Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I bought a big rear end wrench. Highly recommend. It hosed up a faucet that was fused to a pipe where as my other wrenches (and judging from other tool marks, the prior owners wrenches) failed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

baram. has a new favorite as of 19:10 on Jul 7, 2018

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

...how could this be remotely comfortable to use? Unless it's like twice the size of the SNES controller.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Taking advantage of sales!

Brooks Glycerin 15, in white. (I have two other pairs in black, but since these are running shoes I go through them quite fast.)

And a couple running tops.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

...how could this be remotely comfortable to use? Unless it's like twice the size of the SNES controller.

???
SNES controllers weren't uncomfortable to use?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

???
SNES controllers weren't uncomfortable to use?

SNES controllers didn't have too thumbsticks that were way too close to each other for normal hands.

e: PS controllers did :can:

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

SpartanIvy posted:

I bought a big rear end wrench. Highly recommend. It hosed up a faucet that was fused to a pipe where as my other wrenches (and judging from other tool marks, the prior owners wrenches) failed.

:bisonyes:

Everyone needs a big rear end wrench in their life

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

it is kind of cramped, and the shoulders are kind of awkward. might be returning it, there's no place i know of to try these things out before buying.

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.

Help me find these shirts!

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

EdwardSwifferhands posted:

+

?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

LOL, shirts by krylon.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

People are posting shirts, so:

(Hint: I got it from Redbubble because I'm garbage)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

RedBubble is fine if you confirm the store belongs to the original artist.

Which is hard.

Because RedBubble is trash.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

:shepspends: :shepspends:

:kazooieass: :kazooieass:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I got one too.

Pretty sure I got it from the right shop :shepface:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I bought a $4 camera that used a dead film format

And a $5 camera that seems actually good, uses regular 35mm film, and came with a bag, a nearly finished roll of film in the chamber, a fresh roll, and a new battery. Excited to see what I find when I bring in the roll of film it came with.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Dude, Voodoo chips are so drat good

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Used + 20% eBay coupon and it looks new! Unfortunately, it will probably lead to even more spending on bike parts.

Should be here on Monday, excited! Now to decide what to listen to to break them in. (Who am I kidding, it'll be Floyd's The Wall, of course.)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

You're gonna love these. I have a few pairs of AKG's and Grados and those Beyerdynamics. They have enormous bass, great isolation are comfortable af, best cans I own. Oh do you have an amp for them?

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

LifeSunDeath posted:

You're gonna love these. I have a few pairs of AKG's and Grados and those Beyerdynamics. They have enormous bass, great isolation are comfortable af, best cans I own. Oh do you have an amp for them?

Not yet, figured I'd see what they sound like without one first. I don't really need much volume though, just planning on using them laying on the sofa so I shouldn't have to drown out much external noise.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Yessss, voodoo chips, so drat delicious! Just bought airfare to visit NOLA here in a couple months, can't wait to get my hands on some voodoo chips down there :q:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I live in NOLA where we can get Zapp's all the time, and it rules. The dill pickle ones have always been my favorite.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm in California and can find it all over the place. It's good as heck. Though today the deli only had the Mesquite BBQ flavor :(

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
I finally wrecked the gearbox in my Stampede. Replaced it with this...

It's the main gears for a Traxxas Stampede RC truck. I've been breaking and replacing parts on it for about 8 years now. That gearbox is the last major component that's left from when it was new.

So smooth and quiet now. Shockingly fast.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Wifi Toilet posted:

Not yet, figured I'd see what they sound like without one first. I don't really need much volume though, just planning on using them laying on the sofa so I shouldn't have to drown out much external noise.

Volume isn't the issue, they are high ohm cans so you just wont drive them clearly without the extra juice.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

EdwardSwifferhands posted:

https://www.tackma.com/

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

LifeSunDeath posted:

Volume isn't the issue, they are high ohm cans so you just wont drive them clearly without the extra juice.

Welp, now I've got this on the way too.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Wifi Toilet posted:

Welp, now I've got this on the way too.

Good choice :D

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

Sold out quickly unfortunately, but the less cute version is still available if you just like pockets https://mushbuh.bigcartel.com/product/black-and-reflective-tape-double-hoodie

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

also a new scratching post, cat box and misc cat accessories for this little idiot

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

On sale at best buy for $20. Got it for girlfriend co-op.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:swoon:

on topic: I bought Paramore: brand new eyes and Kanye: Graduation on cd for $2 from the local library

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

bowmore posted:

:swoon:

on topic: I bought Paramore: brand new eyes and Kanye: Graduation on cd for $2 from the local library

I don't think you understand how libraries work

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

1redflag posted:

I don't think you understand how libraries work

$2 is the max late-fee his library charges, so he just stole from the library and said he "bought" the cds so he didn't seem like such a dick.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I have not used a CD in maybe 3 years now and am actually against owning them. Like why? MP3 is better in every way and there is an aux or Bluetooth adapter for every vehicle setup.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I don't understand people who buy CDs in 2018 unless you live in the woods or something. Sure, you could buy a Kanye album and a Paramore album for $2, or you could get a free trial of Spotify which gives you those 2 albums plus those artists' entire discographies, plus the discographies of like thousands of other artists and then only pay $9 a month after the first month :shobon:

I can understand not having Bluetooth in your car and only having a CD player, but almost everyone has a smartphone/tablet nowadays.

CDs just seem so cumbersome when you can have a massive library of music on your phone or any other internet-enabled device, really.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Apple Music + Vinyl is the god tier combo and always will be

I miss buying cds but yeah for me theyre completely dead and irrelevant

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hell, I just recently signed up for DistroKid and put my entire discography on Spotify/Apple Music because even Bandcamp/Soundcloud seem like dead platforms to me. I never use 'em, at least.

They served their purpose, but that's just not at all where I go to listen to music anymore.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Kilometers Davis posted:

Apple Music + Vinyl is the god tier combo and always will be

I miss buying cds but yeah for me theyre completely dead and irrelevant

This except I use Google Play Music and tend to download whatever I buy on Vinyl and upload it to Google Play if it doesn't exist on there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

SpartanIvy posted:

I have not used a CD in maybe 3 years now and am actually against owning them. Like why?
You can rip it, and have that album available for on-demand play while using something like Spotify free or Pandora or :corsair: even the radio for the Im not feeling that picky just play some music times, without paying a subscription fee. A 40 million song on demand library isnt worth the price for many people.