Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

ChrisBTY posted:

So I'm fiddling with randomizers again.
Soul Silver this time.
Things I learned: Messing with Pokemon types is dumb because it turns every fight into a guessing game.
I want to restart now. Shame I didn't come to this conclusion before I spent too much time cheating at Voltorb flip.

I played through Yellow randomized recently and I only randomized the starter (I got Zapdos, rival got ... Mewtwo), wild pokes, trainer pokes, items and TM's but left types, stats and moves alone. I feel when you start to randomize the move pools and types and so on the game just isn't that fun anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Black Swan II is finally coming out

https://twitter.com/Macatora/status/1014814306762805248

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Landorous-T is our punishment for complaining that the genies looked too similar.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
So, Beta Pokémon Gold 1997. Were movesets or stat spreads discovered for the unreleased Pokémon? I know at least a few of them must have something in place, but I haven't found anything about it.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Mizuti posted:

So, Beta Pokémon Gold 1997. Were movesets or stat spreads discovered for the unreleased Pokémon? I know at least a few of them must have something in place, but I haven't found anything about it.

Stat spreads were all documented on that spreadsheet with everything, but many of them were placeholder flat 50s (not all though!).

It's on the "Base Data" tab of this sheet, along wit TM/HM learn flags. There don't appear to be level-up learnsets though.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I need help understanding the mechanics of the Stored Power move, and how boosting affects stack up the damage counter!

What kind of boosts will add to the ++ counter? So if I use something like Bulk Up, is that adding a +2 or just +1 for the attack? What if I do, say, a Minimize (+2 evasion) and a Calm Mind (+1 SpA/SpD), is that gonna add a +4 total to Stored Power damage or will it just be the +2?

Also how much damage does each boost add?

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
it adds 20 power for each one stage boost to any stat. swords dance would add 40, coil would add 60, etc.

a simple swoobat eating(?) an electric seed and using calm mind instantly has a 140 bp stored power and must be stopped

I am Reverend fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jul 6, 2018

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

The best use of any Pokémon.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
Sometimes Serebii.net's IV calculator frustrates me. I'm plugging in a bunch of random Pokemon in my box that I've never used before and it keeps telling me their stats are apparently impossible. Stop being stupid, Serebii. :argh:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

less laughter posted:

living up to your user name i see

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
All day err day.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

less laughter posted:

The gently caress is up with their faces? Why is the left dude blowing a tumor out of his head?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
They're overexaggerated facial expressions to convey emotions in a humorous manner. Is this your first experience with a comic strip?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Calvin and Hobbes would have been vastly improved had Hobbes adhered to the skeletal structure of a real tiger. Unfortunately, it is literally unreadable.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

less laughter posted:

They're overexaggerated facial expressions to convey emotions in a humorous manner. Is this your first experience with a comic strip?

Look at the blue sweater dude's face, there is a big chunk of skin mass jettisoning off past his eyes that just should not be there

The dude at PA has gotten lazy as gently caress with his comics

Shuffle
Feb 3, 2011

DEA Sloth!
No Fast Movements!

Parrotine posted:

Look at the blue sweater dude's face, there is a big chunk of skin mass jettisoning off past his eyes that just should not be there

The dude at PA has gotten lazy as gently caress with his comics

They’ve always been lazy.

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

The art is whatever, but I don't really understand why the black haired one gets so angry at the brown haired one, who is trying to be nice.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

you can make cartoons that are fun to look at instead of looking like satan’s bhole. penny arcade is not fun to look at

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Mizuti posted:

I have a hunch that Curse and that scrapped voodoo doll may have been closely tied together during development.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I like Penny Arcade, think it looks good, and agree with the sentiment in the comic. Pokémon Go loving suuuuuuucks. Let's remove: Battling, levelling up through training, a story, trading (until like, last month), and let's take it a step further and make you grind your caught Pokémon into candy to strengthen your existing 'mons. It sucks.

Penny Arcade still cool, though.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

competitive battling was a mistake, hanging out near churches collecting little goblins and rats is the future

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Hey now, there is battling in Go. It is poo poo, but it is there. Go is a lot better when you treat it as a neat little gizmo rather than a game. Also Squirtle Squad

PA is pig ugly. I guess that's what its going for but ugh. sometimes it does a funny though

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

The art style in Penny Arcade used to be fine, but then the artist just didn't know when to stop and went overboard with stylization.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
It's an aesthetic. The guy can draw when he wants.

And to keep it on topic:

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Nessa posted:

The art style in Penny Arcade used to be fine, but then the artist just didn't know when to stop and went overboard with stylization.

As much as I don't like how Penny Arcade looks, the guy's been doing this for like 20 years, and most strips only have the two characters. I can't blame him for wanting to go to a different place with the art.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
ROTOM. STOP GIVING ME STEALTH POWERS. I NEVER USE REPELS.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

ah i just remembered dexnav is gone forever. too beautiful for this world

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oddium posted:

rest in peace dexnav

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

oddium posted:

DexNav is gone to the same grave yard as the VS. Seeker. RIP in Peace.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I hope gen 8 has a full national dex so I can read whatever canon some intern makes about how Mega Altaria is even fluffier and friendlier than regular Altaria and likes nothing more then getting pets and hugging people with its big fluffy wings.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
and also in gen VIII Mega Altaria is getting turned into a regular third-stage evolution called Ultraria

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

in japan it will be hyperaria

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The problem with a national dex at this point is you have more pokemon in it than box slots.

So yeah, not happening until the boxes increase.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

indigi posted:

Was there ever an explanation about how Mewtwo got a mega evolution/mega stone considering that it was created in lab?

Hey from forever ago but it's the human DNA, hope this helps.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

iospace posted:

The problem with a national dex at this point is you have more pokemon in it than box slots.

Hey kid better buy Pokemon bank now huh?

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Just make more boxes.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

McDragon posted:

in japan it will be hyperaria

it legit bothers me that potions follow the base-super-hyper chain, but the capture balls had to be changed

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

iospace posted:

EthanSteele posted:

Just make more boxes.

Yeah why even bring it up? There's literally nothing stopping them from letting you have more boxes if necessary.

ItBreathes posted:

As much as I don't like how Penny Arcade looks, the guy's been doing this for like 20 years, and most strips only have the two characters. I can't blame him for wanting to go to a different place with the art.

Yeah my thoughts exactly. Unfortunately, his efforts to maintain his sanity have made the cartoons bad to look at. I don't blame him at all but them's the breaks.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Takoluka posted:

it legit bothers me that potions follow the base-super-hyper chain, but the capture balls had to be changed

I play in French sometimes and French uses the Super ---> Hyper progression.

iospace posted:

Every generation has added more box capacity. Why is this an issue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

iospace posted:

they've increased the number of boxes in every single generation