Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I'm glad I work a job with a good union.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Snooze Cruise posted:

Its going to be very hard for me to run for president when everyone sees what i posted on SA when I was 18-22

also being a transwoman isn't going to help

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

cheetah7071 posted:

well then maybe my real takeaway is I'm glad I'm not on social media then

Twitter: not even once.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I've never had a job in my life that wouldn't have fired me instantly for blowing up at a customer like that, on company time or otherwise.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

cheetah7071 posted:

My real takeaway from all this is I'm super glad I work at a university instead of a corporation

:yeah:

cheetah7071 posted:

well then maybe my real takeaway is I'm glad I'm not on social media then

:yeah:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

yeah also I don't really want to make it seem like my company is some great angel of labor practices or anything considering the company I work for recently went all the way to the goddamn Supreme Court just to make sure they were allowed to make us sign a contract that prohibited collective arbitration so y'know

still a corporate hellscape

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Snooze Cruise posted:

Its going to be very hard for me to run for president when everyone sees what i posted on SA when I was 18-22

Personally I write in vote for whichever goon made the best post during the presidential campaign every four years

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Hilary Clinton could of been the first gamer president smh

al-azad
May 28, 2009

In Training posted:

Big fan of the fake PSX adventure game they put in Danganronpa 2. I've always pined for psx aesthetic indie treasures. I'm hoping we get a revival of that look in the next decade

It's a fun homage to Twilight Syndrome, a series of PS1 horror games (some directed by Suda51) by Clock Tower devs which spun off into another company Spike then merged with Chunsoft. The PS1 low-poly with pixel art texture styles is definitely becoming a thing as goobers like me who think Mega Man Legends is the best aesthetic are making games. Check out Signalis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP5bjLgeJdw

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
glad I work at The Jerk Store. they love this sort of thing, hell its our business

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

an actual dog posted:

idk what's so wrong at telling someone who annoys you to gently caress off, more people should do it imo

I was setting yall up but no one took this opportunity I'm kinda disappointed.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
If you work at the dicksucking factory like me they actually give you a commission every time you tell some jerk to suck a fat one.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

There could be a picture of you kicking a cat, eating a baby, standing on an immigrant toddler, with a cross shoved up your rear end, pissing on a paraplegic veteran and in a post-2016 world you would still have a good chance of winning.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

MMF Freeway posted:

glad I work at The Jerk Store. they love this sort of thing, hell its our business
the jerk store called, they're running out of you

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dr Cheeto posted:

If you work at the dicksucking factory like me they actually give you a commission every time you tell some jerk to suck a fat one.

That shows you're management material.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
People keep saying that dude's response was perfectly fine and respectful (which I'm not arguing it wasn't) and she reacted way too aggressively to it. But the thing is I'm sure she's had dudes come into her mentions all the time and try to have some kind of "discourse" with her and that poo poo can probably get really irritating after a while and she probably just finally blew up about it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

al-azad posted:

There could be a picture of you kicking a cat, eating a baby, standing on an immigrant toddler, with a cross shoved up your rear end, pissing on a paraplegic veteran and in a post-2016 world you would still have a good chance of winning.

yes but

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If you promise to use drones to kill every immigrant and abortion doctor I'm sure you could get republicans to vote for you anyways

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I glad I only really used Twitter to sign up for Four Job Fiesta.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Macaluso posted:

People keep saying that dude's response was perfectly fine and respectful (which I'm not arguing it wasn't) and she reacted way too aggressively to it. But the thing is I'm sure she's had dudes come into her mentions all the time and try to have some kind of "discourse" with her and that poo poo can probably get really irritating after a while and she probably just finally blew up about it.

yeah, i can't imagine this scenario happening to a man because a man wouldn't have had to endure years of having their literal job mansplained to them that leads up to that kind of frustration

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Firing talk just reminds me of one of KCB's old jobs, how she was laid off right before her yearly pay raise and so she wrote out some last notes where she quoted some person on youtube.

Turned out that the person she quoted was themselves quoting another person, a serial killer, and one of the coworkers recognized the source so they filed a complaint and a small investigation was launched to determine if KCB had any plans to shoot up her workplace. The end result was that she was barred from ever returning to the facility. A year or so later, she got a different job offer with a different company and everything was going fine until a week before the job date started when the company sent her info revealing they were the same company as before, just bought out and under a new name, and then a few days after that KCB got a notice that they were rescinding her job offer.

