Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is July 12th now the new best day to buy the battle pass? I've never bought one before

It's fairly random when they do patches, other than Tuesday-Thursday, nothing is for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is July 12th now the new best day to buy the battle pass? I've never bought one before

yes. Epic has said in recent postings that S5 will go live that day.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

AAB posted:

Rip retail row noms sign
and the tomato head
and the lonely lodge sign
and the motel sign
and the durr burger head
and whatever else happens

I welcome our overlords from inside the depths of tilted or whatever the gently caress is going on with that bunker door in wailing woods that is just..... there

Inb4 Our Lord Cthulu rips a hole in the sky to grace us with His countanance...

Also where exactly in WW is the hatch, and are the numbers from :lost: on it?

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Are there extra challenges or anything special if I complete every weekly challenge?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Love me some 50v50

https://youtu.be/tkI0q7Q55Q0

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

drat dude nice work! Are you using mouse and keyboard on PS4? You seem like you can build way too fast for just a DualShock.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Philthy posted:

50 vs 50 ... piles and piles of weapons as people all die.

Perfect, that worked. Thanks! What a poo poo show of a game type though. It's basically a coin flip to be on the winning side. Barely saw any action before the game was over.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

drat dude nice work! Are you using mouse and keyboard on PS4? You seem like you can build way too fast for just a DualShock.

Thanks! Yeah I use a mouse and keyboard..

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

el B posted:

What do you think? I'm really bad at this game so I was reading about it a bit thinking of switching over (PS4), but a lot of people were saying it feels weird to them.* I guess there is also something you can buy that tricks your console into thinking your mouse is a controller, but maybe that's cheating. Not saying I'm above that to go from horrible to mediocre, but just saying.

*I have never felt older than when reading posts by people saying how they've never played a shooter with a keyboard and mouse and that the control scheme is unnatural. :corsair:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Perfect, that worked. Thanks! What a poo poo show of a game type though. It's basically a coin flip to be on the winning side. Barely saw any action before the game was over.

Eh, it's been fairly close for a lot of my games unless a team has a ringer. Those dudes usually stick with solo or duo tho.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Seditiar posted:

Finished my first stat in StW. Now if only I'd get my last Offense legendary survivor, I'd have that maxed as well as Tech.
Hats off to you! That must have been a shitload of rain to level them all. Mine are at 2 star and I'm still not done unlocking the last slot in each tree. Finally getting into Twine soon, though.

Survivors leads are trolling me.
I have mythic leads for every category... and the only one that shares a personality is the ONLY personality that I don't have loads of dudes for.
Every other personality I have 20+ lego survivors. This one? I'm 2 short of being able to make a full set in both.
So either I need 2 more in that flavour, or a new lead for them (of course I keep getting the same two).

Let us recruit survivors ffs Epic.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

If you have twitch prime there are some skins for BR you can claim.

I had to do a bunch of account rejiggering to claim them on Switch because gently caress Sony, but it did eventually take.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

DarkDobe posted:

Hats off to you! That must have been a shitload of rain to level them all. Mine are at 2 star and I'm still not done unlocking the last slot in each tree. Finally getting into Twine soon, though.

Survivors leads are trolling me.
I have mythic leads for every category... and the only one that shares a personality is the ONLY personality that I don't have loads of dudes for.
Every other personality I have 20+ lego survivors. This one? I'm 2 short of being able to make a full set in both.
So either I need 2 more in that flavour, or a new lead for them (of course I keep getting the same two).

Let us recruit survivors ffs Epic.

Survivor xp is way worse to get, my Survivors have always been insta evolved, but I lack the xp to level them beyond just evolving. X4 rewards definitely help with that though. :v:

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Finally got my trap kill, actually managed to take out both members of a duo with the same trap. The problem is apparently it didn’t loving count so I’m still sitting with it as my last challenge to finish :argh:

Captain Morose
Jun 20, 2005
Trap kill tip: play 50v50 and build a c shape wall enclosure with ramp, open to the enemy side, somewhere near the front line. Stick your trap to the wall (or floor) facing the underside of the ramp where they cant see it. They run in for cover and get spiked through the ramp. What's extra hilarious is that dead guy items keep piling up to act as additional bait. It works almost too well.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Captain Morose posted:

Trap kill tip: play 50v50 and build a c shape wall enclosure with ramp, open to the enemy side, somewhere near the front line. Stick your trap to the wall (or floor) facing the underside of the ramp where they cant see it. They run in for cover and get spiked through the ramp. What's extra hilarious is that dead guy items keep piling up to act as additional bait. It works almost too well.

On a similar note, I got my trap kill by sneaking into another guy's base, and building my own floor/trapping it and shooting the floor/ceiling out from under him until he fell on to me and the trap

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012
I got my trap kill by putting it over the entrance to a house while someone was up on the roof ransacking the place. This works extra well in Tilted.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

My trap kill was in 50v50 by finishing a dude with a trap. Most "Kill with X method" seems to be easier in 50v50 finishing people.

It have many failures because people rush to end your targets. But it also have many opportunities, because is relativelly easy to make many kills in 50v50.

I have not tried them, but all the methods mentioned above seems really good.

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

el B posted:

What, how?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Fortnite supports mouse and keyboard nativelly on PS4.

