Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Killer_Bees! posted:

Cool scheme but maybe change your bases, you are all darker tones and a nicely contrasting base will make your dude pop!

I feel like if I did that then the grey and blue of the uniform wouldn't make any sense. I like to think the Guard wear roughly the right colours for the environment they're in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I want to add some more bone to the carapace. Would you paint the whole hatch, or just the area surrounding the window?

Whole hatch. Make the area around the window match the metal you did the frame in.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Tested my NOVA 1k list a few times this week:

- White Scars -
Captain w/jetpack & teeth of terra
Primaris Librarian
5 Rievers
3x5 scouts (troop tax)
3x3 Inceptors w/assault bolters
Predator with AC

It’s trounced everything I’ve come up against, although the predator has been a bit underwhelming so I’m thinking of swapping the Rievers and Predator to make it this list:

White Scars -
Captain w/jetpack/teeth of terra/plasma pistol
Primaris Librarian
3x5 scouts (troop tax)
2x3 Inceptors w/assault bolters
1x3 Inceptors w/plasma
1x4 Hellblasters/Sgt with plasma pistol

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
I think distributing the Predator points into more infantry is a solid move. A lone tank is going to get singled out by whatever antitank your opponent has, whereas the new list denies them a good target for lascannons etc. and gives yourself better flexibility.

One of these days I need to get around to getting my Primaris painted/played. Then again, I really need to get on painting my AdMech/Knights too. Or anything in general. :smith:

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
Please examine my biggest, most beautiful boy.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
10/10 would give a baby Ruth bar

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Felime posted:

He is both big and beautiful.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I'd suggest a wash of nuln or something on the metals, they look too shiny.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Felime posted:

That's a purdy big boi. :3:

Lungboy posted:

I'd suggest a wash of nuln or something on the metals, they look too shiny.

Da Commissur says a shiny hitty-stick makes the Emprah proud!

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

That's a purdy big boi. :3:

Da Commissur says a shiny hitty-stick makes the Emprah proud!

And de nice man in grey robes always give me candy when I shine things good! Why guardmans always mad at quartermaster man?

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?
NEED A LIGHT?

Turns out that the Inceptor blast shields look nice on flamer Aggressors. This is the sergeant from the easy to build kit; the helmet fit nicely with only a little trimming.

Album link.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

ffffff, I grabbed one Aggressor from a bitz site ages ago just for that exact purpose and I didn't even think of the blast shield helmet then.
Guess I need to check if they're in stock or I'll have to try painting a soot stained face.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Genestealer Cult Kill Team page is up.

Neophytes, Acolytes, Aberrants, Metamporphs and Genestealers with access to Cult Ambush tactics.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Legendary Ptarmigan posted:

NEED A LIGHT?

Turns out that the Inceptor blast shields look nice on flamer Aggressors. This is the sergeant from the easy to build kit; the helmet fit nicely with only a little trimming.

Album link.

That looks great.

EAThief
Aug 28, 2006

I swear it's not what you think

NEED A LIGHT?

Album link.

YOU GOT MY ATTENTION

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

NEED A LIGHT?

Album link.

Makes me mad the Dark Imperium box doesn't include those blast shields, because I have 6 inceptors and no shields, and that look owns

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

TheBigAristotle posted:

Makes me mad the Dark Imperium box doesn't include those blast shields, because I have 6 inceptors and no shields, and that look owns

The inceptor box only has two. The "third" one has the shield raised showing a regular primaris helmet underneath.

Anyone with extras from regular inceptor boxes, feel free to shoot me an email bdwilson925 at gmail and we can work something out; I'd like to source 4 more to make a squad of six guys.

Legendary Ptarmigan fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jul 7, 2018

Preem Palver
Jul 5, 2007

Technowolf posted:

Genestealer Cult Kill Team page is up.

Neophytes, Acolytes, Aberrants, Metamporphs and Genestealers with access to Cult Ambush tactics.

Still hyped for this. This overview mentions that the box set contains 10 neophytes, and they can be converted with the Skitarii to make one of the GSC sub-factions, Cult of the Bladed Cog. Presumably the Skitarii part of the box set is also 10 models.

I am wondering about the price, though. So far we know the box set has 16-20 models, a good amount of the new Sector Imperialis terrain, the core rules, and a couple of booklets for the Skitarii and GSC. I'm expecting at least Dark Imperium/Soul Wars pricing due to all the terrain, but I hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
That's a rad Firebat!

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Preem Palver posted:

Still hyped for this. This overview mentions that the box set contains 10 neophytes, and they can be converted with the Skitarii to make one of the GSC sub-factions, Cult of the Bladed Cog. Presumably the Skitarii part of the box set is also 10 models.

I am wondering about the price, though. So far we know the box set has 16-20 models, a good amount of the new Sector Imperialis terrain, the core rules, and a couple of booklets for the Skitarii and GSC. I'm expecting at least Dark Imperium/Soul Wars pricing due to all the terrain, but I hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

There's no way they're making new sprues of already-existing plastics (and they aren't going to hand-cut them) so it'll be 10 of each.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Preem Palver posted:

I'm 100% expecting it to come in at $160 like the other new starter sets. It looks like a ton of terrain.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
On the one hand, it really is a ton of new terrain.

On the other hand, it's all Made in China terrain with the lower-detail plastic, and the units are one box of Skitarii Rangers/Vanguard and one box of Neophyte Hybrids, and stuff like Start Collecting boxes and Forgebane demonstrate a willingness on GW's part to deep discount existing troop boxes. And the book is not a hardcover.

So I think I'm expecting it'll hit at the Necromunda price point rather than the Dark Imperium/Soul Wars/Prospero/Calth price point, because they want to move units and I suspect they'll be aiming for the psychological effect of "Small unit tactics game is less of a commitment than full 40k." But I won't be surprised if I'm wrong and it hits the latter price point instead.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Stephenls posted:

On the one hand, it really is a ton of new terrain.

