Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

I said come in! posted:

Is this game really that good? I've never played it. How does it stack up to the SimCity series? SimCity 2000 holds a special place to my heart.

the first few hours feel a lot like Sim City, but ultimately, Skylines is actually a traffic simulator. if you aren't good at understanding how the game handles road priority, and after that building your city based around your roads rather than what you want to build, your city will either cap out or crumble as nobody is able to get anywhere, and goods aren't able to be transported.

sim city 3000 finally got a proper windows port on gog, though, so if you're looking for some classic sim city, i'd suggest you go with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Is this game really that good? I've never played it. How does it stack up to the SimCity series? SimCity 2000 holds a special place to my heart.
its good. its pretty much a direct response to the last awful simcity game that killed the series, going back to the older games and building up on those mechanics. probably closest to simcity 4 though. the biggest deviation is that, of course being from the cities in motion people, transportation is a huge focus and you have to be really mindful of how people are supposed to get around your city

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

chumbler posted:

Were the 2d asscreed games set in China and India any good? I like that the series takes interesting historical settings but can't be bothered with all the bloat on them, and maybe the non-main line ones are better about that?

They are competent but not amazing. Mark of the Ninja did 2d stealth better. The China one has a lovely painterly graphics style. I’ve neber bothered to finish any of them.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I beat Hollow Knight, got 107%, and now am sad it's over :(. Time to finally play REmake and play through RE 2 again. And probably all the other numbered RE's besides 7 since I just played it and including CVX.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
doing the In Training Challenge, huh

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

I said come in! posted:

It's made by the developer behind Cities in Motion so there is a big emphasis on transportation and road layout. Most games by newcomers end because of traffic logjams where garbage trucks can't do their jobs.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I said come in! posted:

It's absolutely wonderful and it's what that 2012 (13?) sim city should have been

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mr E posted:

I beat Hollow Knight, got 107%, and now am sad it's over :(. Time to finally play REmake and play through RE 2 again. And probably all the other numbered RE's besides 7 since I just played it and including CVX.

Enjoy, the only bad RE game is...Gaiden. Which you probably won't play

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I haven't played Remake, 3, and most of the spinoffs, but the only "spinoff" I'm gonna play is Code Veronica.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Mr E posted:

I haven't played Remake, 3, and most of the spinoffs, but the only "spinoff" I'm gonna play is Code Veronica.

No don't!!

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm gonna.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Hi goons, I spent no money during the Steam sale and it feels weird

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
OTOH i can remember wanting to scream at the driving agents in cities skyline because they don't know how to lane swap, so any driver who need to take a right turn, even if its at the very end of the route, will resolutely stick in the right hand lane for their entire journey.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

suuma posted:

Same. I was unemployed at the time. Now I have a job starting Monday.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
There's some stuff I wanted but not for $45 or whatever. I've also realized just how many unplayed games I own and that if I buy new stuff it'll sit unplayed. Self restraint owns

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Mr E posted:

I'm gonna.

play Umbrella Corps, you coward

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

suuma posted:

:same:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

suuma posted:

same. i have a price in mind for every game i want, and none of them went that low.

capcom i already paid full price for okami on the playstation, i think it's a great game but i'm not giving you more than like $7.50 for it

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I wish the next tales game wasn't a Vesperia remake.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

my steam sale purchase ended up being a full priced game because they decided to release it the day of the sale

(I also bought the HD port of Z because it was 69 cents and its a really good port!!)

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sad to admit I’m actually enjoying SAO: Fatal Bullet

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Hunt11 posted:

I wish the next tales game wasn't a Vesperia remake.

they're making a new tales game, vesperia is just an inbetween thing because it's an easy way for them to support the switch and it's a popular game that the west didn't get the expanded version of. they'll probably do this every other year to give fans something in between releases of new games

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

mutata posted:

So a bug in the system let people pull real player numbers from Steam's API. This shows the number of people who have ever launched all games that have achievements. This is the closest thing we'll probably ever have to a broad view of overall Steam sales numbers:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/07/steam-data-leak-reveals-precise-player-count-for-thousands-of-games/

There's a link to a csv file with the whole list. Go find your favorites and marvel at how little they've sold!

Edit: Link to the file: http://www.arstechnica.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/games_achievements_players_2018-07-01.csv

Those Wolfenstein sales... :smith:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Taintrunner posted:

Sad to admit I’m actually enjoying SAO: Fatal Bullet

Post your robot child.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i want them to either rerelease tales of graces f or tales of hearts r next because graces f is in my top 3 just for being a really fun game to play and i don't wanna dig out my ps3 to play it again, and hearts r is a decent tales game that's trapped on the vita

my top pick though would be innocence r, because then they might localize it and we could finally play a version of tales of innocence in english that doesn't have awful gameplay

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Samuringa posted:

play Umbrella Corps, you coward

I will not.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

oh also the other thing about playing Z in 2018 is that I realized that the clash royale type of strategy game is literally just Z with an extra army customization contrivance

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
My one Tale wish would be being able to do co-op online as I do want to one day experience what combat is like when you aren't dragging around 3 AI companions.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Mr E posted:

I will not.

What about Dino Crisis

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

What about Dino Crisis

I might play the first two cause they're cool and good yeah.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

homeless snail posted:

oh also the other thing about playing Z in 2018 is that I realized that the clash royale type of strategy game is literally just Z with an extra army customization contrivance

Wait, is Z that rts where everyone is a hillbilly robot

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

suuma posted:

I stayed away for the first time in a while, although I had been going to it less and less for some time. I got a decent sized number of games from the Twitch stuff and Humble Bundles and now have some built in anticipation that mid tier indie stuff will show up there soon.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

bloodychill posted:

Wait, is Z that rts where everyone is a hillbilly robot
yeah

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Ok I'll admit that until now i didn't know they made more than 2 Dino Crises

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

The third is very bad and not good.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

dino crisis 3 was an xbox exclusive about a dinosaur outbreak on a spaceship hundreds of years in the future

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

You Know, Dino Crisis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 8, 2006

Mr E posted:

The third is very bad and not good.

homeless snail posted:

dino crisis 3 was an xbox exclusive about a dinosaur outbreak on a spaceship hundreds of years in the future

I hate that these both appear to be true

• Locked thread