Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Cursed image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Ceramics posted:

lmao 10 quartz

I actually am a bit annoyed by this because I did a 10-roll on story fishing for Bedis with the expectation that I'd be getting the quartz back.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
UHD, you're, uh, you're rolling the guarenteed banner right?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Gologle posted:

UHD, you're, uh, you're rolling the guarenteed banner right?

i'm not spending money on this game so no

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

luck: EX

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Huh, I thought maybe SQ cost 50 cents each and I didn't mind dropping $15 but it's twice that so screw it.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Still debating banners. What's the opinion on Arjuna, post-interludes? The review link in the OP is broken.

I know as an AoE servant he's never going to be amazing, but stars per turn, instant NP charge, an NP interlude and a 50+% NP steroid seem like they should take him pretty far. Also all the wikis claim Clairvoyance (Bowman) gives Debuff Immunity (5 turns). Should that actually say Debuff Immunity (1 time, 5 turns), or is it really as good as it looks?

Does he have any major hidden drawbacks other than his basic arts-servant-with-an-AOE-Buster-NP status? And his personality, obviously.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Hello stab child

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Did Knights, was worried that rather than any new servants I would get NP 5 Altera, instead got Jeanne, who I wanted most. Now I've got both sisters.

Also Sumanai #2 :geno:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NRVNQSR posted:

Still debating banners. What's the opinion on Arjuna, post-interludes? The review link in the OP is broken.

I know as an AoE servant he's never going to be amazing, but stars per turn, instant NP charge, an NP interlude and a 50+% NP steroid seem like they should take him pretty far. Also all the wikis claim Clairvoyance (Bowman) gives Debuff Immunity (5 turns). Should that actually say Debuff Immunity (1 time, 5 turns), or is it really as good as it looks?

Does he have any major hidden drawbacks other than his basic arts-servant-with-an-AOE-Buster-NP status? And his personality, obviously.
His NP is aoe so its never going to hit that hard even with all of that, and the fact that he has a 50% Buster up but only 1 buster card means hes kind of screwed for regular damage output.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

NRVNQSR posted:

Clairvoyance (Bowman) is just 5 turns, not 1 time in 5 turns.

Arjuna is better than Gilgamesh (archer, not caster; caster version is great), don’t @ me

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Ozy and NP3 Nursery rhyme. My grand prize target was Waver but I'm quite happy with this loud pharaoh too

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
there's no one on either anniversary banner I feel strongly enough to pay money for

at this point the only thing I'm missing is a good Saber and ain't none of those here

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

No shame in skipping, FGO is honestly pretty bad about these unless you have a 100% chance of a new 5*.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Amazingly bad roll on Da Vinci, just the Roman CE and everything else was crummy 3* stuff or the guaranteed 4* CE. Not doing the paid gacha either, so that's it for this anniversary.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Anyone running this on odd non-standard phone displays with notches? The game is sort of defaulting to a pretty small size on the total screen, which didn't happen on my old phone even though it had a notch also.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I got NP2 Vlad and Carmilla on my Cavalry Roll, Liz will be happy... well, maybe not about Carmilla.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

NP2 Drake isn’t bad, but I was really hoping for someone new. Also nearly 300 Quartz and 17 tickets tossed at DaVinci and the best I got was a single Nitocris. I think my gacha luck has finally run out

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Rolled Knights, got Altera. I mean, I guess now I don't have to reply entirely on Caesar and Siegfried to beat up Lancers, but I'm still disappointed.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

Rolled Knights, got Altera. I mean, I guess now I don't have to reply entirely on Caesar and Siegfried to beat up Lancers, but I'm still disappointed.

Altera is a solid beatstick that should put in some decent general work for you. Her party-wide NP buff is some added utility on top of that.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Rolled Knights, spook of Mordred.

Also 2nd Chev and Liz.

Roommate got Arjuna, who's got the "Its not Gil" thing going against him.

Its better than Medb at least.

Also did a few grouchy summons on story and got Carmilla finally, so yay i guess.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

NP3 Mikon. So, a dup as expected (only Cu Alter would've been new from that group), but I'm ok w/ this one. Token roll on the DaVinci banner got nothing interesting, so now waiting on summer banners.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Rolled Knights and got Lartoria! Yessssss

I have an SSR for every class now! (if Extra counts as one class I guess)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BlondRobin posted:

Arjuna is better than Gilgamesh (archer, not caster; caster version is great), don’t @ me
What does Arjuna have over Gilgamesh? Gilgamesh's NP does more damage, especially against the most common enemy type in the game, he has a better card setup, he has comparable NP gain despite less arts cards due to golden rule, he can crit spam with his third skill and it gives him NP, he has better stargen.

