Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I hope the evil spirit Hijack is killed by our hero Cody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
The Assassination of Slenderman Mario by the Coward Cody Jones

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

PetraCore posted:

I'd dispute it being the origin place because vampyre myths, even if you're requiring more similarity than just being blood drinking undead, are wider spread than that. Like, Southeastern Europe in general, not just specifically Transylvania. Czechslovakia was close enough to Romania that I don't think that was a mistake.

I just assumed it was a reference to some vampire story I didn't know about

e: also I wish Czechoslovakia was still around, simply because it's a really fun name to say

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jul 6, 2018

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
If Hijack is "killed" wouldn't he just inhabit a tool?

...like that sword/hook?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Cutting Hijack in two doesn't mean he has to bisect him. If he takes a tiny sliver off a finger that's still two distinct parts.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Podima posted:

If Hijack is "killed" wouldn't he just inhabit a tool?

...like that sword/hook?

Or Cody.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

This is kinda where I hope it goes. It's an opportunity for Cody to be a spectral which, given that he's aware of spirits, may be something he wants/needs.

It also follows dad's command.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Tollymain posted:

davey already said he used to be a spectral and i doubt hed feel a reason to lie in this situation

also somebody w a good pirate voice needs to do a proper reading of davey's lines lmao
Oh right I should have remembered that.

So yeah, Davy used to be a spectral and presumably still carries over some of those abilities such as farting colored gas, Cody isn't, Cody can't be a full vampire because he's not dead, but he could presumably have some supernatural abilities unlike those of a spectral, and because Cody's not a spectral that means Davy can be seen and interacted with by normies but also has the ability to go intangible at will.

Also Davy may or may not have had Cody before he was turned/killed because weird mannerisms doesn't really imply age with this cast of characters. I'm 50/50 on that. Him being a genuine pirate from the golden age of pirates would be great, but him being like, 50 years 'old' and just really liking pirates would be hilarious.

Did I miss anything here? Are people getting sick of me working things out by typing them up? This whole scene with Davy has just been implication dense enough I want to make sure I've got all this down for later foreshadowing.

EDIT: Oh and Davy seems to think he has a balance of power with the Witch who is almost certainly that mysterious character everyone's terrified of breaking out of Mayview.

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jul 7, 2018

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
If you got a hand cut off wouldn't you decide to get all pirate about it?

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I suspect Davey Jones is mostly not a spectral on the basis of a spectral being an ALIVE person with ghost powers and he's not alive. Not technically being alive doesn't take away the ghost powers though.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

reignonyourparade posted:

I suspect Davey Jones is mostly not a spectral on the basis of a spectral being an ALIVE person with ghost powers and he's not alive. Not technically being alive doesn't take away the ghost powers though.

alive person with ghost powers becomes a vampire

that's basically what seems to have happened here

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

PetraCore posted:

Also Davy may or may not have had Cody before he was turned/killed because weird mannerisms doesn't really imply age with this cast of characters.

Cody is absolutely half vampire pirate. The logistics don't matter. It's just if there was an option to make Cody Jones a half vampire pirate, do you really think Zach could let that pass?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

JuniperCake posted:

Cody is absolutely half vampire pirate. The logistics don't matter. It's just if there was an option to make Cody Jones a half vampire pirate, do you really think Zach could let that pass?
His mom's a ninja werewolf isn't she

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Patware posted:

alive person with ghost powers becomes a vampire

that's basically what seems to have happened here

What if all vampires have ghost powers. Or what if he was a ghost that became a vampire?

JuniperCake posted:

Is robot off the table yet?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

On the one hand the whole "pirates vs ninjas" meme is way past its expiration date, but on the other hand Mayview is remarkably lacking in ninjitsu given everything else.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
What? Basically the whole shtick of the Burger Child is that he's a walking anime of course he's our resident ninja of Mayview.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Let's not forget ninja bunnies

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, I was going to say, Nin (the ninja rabbit spirit) is her own ninja army.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

furious that i was wrong about the hook and that the bigfaced man doesn't seem to actually have a hand under it

also the sharp side changed sides when it turned into a sword. immersion completely ruined

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

furious that i was wrong about the hook and that the bigfaced man doesn't seem to actually have a hand under it

also the sharp side changed sides when it turned into a sword. immersion completely ruined
It was only sharp because he was squishing that side. Now he's squishing the other side.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Actually it looks like it changes mid-slash, the trail starts grey and ends white.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

with the power of his stand [The Twist] he had the sword scrunched up and twisted around, it's definitely not an accident

he can only twist things he's touching so at least there's some kind of limiter - unfortunately he is always going to be touching 'a building' or 'the earth'

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Patware posted:

with the power of his stand [The Twist] he had the sword scrunched up and twisted around, it's definitely not an accident

he can only twist things he's touching so at least there's some kind of limiter - unfortunately he is always going to be touching 'a building' or 'the earth'
At least nobody is going to turn into snails.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

You know, considering that his dad is a vampire, you'd think Cody would be in a good position to trigger as a spectral because of prolonged exposure to the supernatural.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Is Cody immune to Hijack, though?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Roland Jones posted:

Yeah, I was going to say, Nin (the ninja rabbit spirit) is her own ninja army.
It just occurred to me the whole rabbit and multiplying power connection.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

LupusAter posted:

Actually it looks like it changes mid-slash, the trail starts grey and ends white.

honestly i think that's because a big monocolour grey slab would look dumb

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

xcheopis posted:

Is Cody immune to Hijack, though?

Really depends on how "dead" Cody is considering he's the son of a vampire. And knowing this series the joke could be that Cody is only Half-dead so Hijack can only possess half his body or something like that.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Patware posted:

[ CHUBBY CHECKERS ]

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

It's possible Cody's immune to Hojack anyway because he's already under a compulsion from his dad.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I wonder how the compulsion interacts with Cody not being able to see Hijack to know if he actually did it.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Presumably Davy wouldn't have done it if he didn't think Cody could somehow fulfill it and know he fulfilled it. His whole shtick screams villainous vampire mob boss but it really, really seems like he wants to avoid loving up Cody, and an impossible to verify compulsion seems like it would gently caress you up pretty bad.

I just... have no idea how Cody's going to manage this. Move really fast while Hijack is disoriented?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you might need to wait for the next comic to find out

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
it will cut away to an entirely different scene for the next 6 months

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Podima posted:

it will cut away to an entirely different scene for the next 6 months

zacked again!

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

I've been rereading the comic and I just figured something out. Obviously the Cousinhood are monster hunters, but with the reference to 'dwindling prey' I'm going to go out on a limb and say they're hunting Davy. Possibly also/or the Witch Davy mentioned, but that first panel is a bit more vampire hunter than monster hunter, anyway.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
He said to cut him in two. He never said two evenly sized pieces so he could cut a small piece of a finger off and still technically fulfill the deal.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Speaking of rereading the comic... here's the Chapter 5 cover: http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5

The brain is Hijack, the red ball is Hitball, the bar is the School Store, the three teachers weren't taken over by Hijack but is probably controlled by the Vice Principal who's implied to be the Witch and has also used strings several times in the chapter.

Who's the black hand that has the orange aura? Dmitri?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, Dmitri's aura was orange back in the fight with Hijack while he was controlling Spender.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Jesus, this chapter started over 3 years ago!

I mean, I'm not complaining, there's been a lot of plot stuff crammed in that 3 and a half years, it'll just be funny if Chapter 6 is like, 50 pages, after this.