $20 just a while ago.

I have physical copies of most of it, but still.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Kurieg posted:

Yup, Patreon is a more reliable revenue stream than advertisements and also exists as a means of interaction that has largely replaced Forums. Which is why the whole thing with the banks cutting down on "Smut" has hurt several of these creators tangentially because occasionally they post cheesecake or what have you.

That bit irritates me. If people wanna draw smut, and it's not something patently obscene like kids or whatnot, more power to them. The whole 'no paypal for sex' thing is supposed to be about preventing trafficking, and drawn art has nothing to do with that.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Hell, Avas Demon apparently gets away with posting drawn smut of children even. It's really only certain tiers of user that seem to get targeted. Patreon is a little more unwilling to kill their whales.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Patreon seems to be totally fine with smut, provided only your patrons get to see it and there's little or no mention of it on your public section. And not in a "we'll look the other way as long as you're not reported" kind of way either.

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord

Reene posted:

Hell, Avas Demon apparently gets away with posting drawn smut of children even. It's really only certain tiers of user that seem to get targeted. Patreon is a little more unwilling to kill their whales.

My understanding is that it was smut of adult versions of characters who are children at the current point in the comic's timeline? I've only heard about it secondhand from other folks, though.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

It's the exact same characters with the exact same very young childlike bodies but with "they're 18 in this one, we promise wink" tacked on.

Then the creator offered a bounty to doxx some people and I stopped reading the comic in disgust.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

senrath posted:

Patreon seems to be totally fine with smut, provided only your patrons get to see it and there's little or no mention of it on your public section. And not in a "we'll look the other way as long as you're not reported" kind of way either.

Yeah, the way I've seen one creator get around it now is "Anything patreon objects to I am required to make patrons only. Feel free to repost/tweet/whatever you want. I'm also posting it on my DA account."

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Kurieg posted:

Yeah, the way I've seen one creator get around it now is "Anything patreon objects to I am required to make patrons only. Feel free to repost/tweet/whatever you want. I'm also posting it on my DA account."

One artist I know of basically went 'okay, so, anything horny I draw is going on a locked tumblr and patrons at the sexy arts level will get a password to the tumblr each month.'

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Dawgstar posted:

https://twitter.com/HazelMonforton/status/1015610099702943745

oh my god ArenaNet you incredible loving assholes it's spreading gently caress you

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Of course it's spreading. That kind of rear end in a top hat is like a GBSer with a catchphrase; it's going to get everywhere before this is done.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!
Alexander Macris (owner of Autarch, Milo, Inc, Escapist Magazine, writer of ACKS) allegedly threatened to sue RPGnet over defamation of character, so they added him and his RPG on a list of banned conversation topics.

Desiden
Mar 13, 2016

Mindless self indulgence is SRS BIZNS

Libertad! posted:

Alexander Macris (owner of Autarch, Milo, Inc, Escapist Magazine, writer of ACKS) allegedly threatened to sue RPGnet over defamation of character, so they added him and his RPG on a list of banned conversation topics.

Well, from this I learned that Milo is apparently so strapped for cash that he can't even afford the handful of employees he had left. So that's brightening my day at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
I don't really understand what the streamer did wrong that she decided to publicly drag him on Twitter, though? Like, as far as I can tell, she's mad that he replied to a Tweet she made on what she refers to as her "private" Twitter account (which is actually completely public). I can't find where he actually said anything even remotely offensive or impolite, but I may just suck at Twitter (I definitely suck at Twitter) and I may be missing something.

What am I missing?