Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Pick posted:

honestly it's cool to have it at a place where the plot is moving foooorward.

honestly out of the 49 episodes (not as odd of a number once you take into account that the batch of shorts and the two half hour specials eat up 3 of the 52 episode slots), only like 15-ish of the eps could be considered "not moving the plot forward" (and even then some of them has stuff that comes up later), and that's honestly not a bad number considering they're not consecutive (though they are mostly in the first half, aka what's called "season 4")

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
i'm glad that my relentless criticism made the show great again

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
now where is jasper

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Kelp Plankton posted:

im glad greg was ready to take one for the team and seduce another giant lady, immediately. no hesitation. go get em mr universe

14 years is enough time to finally go for your wife/son's hot gianter sister.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Kelp Plankton posted:

im glad greg was ready to take one for the team and seduce another giant lady, immediately. no hesitation. go get em mr universe

I mean, it worked on Blue once before... kind of.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Greg is a goddamn american hero :911:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I honestly thought this episode was pretty rushed towards the end, but now that every other plot point has been cleared up they can FINALLY focus on the corruption story arc again! Centipeetle returns!

Jasper's return is imminent!

I wish Andy was there to see the fight. "What is that blue chick doing with my FRICKIN BARN!?"

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
That was amazing and I can't wait for whenever the gently caress the next one airs.

Also it's cool that The Diamond's don't have weapons because they don't need them. They attack in completely unique ways with their bare hands and energy beams.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jul 7, 2018

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

This is one of the greatest shows in the history of shows and I wish I had it when I was a kid.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Gruckles posted:

The best moment was actually Greg wanting to save the day by seducing Blue Diamond.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

14 years is enough time to finally go for your wife/son's hot gianter sister.

nine-gear crow posted:

I mean, it worked on Blue once before... kind of.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Greg is a goddamn american hero :911:

Milkfred E. Moore posted:

now where is jasper

:hai:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
friendship with jasper is over

now bismuth is my best friend

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Help me out here. Peridot was wear clogs, right? I assumed it was a clogs/clod joke.

I was also impressed that Lapis's real power was suffering.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Peridot's dress too.

Also what if psychic ghost IS Steven's version of being poofed. He seemed more like a ghost than anything.

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

McCracAttack posted:

Help me out here. Peridot was wear clogs, right? I assumed it was a clogs/clod joke.

I was also impressed that Lapis's real power was suffering.

lapis no sells the bucket of truthblue diamond

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!
I wonder if the writers of this episode are fans of One Piece because that Lapis' "I've felt worse" moment reminded me heavily of Usopp's "I'm already negative!" when facing Perona.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
It's nice that the White=A Fusion theory is pretty much done with since it's clear that there is some authority that Yellow is worried about.

Eox posted:

Great, now Homeworld has to update their iconography to White/Blue/Yellow/Steven
We!
Are there Diamond Royals!
We'll make you rue the day
And if you think we can't
We'll always find a way
That's why the people of his world
Be fear'n
Yellow
Blue
White
And Steven!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Bongo Bill posted:

Why did they decide to make this show so good?

Well it was that or make it bad, and Johnny Test already existed.

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005

T-man posted:

Peridot's dress too.

Also what if psychic ghost IS Steven's version of being poofed. He seemed more like a ghost than anything.

I think he was just knocked out and doing his dream powers harder than usual. Unless you consider being knocked out to be the human version of being poofed.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

How many goddamn moms and sisters does Steven need what the hell share some of that around.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

http://joethejohnston.tumblr.com/post/175625899178/glad-everyone-enjoyed-this-weeks-episodes

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

jassa posted:

I wonder if the writers of this episode are fans of One Piece because that Lapis' "I've felt worse" moment reminded me heavily of Usopp's "I'm already negative!" when facing Perona.

Given how much this show references anime all over the place I'm willing to bet it was an intentional bit.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

In a half-hour of surprises, none were bigger than the diamonds disavowing knowledge of what corruption was. I guess we're going to be throwing this on the still-not-appearing-in-this-show White, then?

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
With how much effort they put into reformed gems, I wonder what the rebuilt house is going to look like.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Madurai posted:

In a half-hour of surprises, none were bigger than the diamonds disavowing knowledge of what corruption was. I guess we're going to be throwing this on the still-not-appearing-in-this-show White, then?

