Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

That premise is actually extremely good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The premise is incredible and it's very Capcom to gently caress it up.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i got a few games in steam sale.

pan-pan: looked like monument valley i love that arty puzzle poo poo
kingsway: roguelike RPG by way of Windows 3.1 interface
way of the samurai 3: from what i understand this is the only good WOTS on steam
painscreek killings: I love walking simulators and also detective games
republique: was always interested in this style of game
aliens vs predator: slowly collecting all the rebellion shootys
soma spirits: cute looking indie rpg
SIN Episodes: it was the first time on sale in forever and i needed to own a piece of gaming history. also it came with the original sin game?? that wasn't advertised
azure striker gunvolt: that mega man zero spiritual descendant by the inti creates team. never knew it was on PC (and in 60fps now)

i also got

west of loathing: probably not as funny as reviews say but i bet it'll be fun
ape escape 2: for the first time it was actually cheaper to get a PS2 game through PSN than through amazon sellers/ebay
okage shadow king: can't wait to push a lot of crates around
unfinished swan: can't wait to finish the swan

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

homeless snail posted:

dino crisis 3 was an xbox exclusive about a dinosaur outbreak on a spaceship hundreds of years in the future
Remember when Capcom/Sega/Namco/etc would just make Xbox or GameCube exclusive games for no loving reason.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Remember when Capcom/Sega/Namco/etc would just make Xbox or GameCube exclusive games for no loving reason.

Excuse me Resident Evil 4 could only be TRULY experienced on a GameCube.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Mr E posted:

Excuse me Resident Evil 4 could only be TRULY experienced on a GameCube.
its true cause the ps2 port was rear end

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

homeless snail posted:

its true cause the ps2 port was rear end
It's fine

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i just finished the RE1 remake tonight. jill killed all the zombies forever the end

she also saved chris but hes dumb

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

It wasn't, but I'm glad they re-released a PC port and ported it to everything though with the Ada content.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Quest For Glory II posted:

way of the samurai 3: from what i understand this is the only good WOTS on steam

people like wots4 more than 3 afaik

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I liked West of Loathing, but it only took 2-3 hours to beat (since I didn't do all the sidequests) and that was probably a bit more than enough.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Colonel posted:

not everyone. a lot of mixed reviews some of which say 4 went over the top in trying to be zany

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chumbler posted:

Post your robot child.

I will never doxx my robot waifu slave to this cruel, unforgiving world of flesh

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Mr E posted:

It wasn't, but I'm glad they re-released a PC port and ported it to everything though with the Ada content.

It's too bad Capcom is Capcom and they can't be assed to re-do those 480p Ada cutscenes.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

not everyone. a lot of mixed reviews some of which say 4 went over the top in trying to be zany
it is very zany, but 3 is just boring

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

GUI posted:

It's too bad Capcom is Capcom and they can't be assed to re-do those 480p Ada cutscenes.

tbf separate ways is a lot worse than the base game

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I got nex machina and everspace in the steam sale but i've only played nex machina so far and it seems fine but nuclear throne is definitely better, i'll let you know what i think about everspace

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

My brain broke a couple of days ago and I've been getting this constant urge to plug my PS3 back in to replay Lollipop Chainsaw.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

GUI posted:

My brain broke a couple of days ago and I've been getting this constant urge to plug my PS3 back in to replay Lollipop Chainsaw.

once in a while i feel that about killer is dead, let it pass and remember killer7's on steam this fall

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

That kirb looks like a giant medicinal pellet.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mr E posted:

I haven't played Remake, 3, and most of the spinoffs, but the only "spinoff" I'm gonna play is Code Veronica.

re3 kicks rear end

The Colonel posted:

wots3 kicks rear end

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

azure striker gunvolt
Holy poo poo, they actually updated the PC version with all the backported stuff from Switch/Gunvolt 2 and even apparently added some new (exclusive?) modes :aaaaa:

It was surmised they more or less abandoned the Steam version (and PC porting in general although there were a few minor games until Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon) after low sales. Awesome to hear (and why didn't I hear about it anywhere!), I need to pick it up some time!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd6id283YEM

God I love this channel

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

suuma posted:

Hi goons, I spent no money during the Steam sale and it feels weird

Same. I've decided not to buy anything on steam anymore now that they've openly stated their dedication to being poo poo.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

it's a very 1 step forward 2 steps back series in general. most of the changes to styles and the flowchart for events/endings were great, some of the other changes sucked. still hope they make a 5 someday.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
https://twitter.com/ShaanVP/status/1015337238282973184?s=19

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Spring Break My Heart posted:

The reason was that game development costs were rising and Nintendo/Microsoft were offering valuable business deals. It's why Ubisoft had such explosive growth that decade. They benefited from working from Microsoft who was cash rich and had great software support teams.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I knew Paladins was an Overwatch clone but I didn't know they made a Fortnite clone spinoff called Realm Royale

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

How much of that is increased total viewership versus replacing other games, though? I can see PUBG streamers flipping but I am guessing a lot of League streams are not going to cross over

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Yeah, I mean we all know Fortnite is massively popular at the moment, so I'm not sure what's meant to be surprising about that graph or what "eating Twitch" is supposed to mean for that matter. It eats its competitors and draws more people to Twitch to watch streams of it, but that doesn't automatically mean other games are doing noticeably worse.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I do enjoy that tiny initial spike that must be people trying to stream the "Save the World" mode before giving up, and then the Battle Royale mode changed everything

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Yeah I guess without a measure of total viewership they graph isn't terribly descriptive. I just like graphs!

E: found the source, seems like most of the games on the chart have reasonably steady viewerships.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Jul 7, 2018

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Mr E posted:

I haven't played Remake, 3, and most of the spinoffs, but the only "spinoff" I'm gonna play is Code Veronica.

I beat 3 again after like 15 years recently and it still holds up. I mean, it is definitely not as good as 2 but that is a rough act to follow.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Samuringa posted:

play Umbrella Corps, you coward

Do Not Play This Game.

Mr E posted:

I will not.

good

i just finished the RE1 remake tonight. jill killed all the zombies forever the end

she also saved chris but hes dumb

I once read a Resident Evil comic book adaptation that was framed as Chris telling the story and it’s his version of the game, while Jill is pissed off in the background because she experienced her version of the game and she thinks Chris is lying. It was very weird and I am still not sure what they were trying to say but it was also pretty lol.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Help Im Alive posted:

I knew Paladins was an Overwatch clone but I didn't know they made a Fortnite clone spinoff called Realm Royale

they also made Smite which was a DOTA clone

I picture an irate CEO searching daily for the most popular twitch stream and yelling "WHY DON'T WE HAVE THAT I WANT THAT"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Play Resident Evil Revelations because it is also good

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

codenameFANGIO posted:

Do Not Play This Game.

good

I once read a Resident Evil comic book adaptation that was framed as Chris telling the story and it’s his version of the game, while Jill is pissed off in the background because she experienced her version of the game and she thinks Chris is lying. It was very weird and I am still not sure what they were trying to say but it was also pretty lol.

Was it the one where Leon fights vampires and Barry shoots a werewolf in another stories? Because the whole comic was equal parts weird and awesome.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Really Pants posted:

they also made Smite which was a DOTA clone

I picture an irate CEO searching daily for the most popular twitch stream and yelling "WHY DON'T WE HAVE THAT I WANT THAT"

Didn’t Paladins launch slightly before Overwatch? Or is the idea that the company saw Overwatch in development and rushed out a clone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

I believe it was Paladins was actually in development before OW but Blizzard got their game out first.

• Locked thread