Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
wtf is the bioware story, what is the culture of it, and why is it significant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

fridge corn posted:

wtf is the bioware story, what is the culture of it, and why is it significant?

a special person (and friends) murders people at four significant places, receives a smooch, and saves the world

Pattonesque fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jun 19, 2018

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

Pattonesque posted:

a special person (and friends0 murders people at four significant places, receives a smooch, and saves the world

✌️

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Then that's not Dragon Age 2. You barely adventure though one one and a half areas, and the world is worse off for your troubles.

But you can gently caress/hatefuck everyone, including Felicia day with elf ears.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Kurieg posted:

Then that's not Dragon Age 2. You barely adventure though one one and a half areas, and the world is worse off for your troubles.

But you can gently caress/hatefuck everyone, including Felicia day with elf ears.

drat, if there is a DA4 Tallis is probably 100 percent a party member

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Pattonesque posted:

a special person (and friends0 murders people at four significant places, receives a smooch, and saves the world

that only answers the first part of my question

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Pattonesque posted:

drat, if there is a DA4 Tallis is probably 100 percent a party member

But she’s mute for important plot reasons

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Qun vow of silence

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Dragon Age 2 "different values of beauty".jpg

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
The Shock of the Gigglesquee

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Arcsquad12 posted:

Dragon Age 2 "different values of beauty".jpg

Why yes, indeed:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

orcane posted:

Why yes, indeed:

Why don't any games ever give dwarf women beards?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I just noticed that all of the women are wearing invisible heels lmfao

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
I'm honestly surprised that there'll be no romances in Anthem, given that the core bioware fanbase seems to enjoy the games mostly for that feature

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

orcane posted:

Why yes, indeed:

the equal but different beauties of bears, twinks, swimmers and gym bunnies should all be solemnly respected imho

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Ekusukariba posted:

I'm honestly surprised that there'll be no romances in Anthem, given that the core bioware fanbase seems to enjoy the games mostly for that feature

I don't think it's that big a group of people who love Bioware romances, they're just loud.

Bioware has been getting stats from every game of theirs from DAO onwards as to what people actually play and what story decisions they make. Remember that according to Bioware, their stats say 80% of all players of the Mass Effect games pick the default male soldier for Shepard.

Cythereal fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 19, 2018

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

orcane posted:

Why yes, indeed:

lol I forgot about the spaghetti leg on the human lady

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Halloween Jack posted:

That's what happens when you trace.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Ekusukariba posted:

the core bioware fanbase

Not their target audience anymore

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Rinkles posted:

Not their target audience anymore

Their target audience is busy playing pubg fornite realm royale instead of destiny now though?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
honestly my biggest issue with anthem(outside the destiny thing) is that the plot/world feels like an JRPG plot.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

NeurosisHead posted:

holy poo poo I cannot unsee it

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ekusukariba posted:

It's not like Anthem has any other features working, so it's not that surprising :v:.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

orange juche posted:

holy poo poo I cannot unsee it

:same: her knees aren't even at the same level!

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Halloween Jack posted:

Not the dumpy one: she gets flats...

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

NeurosisHead posted:

rip in spaghetti

never forgetti

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Moola posted:

rip in spaghetti

never forgetti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgo_wNeBypA

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I've been reading some positive talk about Anthem gameplay from e3 and its freaking me out

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Moola posted:

I've been reading some positive talk about Anthem gameplay from e3 and its freaking me out

Andromeda's run and gun gameplay is actually pretty fun when the game just lets you go to town on an enemy base or whatever. The guns are still fun, the tools are fun, and you have enormous mobility thanks to the jetpack. Problem is, that's a tiny minority of the game next to roaming open, empty worlds and crossing half a dozen loading screens to talk to two people for sidequests.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
My local Meijer is still selling Andromeda on PS4 at full price, but the Xbone version is $10 cheaper :thunk:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Cythereal posted:

Andromeda's run and gun gameplay is actually pretty fun when the game just lets you go to town on an enemy base or whatever. The guns are still fun, the tools are fun, and you have enormous mobility thanks to the jetpack. Problem is, that's a tiny minority of the game next to roaming open, empty worlds and crossing half a dozen loading screens to talk to two people for sidequests.

no ive heard the shooting is not like mass effect and is actually decent like Destiny

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Moola posted:

no ive heard the shooting is not like mass effect and is actually decent like Destiny

But Destiny sucks

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Moola posted:

ME3 is the only modern shooter where I really enjoyed the shooting to the point that I beat the game on insanity without cheating because I was having fun.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I played through ME3 on Insanity after sinking dozens of hours into the MP demo and it felt even easier than Bronze. Novaguard was still great, though.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

exquisite tea posted:

I played through ME3 on Insanity after sinking dozens of hours into the MP demo and it felt even easier than Bronze. Novaguard was still great, though.

I did Insanity on an engineer. Engineers in ME3 are great, you have a spell for every occasion and every enemy to the point that whenever I play one I always take an ammo power as my bonus because the engineer is such a complete package of active abilities already.

And because they're by far the least played class in the trilogy engineers and engineers alone get some unique class dialogue in Citadel, which a Bioware dev confirmed was a little reward for those playing the least-played class in the series.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Iron Crowned posted:

But Destiny sucks

The shooting in destiny is actually really good, it’s just everything else that sucks

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

But Destiny sucks

yes

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Apparently in a recent interview Casey Hudson has implied that there will be more Mass Effects in Bioware's future.

It's not over yet boyos.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

May god have mercy on our souls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Let’s have a ME where you’re the guy trying to destroy the galaxy.