Like I'm not @ing you I just don't know what you think makes Arjuna better than Gil.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Duplicate Sanzang, Carmilla and Zerkerlot...

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I had enough embers to get LAltria to level 92 (not enough ascension materials though) just in case she came home.

My faith was rewarded. :toot:

Rolled on DV banner and immediately regretted it as I remember I could have rolled on the DV Salter or Lalter banners. Oh well.

Edit:
Fate/Grand Order User Survey #1, complete for a free golden ticket :Ticket:
https://webview.fate-go.us/2018/0707_user_survey1/

Note: Player ID is your Friend ID

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jul 8, 2018

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

I still kinda find it messed up that it only uses Paid Quartz for the confirmed 5 star. But eh, those the breaks.

Still, half AP embers and 3X upped output is great. Finally level my servants properly!

TalkLittle
Jun 23, 2004

Feelin just fine with my new Tamamo and Ibaraki

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

My Banner pull netted me Drake (Cool, I suppose. I mean, Medusa is still my Rider Wife for Life.), but then, in a shocking turn of events, I also pulled Waver!
Which means now I need to train up Waver!

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Well, the paid banner was a mixed bag for me, got all dupes but one of them was the best dupe I could get and the other two were decent, got my second Ozzy, Waver and my third Herc. I really wanted Tamamo or Cu Alter and Waver & Herc spooking me was pretty bad but I can't really complain about NP2 for some of my best servants.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Naturally there's no Bedivere in the Knights banner - a bad sign for anyone hoping to see an early rate-up for him on NA - but weirdly there's no Gawain or Tristan either. Seems odd, since all the other story-locked servants are in.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

A bunch of losers and Best Nurse which I have been trying to get ever since she debuted. I am so drat happy that I got exactly what I wanted instead of a dupe.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I got Ozymandias (King of Kings), the last Necromancy I needed for MLB and the rest was a bunch of Mana Prisms.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Your gacha-bragging struck a nerve and accidentally set off my self-defense instincts. Sorry about that.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Its also wrong unless they forgot to rename Lily

It's also still Altria all over the announcements page.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
https://clips.twitch.tv/CrunchyDeliciousDoveUncleNox

For anybody that didn't watch the Anime Expo stream, Arash's VA did the full Stella NP chant again, and it's still good.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Endorph posted:

What does Arjuna have over Gilgamesh? Gilgamesh's NP does more damage, especially against the most common enemy type in the game, he has a better card setup, he has comparable NP gain despite less arts cards due to golden rule, he can crit spam with his third skill and it gives him NP, he has better stargen.

Like I'm not @ing you I just don't know what you think makes Arjuna better than Gil.

It was mostly a joke, which is my understanding of how people use “don’t @ me”; as a sarcastic statement accompanying contentious opinions. Sorry to insolently disagree with your review, Boss. I’ll keep my failure-tier strats to myself from now on.

jfc

[quote="“TheFireMagi”" post="“485903615”"]
https://clips.twitch.tv/CrunchyDeliciousDoveUncleNox

For anybody that didn’t watch the Anime Expo stream, Arash’s VA did the full Stella NP chant again, and it’s still good.
[/quote]

Arash is everyone’s hero.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Well, Drake wasn't really who I was looking for, but she's still my first 5* Rider so she'll do. Getting two 5* CEs was something of a waste of luck, since I've already got an MLB'd Heaven's Feel, and the other was Ideal Holy King.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

hmm yes, a normal reaction

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Ok, so, I got some sour grapes because I couldn't roll the paid gatcha, so I used a 30 on the Anniversary gatcha.

Da Vinci
Atalante
Leisure Stroll
Partake with the King

Ok, so Gatcha continues to be good to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Rolled on the Knight banner because honestly I was far more excited to get any of the servants on that than on Cavalry, where I already had best boy Waver, Iskander, and Vlad for 5-stars, and Jack has never interested me. Got a gold lancer card and was mentally preparing myself to live with NP 2 Scathach, but it turned out to be Lartoria. Also pulled a few decent CEs that I'm happy about.

Now to begin the grind...