I bet it’s that white is cracked and that ducked up the doom weapon

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

White Diamond will actually just be Frieza.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Rhonne posted:

White Diamond will actually just be Frieza.

Please let it be true. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-OhIgJAGOE

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Happy Underpants posted:

With how much effort they put into reformed gems, I wonder what the rebuilt house is going to look like.

I can tell you that.

It's going to have a bedroom for Greg. It's way past time. Greg living in his van is a relic of the time when he and the gems didn't get along (man, that seems like ages ago).

In retrospect, the real reason Greg lives in a van and hasn't at least rented a place probably comes down to "Greg doesn't want a house of his own; he wants to live with his son."

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Rand Brittain posted:

I can tell you that.

It's going to have a bedroom for Greg. It's way past time. Greg living in his van is a relic of the time when he and the gems didn't get along (man, that seems like ages ago).

In retrospect, the real reason Greg lives in a van and hasn't at least rented a place probably comes down to "Greg doesn't want a house of his own; he wants to live with his son."

Considering the house has taken significant amounts of damage in the past I won't be surprised if they just rebuild it as is.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Rand Brittain posted:

I can tell you that.

And the barn us under Yellow's elbow! Everyone will live together now!

Lion, Pumpkin and Cat Steven as wacky roomates episode.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

Why did they decide to make this show so good?

To make the scheduling that much more painful!

Non double-posting edit: So, Steven has these psychic dream powers, and as far as I remember nothing we've seen suggested that Rose/Pink had any powers like that? It's interesting that Steven has a unique diamond-scale power all of his own. It kind of makes me think of how Garnet's powers aren't just Ruby's+Sapphire's powers. Steven isn't a fusion, exactly, but he also sort of is? In some sense, he's the physical existence of Rose and Greg's relationship; he's different than just Rose reformed.

Tendales fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jul 7, 2018

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Ohtsam posted:

Considering the house has taken significant amounts of damage in the past I won't be surprised if they just rebuild it as is.

Hey, Bismuth said she'll fix it.

Anyway, just got around to watching, this was wonderful. All the good stuff's been said already. This sad gay show is too good for this world.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
So I haven't actually looked at the extended linked preview, but if the corruption was a failure from the Diamonds' actual attempt at mass genocide, maybe they'll just smile to themselves and say, "Let's pick up where we left off," and shatter Centipeetle. Blue, for all the sympathy she's being played up for, is still the Gem that wanted to destroy Ruby for fusing with Sapphire.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I straight up yelled YES irl when Lapis showed up. What an episode. Everyone came back like I said with the exception of Lars' crew, I really expected them to make a last minute appearance.

What a loving cruel place to put a cliffhanger, especially with that promo right after! The episode could be fuckin months from now!!

Lapis and Pearl are gonna reform with stars on them, calling it right now

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

We still don't know who sings escapism.

There have now been four other songs released since it was first premiered.

I don't know why this bugs me so much.

What's the deal with that song!? What does it mean!?!?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Remember when the spoiler image of Blue and Yellow Diamond standing around with the Crystal Gems was leaked and everyone immediately said that the show was ruined forever, would end terribly, and absolutely nothing could ever bring about this scenario in any way that could ever be acceptable?

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

T-man posted:

Peridot's dress too.

Yeah I figured that was Steven being "poofed" which is what made it so interesting.

Willing to bet this may be how he uncorrupts the other gems....

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

chitoryu12 posted:

Remember when the spoiler image of Blue and Yellow Diamond standing around with the Crystal Gems was leaked and everyone immediately said that the show was ruined forever, would end terribly, and absolutely nothing could ever bring about this scenario in any way that could ever be acceptable?

Wait is that the leak everyone was bitching about a bit back? I never looked up what that leak was cause I thought it was some series finale leak.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Greg trying to work his charm on the giant lady was the best part sorry.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
wait when did the diamonds say that they don't know about corruption? or is it in the preview, didn't watch that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

chitoryu12 posted:

I looked up that leak way after CN deleted it, and I could never figure out why people were freaking the gently caress out. It just seemed like, okay, so Blue and Yellow come to Earth and are kinda sorta on good terms with the CGs. Sounded like an interesting plot point to me. Let's see just how quickly things can go to hell, because you KNOW that peace ain't gonna last.

Shitenshi fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jul 7, 2018