I have always a keyboard connected, and as soon I press a key, it change to keyboard control, when I press a button with the controller, change to controller mode.
The only thing missing is the mouse arrow on menus.

I have not played with this setup on Battle Royale. Is auto-aim disabled if you use mouse?

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Popero posted:

What do you think? I'm really bad at this game so I was reading about it a bit thinking of switching over (PS4), but a lot of people were saying it feels weird to them.* I guess there is also something you can buy that tricks your console into thinking your mouse is a controller, but maybe that's cheating. Not saying I'm above that to go from horrible to mediocre, but just saying.

*I have never felt older than when reading posts by people saying how they've never played a shooter with a keyboard and mouse and that the control scheme is unnatural. :corsair:

A XIM is an adapter that you plug a kbm and controller into that makes the console think you’re using a controller.

Tei posted:

Fortnite supports mouse and keyboard nativelly on PS4.

I have always a keyboard connected, and as soon I press a key, it change to keyboard control, when I press a button with the controller, change to controller mode.
The only thing missing is the mouse arrow on menus.

I have not played with this setup on Battle Royale. Is auto-aim disabled if you use mouse?

Mouse arrow got patched in maybe 2 months ago. Yes, auto aim is disabled, unless you’re using the XIM, obviously.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Not sure if this got posted already but I was pleasantly surprised to find that you can get the explosive damage challenge by exploding yourself. With enough shields and medkits you might even be able to do it in one match.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

prom candy posted:

Not sure if this got posted already but I was pleasantly surprised to find that you can get the explosive damage challenge by exploding yourself. With enough shields and medkits you might even be able to do it in one match.

nice

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I had to do a bunch of account rejiggering to claim them on Switch because gently caress Sony, but it did eventually take.

Nice! Thanks for this. Easy peasy.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

prom candy posted:

Omg

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me to do this. Is the new skin hip?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Johnny Truant posted:

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me to do this. Is the new skin hip?
It's fine. I like the pickaxe/dance way better. I think you can only get it till July 11. Next season starts July 12 so hope they bring another Twitch Prime pack as soon season 5 starts.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Fritzler posted:

It's fine. I like the pickaxe/dance way better. I think you can only get it till July 11. Next season starts July 12 so hope they bring another Twitch Prime pack as soon season 5 starts.

Cool! Yeah I got the last Prime deal solely for the dance.

Do you play PS4/PC? If so we should be friends!

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

prom candy posted:

Stick yourself, run into a group of enemies in a 50v50.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Johnny Truant posted:

Cool! Yeah I got the last Prime deal solely for the dance.

Do you play PS4/PC? If so we should be friends!
Nope, Switch. I'm locked out of playing with you.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Fritzler posted:

Nope, Switch. I'm locked out of playing with you.

But not me!!! I play on Switch too, One_T_Matt

Also, the new skin is OK, but the new dance is pretty cool, I like the music

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Also, do your traps still work/count towards your kills after you're dead but spectating?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Also, do your traps still work/count towards your kills after you're dead but spectating?

yes as long as you're still spectating you should get credit for it

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Coolness Averted posted:

yes as long as you're still spectating you should get credit for it

I’m pretty sure you don’t for a challenge.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Really? That's annoying, I know my traps have stayed up and I've gotten kill credit on the replay for it.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

The leave/achievement mechanic could probably be done better. For example, you don't get credit if quitting out, probably to discourage that kind of behavior, but it's trivial to just build up 10 stairs and plummet to your death.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

But not me!!! I play on Switch too, One_T_Matt

Also, the new skin is OK, but the new dance is pretty cool, I like the music
Agreed on that emote. Love the dance/music. I'll add you when I get home tonight. Bummed I can't play with Johnny Truant though. That PS4 lock out is so aggravating.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Popero posted:

Edit: at first I made the assumption you were talking about switching from pc to ps4 in hopes of finding a more forgiving playerbase, skill wise...

Not sure what you're asking... I have been using a xim for about two and half years, and I love it. I don't want to make a big investment into a gaming pc, and all my friends are on console. As was mentioned, Fortnite has native support for k/m on PS4. I haven't tried a direct input because Sony only put 2 USB PORTS ON THEIR CONSOLE :argh: and I need one dedicated to my wireless headset.

The problem with controller input is that you have to cycle through weapons using L1 and R1. I find that annoying and often get flustered. I can't tell you how many times I try handing an enemy a medkit rather than a shotgun blast.

Direct k/m input is preferable, I would imagine. But I can't speak to the "weird feeling" it gives on console. Xim isn't perfect and it takes time to adjust your play style. I highly recommend them if you simply cannot use a controller.

And lol at people who feel like xims are cheating, and then spend hundreds of dollars for a controller with paddles and 3inch analog sticks.

el B fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jul 6, 2018

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

el B posted:

Not sure what you're asking... I have been using a xim for about two and half years, and I love it. I don't want to make a big investment into a gaming pc, and all my friends are on console. As was mentioned, Fortnite has native support for k/m on PS4. I haven't tried a direct input because Sony only put 2 USB PORTS ON THEIR CONSOLE :argh: and I need one dedicated to my wireless headset.

Couldn't you just buy a USB hub for :10bux:?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

el B posted:

And lol at people who feel like xims are cheating, and then spend hundreds of dollars for a controller with paddles and 3inch analog sticks.

It's kind of a moot point in this game since it has native KB+M support.