On the other hand, it's all Made in China terrain with the lower-detail plastic, and the units are one box of Skitarii Rangers/Vanguard and one box of Neophyte Hybrids, and stuff like Start Collecting boxes and Forgebane demonstrate a willingness on GW's part to deep discount existing troop boxes. And the book is not a hardcover.

So I think I'm expecting it'll hit at the Necromunda price point rather than the Dark Imperium/Soul Wars/Prospero/Calth price point, because they want to move units and I suspect they'll be aiming for the psychological effect of "Small unit tactics game is less of a commitment than full 40k." But I won't be surprised if I'm wrong and it hits the latter price point instead.

The sector mechanicus terrain is not any lower detail nor is it made in China, so I don't know why you're saying new sector imperialis will be. They've moved away from made in China terrain.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Booley posted:

The sector mechanicus terrain is not any lower detail nor is it made in China, so I don't know why you're saying new sector imperialis will be. They've moved away from made in China terrain.

I am clearly out of the loop.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Stephenls posted:

I am clearly out of the loop.

Then why are you talking about it?

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Booley posted:

Then why are you talking about it?

...because I didn't have any indication that I was out of the loop until I just learned it?

Like, seriously the reason I assumed Sector Mechanicus stuff was still Chinese-made plastic is that I had assumed like an idiot that Rob Baer wouldn't get something as simple as that wrong. Clearly I should have noticed when I realized he was full of poo poo for claiming Scale75 is a Vallejo subsidiary.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Stephenls posted:

...because I didn't have any indication that I was out of the loop until I just learned it?

Like, seriously the reason I assumed Sector Mechanicus stuff was still Chinese-made plastic is that I had assumed like an idiot that Rob Baer wouldn't get something as simple as that wrong.

Having no idea who that is I had to google him. It looks like he writes for spikey bits. That alone should tell you that he's an idiot.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Booley posted:

Having no idea who that is I had to google him. It looks like he writes for spikey bits. That alone should tell you that he's an idiot.

Yeah he does the Spikey Bits unboxing videos and every time he encounters the slightly stiffer plastic they use for things like Sector Mechanicus terrain or objectives he goes into a ramble about "As you can see, this is still the Chinese-made plastic, slightly lower detail than they use for the figures but much better than when it was first released, no real problem with slightly lower detail on terrain...."

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Just :laffo: at having anything to do with loving Spikey Bits. The best thing about the Warhammer Community site is making all of those lovely rumor sites completely irrelevant.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Lol he's a complete moron, why would you watch anything on Spiky Bits

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Also I would like to point out that my Ferratonic Incinerator box has "Made in China and distributed by Games Workshop" on the back.

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?
In Kill Team, why are Genestealer Cults a separate faction than Tyranids? Other than basic lore, I know little about either. I thought Genestealers were a sort of first-strike troop for Tyranid fleets, so why have them as an entirely separate faction?

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Stephenls posted:

Yeah he does the Spikey Bits unboxing videos and every time he encounters the slightly stiffer plastic they use for things like Sector Mechanicus terrain or objectives he goes into a ramble about "As you can see, this is still the Chinese-made plastic, slightly lower detail than they use for the figures but much better than when it was first released, no real problem with slightly lower detail on terrain...."

My promethium refinery box says made in the UK and is identical plastic to everything else.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Because skulking around is exactly what GSC do, but by the time true nids have arrived the GSC are probably in open revolt. They don't overlap much in that way.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Duct Tape posted:

In Kill Team, why are Genestealer Cults a separate faction than Tyranids? Other than basic lore, I know little about either. I thought Genestealers were a sort of first-strike troop for Tyranid fleets, so why have them as an entirely separate faction?

It's a weird dynamic. Sometimes the cult happily sticks around while they get shoved into the reclamation pools, and sometimes they're driven to flee ahead of the incoming fleet as a means of further dispersal. They also tend to operate separately from Tyranids proper (so they'll rise up when the invasion takes place but in more of a disruptive fashion than anything specifically coordinated).

So yeah, they're sort of this quasi-autonomous entity that operates in the interests of Tyranids.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I made the mistake of tallying up my total spent on my two years of Warhams. It was around $1200 which honestly didn't seem so bad. What made me feel worse was double checking my paint inventory spreadsheet and realizing I had over 100 paints and doing the rough head math on that.

Too bad 90% of that stuff is still grey, I've got my large adult robot sons for my birthday monday, and I just picked up a Talos today. RIP my dumb rear end who can't stop spending money.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Duct Tape posted:

The cults themselves have no concept of "Tyranids". All they know is that The Great Father is coming, and they are His heralds.

The Tyranids just see the cults as more biomass to absorb.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Yeast posted:

Can I ask why?

You strike me as someone who gets poo poo done when it comes to Hobby, and I can only imagine you'd be even more effective with one.

Same reason I still use Flash for my art honesty. I’ve got what I know down to a science and changing that up might slow me down or involve some crummier work while I learn a new toolset.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Wasnt there a story in the Genestealer book where the Patriarch sees the Tyranid bioships making landfall and when he tries to embrace his "child" he gets cut down because they have connected with the hive mind?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Booley posted:

My promethium refinery box says made in the UK and is identical plastic to everything else.

At this point my acting theory is that the early Sector Mechanicus stuff was made in China, and terrain doesn't move off shelves very fast locally, so all the stores still have stuff that says "Made in China" on it. That coupled with the stuff I bought saying the same thing and the dumb Spikey Bits unboxing videos also assuming it's all Made in China lead me to not having reason to question my assumptions.