Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Ashsaber posted:

What the gently caress, what the gently caress? I decided to take one more ten roll on the Camelot banner since its going away tonight. somehow I got this result:

That is my Fourth Casko, and second Ozzy. My Gatcha luck is absurd.

Holy gently caress, congrats, I'm jealous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

So, decided since this was the last banner day, I'd try one more ticket to see if I could get Saberlot.

First card, Stheno. On the banner. Okay, 4-star, that's good. I'll try it again.

Origin Bullet. Holy poo poo best Caster CE. Ok, feeling good!

Mana Gauge. Ok, not gonna push the luck before the next banner.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Ashsaber posted:

What the gently caress, what the gently caress? I decided to take one more ten roll on the Camelot banner since its going away tonight. somehow I got this result:

That is my Fourth Casko, and second Ozzy. My Gatcha luck is absurd.

wtf how did you roll the guaranteed cavalry banner???

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
You will never get me to roll, Aniplex shill.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Tired Moritz posted:

You will never get me to roll, Aniplex shill.

Then how are you playing this game?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
friend points banner doesnt count

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Tired Moritz posted:

friend points banner doesnt count

Sounds like a fun challenge account, actually.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Well, it's perfectly possible for the pacing to be both too slow and too fast, for instance if there were 3 events running at the same time and then two months of nothing at all that would be both too slow and too fast.

Personally I think it's been too hectic for my tastes lately, I haven't even finished Camelot because all the back to back events have pretty much burnt me out.

There should never be more than 1 week of no events, a new Singularity counting as an event i m o.

If they don't have the staff for that, I blame DW, because NA FGO definitely makes enough money to cover a full time team to work on it.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

I'd be completely okay with never having more than about a week of dead time at any given point, just as long as that little bit of dead time's consistently there. While Camelot was fantastic, coming off a month and a half of uninterrupted event, the real best part of it has just been having about a week without a bunch of event shops and raid bosses and limited time nodes with amazing mat drops to worry about where I can just throw my natural ap at embers and interludes and relax.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
why are the story supports so useless

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Don't you want a challenge

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Camelot’s the peak of useless story servants and they actually start coming with appropriate levels and skills after.

Still don’t get CEs though so not a lot of point to picking them.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Pureauthor posted:

Don't you want a challenge

it would be nice if bedi doesnt make a scene and then get slapped to death in one turn

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

EGSunBro posted:

Camelot’s the peak of useless story servants and they actually start coming with appropriate levels and skills after.

*has PTSD of Shimosa*

No it ain't

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I always use story servants when available. It just feels right to use the servants that are supposed to be fighting in the battle story-wise. (even if they are defeated miserably in first five rounds, while being totally useless, looking at you Da Vinci-chan). The extra challenge is usually also a plus.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

1) When fighting the KotR, bring Bedi
2) in the back row
3) at the appropriate moment, plugsuit him in, Command Seal charge his NP and finish off the Knight.

LORE

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cuntellectual posted:

There should never be more than 1 week of no events, a new Singularity counting as an event i m o.

this isnt true even in jp tho

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I did the final boss with Bedi in the front row like he deserved.

I have my own NP2 Waver

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Many times when the story gives me a saber support against an archer node, I ask myself "why"

Then I ask myself "why again" everytime Musashi has no third skill and is mandatory 13 chapters into Shimosa

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
no, nitocris dont bring back the sandstorm

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Going through my second archive CEs, and I notice I've kept a lot of poo poo. All the event CEs are stashed away for reruns, which is fine. Is there any reason to keep the Valentines Chocolate CEs? I mean, aside from hoarding pictures? I have like 20 of them and I would think they would make for good leveling mats for actually useful CEs.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The pictures are all saved to your Spirit Origin list anyway

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Pureauthor posted:

The pictures are all saved to your Spirit Origin list anyway
Holy poo poo, I forgot about the My Room list entirely! Well, settles that! Thanks!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
you are shameful if you dont let bedi land the final blow in camelot, shameful

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

RanKizama posted:

Holy poo poo, I forgot about the My Room list entirely! Well, settles that! Thanks!
You monster, don't touch that chocolate Kiyohime!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Clawtopsy posted:

he got off an np with salter that's good enough

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Clawtopsy posted:

Taking my Grailed Bedivere is an acceptable alternative.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

RanKizama posted:

Going through my second archive CEs, and I notice I've kept a lot of poo poo. All the event CEs are stashed away for reruns, which is fine. Is there any reason to keep the Valentines Chocolate CEs? I mean, aside from hoarding pictures? I have like 20 of them and I would think they would make for good leveling mats for actually useful CEs.

You should save them for another nine hours in case there's boosted success rates for the anniversary.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

I actually deafeated the last Camelot boss with Waver+Mash+Bedivere.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I finished Camelot the way I started it, with Cuzilla w/ the kayneth CE dominating the enemy

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Decided to try this game yesterday and it seems like it'll take weeks to level or get new servants, am I doing this wrong?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

I let tyrant slayer Cu slay the Tyrant

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Decided to try this game yesterday and it seems like it'll take weeks to level or get new servants, am I doing this wrong?
It just takes that long in general, XP and especially mats are insanely hard to come by outside of events. Of the crew I had settled upon a month or so after the game's launch (June 2017), it was an insanely slow trickle to ascend them up until maybe January of this year.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Taking time is pretty normal if you're not whaling to grind. Anniversary should help a bit too since they do things for new players around then.

Magical Bee
Jul 30, 2013

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

You'll actually get a lot of new servants at the beginning, since you'll be getting all the 1-3 star servants. Don't discount them, most are useful in some way. As far as leveling goes...yeah, that's always going to be slow. Once you get to the point where you can regularly beat the 40 AP training ground quest it's not too bad, though some of the mats are still miserable to grind.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

...it seems like it'll take weeks to level or get new servants...

Yes, though not necessarily as many weeks as it might first appear. Once you can beat the Expert Ember Gathering quests with a strong support EXP comes relatively quickly, and there are regular events which are a decent source of other leveling materials.

Servants will always be a slow trickle at best. The Friend Points Summon will be your best source of them for a while; I recommend finding a friend support with the "Beginning of the Journey" CE, since that increases your FP income by almost 4x; I'm sure a bunch of goons still have it on their support lists.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Since you're new, you can actually do some easy leveling through the 40 AP Ember daily. Get a solid friend and you can do it easily (For example, a level 90 Jeanne is pretty much unkillable and will get the job done, though not very quickly.) The gold embers are really the valuable ones, the rest are kind of money wasters and can be sold.

Probably will take a while to get any new 4 or 5*, though.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

NRVNQSR posted:

Once you can beat the Expert Ember Gathering quests with a strong support EXP comes relatively quickly,

A good RulerJeanne d'Arc friend support can solo (slowly but surely) the 40 AP XP Ember Gathering, so I'd suggest trying to find a few friends who have one. If you want I can make space on my friend list and throw you an invite, as I have a Ruler Jeanne that'd work (I can even put a useful CE on it, either one to help ensure she'll survive soloing, or one to get you some extra FP for using her to roll the FP Gacha for more servants).

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Nope, it's just a pretty slow game in general. Use the tips already posted but mostly just take your time and don't worry about it.

That said remember to do your free Friend Point summon each day and you'll get a regular drip-feed of new 1-3 star servants (several of which are very, very good!)

f/go's not like most mobage, 4 and 5 stars have higher stats but 1-3 stars can absolutely have uniquely powerful skills and NP that make them worth using even if you had basically everybody

atelier morgan fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jul 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

You should consider rerolling because you probably didn't get someone good.