Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
some guy tried to recreate the hardees ghostbusters green slime sundae 20-some odd years after the fact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Welcome to page 2020.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

ArfJason posted:

Almost done with my night shift at the dicksucking factory, here.

who would go for a bland assembly line dicksucking? bespoke, artisan dicksucking is the only real choice

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/atroyn/status/1014974099930714115

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
in soviet mountain view, computer compiles you

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i thought we liked the soviet union?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Bulge of the Belge

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

hahaha Brazil

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

yes

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Oh gj belgies

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

who would go for a bland assembly line dicksucking? bespoke, artisan dicksucking is the only real choice

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-wjatVOWM

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

I’m trying to figure out how to get a “fair trade” or union joke to work here but I can’t because literally yes, there are unions for that and they do important work.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
manafort is being held in solitary confinement 23 hours a day with limited access to his legal team

always great when the rich and powerful get a taste of the insane, inhuman system they've help build

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
2020 is the year the internet becomes all of us and we become the internet

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ill be the onion

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
we all want to be the onion but we're more than likely tumblr rants at best

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I'm a relic of geocities devoted to Satan.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

we all want to be the onion but we're more than likely tumblr rants at best

im far too brute for a tumblr rant so i guess ill moderate reddit in pestilence

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
“Vermont curry shell”

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

is that sanders' fursona

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

me vs restaurant seafood

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1015623943946846209
e:
https://twitter.com/jamonholmgren/status/1015415646702657536
:stonk:

Paracaidas fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jul 7, 2018

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Question for the Americans: Does the second amendment extent to stuff like (riot) shields and helmets? Because I'm kinda surprised that those nazi protestors don't get immediately busted for turing up in that kind of gear.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Randler posted:

Question for the Americans: Does the second amendment extent to stuff like (riot) shields and helmets? Because I'm kinda surprised that those nazi protestors don't get immediately busted for turing up in that kind of gear.

You can legally own tanks and rocket launchers, who would give a gently caress about helmets?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

probably since there is some legal distinction in how good of a bulletproof vest you can have

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Randler posted:

Its America, do you really need to ask?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Randler posted:

There’s only a couple states that even have restrictions on vests and those are mainly against felons having them.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
And I mean that seems the most harmless thing in a nation that already lets people concealed carry. There's no body armor you can get that is going to do much against serious assault. Like even things that are resistant to pistol fire are only resistant to so much pistol fire. If a bunch of cops show up with Glocks and start mag dumping you are still done. The only thing that full body armor covering everything you can buys you is a few more seconds against the guys with pistols, maybe, if they are far enough away. A dude at 10 feet with a shotgun basically puts you down, the end, not matter what armor you have. It's good, it's much better than nothing, but it's not magic. You can't cheat physics.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Mulva posted:

And I mean that seems the most harmless thing in a nation that already lets people concealed carry. There's no body armor you can get that is going to do much against serious assault.

Ceramic/steel plate body armor is fairly widely available though heavy and bulky. Soft body armor (eg kevlar) won't stand up to much but you can get AR500 plates for less than $100 a pop and level 3 is good for up to .308 ball.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jul 7, 2018

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Mulva posted:

And I mean that seems the most harmless thing in a nation that already lets people concealed carry. There's no body armor you can get that is going to do much against serious assault. Like even things that are resistant to pistol fire are only resistant to so much pistol fire. If a bunch of cops show up with Glocks and start mag dumping you are still done. The only thing that full body armor covering everything you can buys you is a few more seconds against the guys with pistols, maybe, if they are far enough away. A dude at 10 feet with a shotgun basically puts you down, the end, not matter what armor you have. It's good, it's much better than nothing, but it's not magic. You can't cheat physics.

I was thinking about it more in the context of marches/riots. Around here we do not permit people to wear stuff like helmets, shields or vests on protests, because it makes it harder to enforce against them and enables people to fight other protestors more effectively.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Oh poo poo why didnt anyone tell me season 2 of Luke Cage was up on Netflix?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

full on level 3+ armor will definitely save your rear end but you'll probably be going to the hospital with every bone broken in your body

but yeah theres almost no restrictions on armor its not even really all that expensive

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
are kekistan proud boys donning ballistic armor? i thought they were still just using their old rollerblading pads and cheap plastic cosplay gear

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
Grandma has for a few weeks now had a small-ish pig that has wandered in and out of her yard

little sister is trying to wheedle dad into taking and adopting the pig as a pet

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
im unhappy with any resident pig that does not ultimately become pork belly for my chinese recipes

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

what sort of damage would a shotgun blast at 10ft (or two shotgun blasts, to be specific) do to the human torso anyway? i need to know in decent detail for a book but i'm having trouble finding a specific description of what it would look like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

avshalemon posted:

what sort of damage would a shotgun blast at 10ft (or two shotgun blasts, to be specific) do to the human torso anyway? i need to know in decent detail for a book but i'm having trouble finding a specific description of what it would look like

• Locked thread