It was real lovely and annoying. I 'm glad she was able to find a good job working at a company that, so far at least, doesn't seem too awful. Unfortunately there was an issue recently where the heads of the company gave a bonus to the particular site KCB works at so that everyone there could get a bonus in their paycheck, but the head of the site ended up keeping it all for himself so there are a lot of arguments going on atm about that and how to report this and figure out if they can even do anything about it because that's complete bullshit.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

don’t attach your real name to a twitter profile

It’s pretty much the same thing as having your SA name be your actual name

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Turned out that the person she quoted was themselves quoting another person, a serial killer
i'm sorry I really really don't want to lol but you aren't making this easy

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Also the guy she tweeted at wasn't just a total random, he's partnered with the company to promote the game. Not hard to imagine some marketing guy's head exploding about it

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

lets hang out posted:

Also the guy she tweeted at wasn't just a total random, he's partnered with the company to promote the game. Not hard to imagine some marketing guy's head exploding about it

That would be a perk tbh

Bill Buckner
Aug 14, 2005
If you can't help but be a giant loving rear end in a top hat, it may be a good idea to post anonymously when getting lovely with your employer's customers.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Andrast posted:

It’s pretty much the same thing as having your SA name be your actual name

The username I used for the longest time on the internet (including SA) was Mr. in front of my last name and it turns out that was incredibly stupid for two very different reasons.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

lets hang out posted:

lol he was mostly a random, no one would have noticed if it wasn't for the poo poo people who were already monitoring her social media looking for a slip up

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Telling people to gently caress off on your personal account is good, imo. Expecting people to be Brand Ambassadors is hosed up.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

quote:

Price adds that she believes her firing was an emotional reaction on the part of ArenaNet co-founder Mike O’Brien. “He fired me personally, and the meeting was mostly him venting his feelings at me,” she says. “I understand being afraid when you see the Reddit mob coming for you, but if people with less power can weather it — and we do, regularly — so can he.”
Price says that prior to being fired, the company had never discussed her social media presence with her or issued a warning for anything she had posted. “If it was covered in orientation, I wouldn’t know. I got pulled out of orientation to jump into rebreaking the story arc for this season of Living World.” Furthermore, ArenaNet was not only aware of her outspoken approach to discussing similar issues on social media but encouraging of it. During a job interview with the company, she had told them she was “loud about these issues on social media and had no intention of shutting up. They reassured me that they ‘admired [my] willingness to speak truth to power.’”

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2018/7/6/17541318/guild-wars-arenanet-jessica-price-peter-fries-fired-reddit?__twitter_impression=true

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Macaluso posted:

She absolutely has. If you search her name on the most active GG subreddit you'll find poo poo going back two years.

Bill Buckner
Aug 14, 2005

Dr Cheeto posted:

Telling people to gently caress off on your personal account is good, imo. Expecting people to be Brand Ambassadors is hosed up.

When you think about it, firing someone is the ultimate form of telling them to gently caress off on twitter.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Bill Buckner posted:

When you think about it, firing someone is the ultimate form of telling them to gently caress off on twitter.

you suck a lot

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah imo this entire thing gets pretty one-sided with the context that this is just poo poo she's been dealing with, forever

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

i'm sorry I really really don't want to lol but you aren't making this easy

I know right??

Seriously. It was some kinda form of "I'll see you again later" that was very specifically quoted from some murderer's last words before execution, then that got quoted by someone on youtube whose vids she watched without sourcing the quote so she thought it was just something they said, and then the workplace was all "oh poo poo this person's gonna kill us maybe" like god drat. They were all "what did you mean when you said you'd see them again later, what did that mean" and KCB had to explain that she figured she'd see them once she got hired back from being laid off.

I think they were mainly looking for excuses to fire people after the layoffs but before the yearly raise though so that they wouldn't have to hire them back at a higher wage. One of her coworkers was let go for supposedly sexually assaulting his coworkers, but the sexual assault in question was him being openly gay and some straight guys feeling uncomfortable with the existence of gays.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Ah, so she was encouraged by the company to be outspoken and direct with the fans but she yelled at the wrong person and the president got super emotional about it. Yeah, typical workforce bullshit politics here.

It's like the Red Hen restaurant incident which really affected me because I live a town over. Goddamn supreme court upheld you can discriminate. Virginia as a state allows you to discriminate. Stay the gently caress out of my town because the discrimination which you support backfired on you.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Colonel posted:

yeah imo this entire thing gets pretty one-sided with the context that this is just poo poo she's been dealing with, forever

She should start killing imo

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Unionize or Die.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Unionize or Die.

:black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

For an out of this world egg salad, substitute half the normal mayo for emulsified avocado. Add Kalamata olives for saltiness and hot peppers for heat to your final mixture.

• Locked thread