Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/AndroidPolice/status/1015709813177643008

...Huh. Ingress was Niantic's first game and formed a lot of the backbone of Pokemon Go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/AndroidPolice/status/1015709813177643008

...Huh. Ingress was Niantic's first game and formed a lot of the backbone of Pokemon Go.

Welcome to the Resistance, Norman_Jayden_FBI.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The key visual looks like a low-rent Psycho-Pass.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Waffleman_ posted:

The key visual looks like a low-rent Psycho-Pass.

Honestly I'm not expecting anything at all out of this. The "lore" for the Ingress game was about as generic as one could get and I'm pretty sure Ingress has been on life support since Pokemon Go was released.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

chumbler posted:

Cells At Work was fun, and I am interested to see how they will keep it going.

They'll follow the manga more I'd assume, so more diseases as more parts of the body are explored and we get to know more of the body's cells, particularly the immune system. There's no major overarching plots or anything like that. Just problems of smaller or larger severity.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

kater posted:

The only shows that got sirens were attack on Titan and flcl? Dead season dead?

It's a crime against humanity that the new FKMT show, Middle Manager Tonegawa, isn't getting more attention:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldbOej9H6f0
edit: wow really, tonegawa got blocked? https://streamable.com/wuhdf

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jul 8, 2018

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

It's very much my sense of humour but we only really got half an episode to test it out. It's not that much.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Planet With is p. darn good, p. much exactly what I remember of the manga chapters released so far.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Ingress was insanely popular in japan so it makes sense that would get funding. Not sure how the business model works though.

Also cells may be cute, but wait till you see what happens with cytotoxic T cells and that poo poo ain’t gonna be screen friendly.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

Also cells may be cute, but wait till you see what happens with cytotoxic T cells and that poo poo ain’t gonna be screen friendly.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

Ingress was insanely popular in japan so it makes sense that would get funding. Not sure how the business model works though.

Killer T Cells are what you're talking about and they already appeared in the first ep.

Edit: Most of the various cells that make up the immune system will show up based on the OP. Particularly all of the varieties of T Cells

Xelkelvos fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jul 8, 2018

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Sindai posted:

I kept thinking of the nazi werewolf from Helsing because of the hat.

It reminded me of Hellsing in a few ways, actually. Mostly a few of the artistic choices for the comedic bits, the hapless but spunky female protagonist, and white blood cell's fashion and the way he's drawn.

It's weird because in terms of actual story and tone, it's about the furthest thing.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I made a thread for Cells at Work!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3862568

Give me some better suggestions for a thread title.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Hell in a Cells

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Xelkelvos posted:

It's pretty good! Also, please point out how good Tomoaki Maeno is being at Kyo Kusanagi despite not having an Osaka accent.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Waffleman_ posted:

Hell in a Cells
Cell in a Hell
Good Cell Service
ExCellent Service

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Anime is Artery

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Xelkelvos posted:

chumbler posted:

Anime is Artery

quote:

Hataraku Saibou (Cell's At Work)
David Production | Kenichi Suzuki | Kenichi Suzuki ; Yuuko Kakihara | Comedy, Shounen | Manga |Jul 8, 2018
This is a story about you. A tale about the inside of your body... According to a new study, the human body consists of approximately 37 trillion cells. These cells are hard at work every day within a world that is your body. From the oxygen-carrying red blood cells to the bacteria-fighting white blood cells, get to know the unsung heroes and the drama that unfolds inside of you! It's the oddly relatable and interesting story that is the life of cells!
PV
Thread

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Struggling in Vein

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Planet With is the most fun I've had with robots for a very long time. I have zero clue where it's going with all this but I'm extremely invested.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

so Cell's at work is osmosis jones?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If planet with isn't siren'd from the get-go wtf is OP doing. Come on now, son

High score girl's manga is very good so if the anime is remotely as good then it's definitely worth marking as well

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

I watched Planet With and Cells At Work because of the hype in this thread, and guess what! they're both good.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I think people in this thread should talk about Planet With more so I can read them talk about and feel pleased.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Clarste posted:

I think people in this thread should talk about Planet With more so I can read them talk about and feel pleased.

Planet with's first episode shows a ton of promise and based on mizukami's penchant on upending expectations on the reader, I fully predict this will have a startling turn a third or halfway through that will significantly change the tone of the series

As it is the entire concept of the "aliens" weaponizing empathy and grief is interesting as gently caress and the stupid-rear end designs for the "aliens" shown so far in the manga/anime give me some real evangelion or rahxephon vibes. Nonsensical creatures whose designs aren't the point of the conflict. The idea that instead of fighting with conventional weapons the "aliens" make their opponents realize what they will lose if they die, or realize the importance of continuing to live is some real good poo poo my dudes

The mecha designs are top notch, somewhere between ancient south American and Japanese pottery designs similar to huitzil from darkstalkers, and the creepy-rear end cat dude transforming into an overman king gainer-esque super robot by EATING THE PROTAGONIST absolutely rules

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jul 8, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cells at work was great! I thought I wouldn't be able to deal with how cute the platelets are :kimchi:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Planet With is going to be a standout. Mizukami's writing, his talent for short form stories, with some really talented directing. There's just something about how all the scenes are composed and timed that makes it work really well.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'm happy calls its good, put a siren on cells now, please.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

RME posted:

so Cell's at work is osmosis jones?
Less Osmosis Jones and more Ozzy & Drix (because as much as I love his old stand-up work, Chris Rock and Niles Crane will always come in second, Samurai Jack + Johnny Bravo bro'ing it up all the way, baby!)

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Xelkelvos posted:

Killer T Cells are what you're talking about and they already appeared in the first ep.

Edit: Most of the various cells that make up the immune system will show up based on the OP. Particularly all of the varieties of T Cells

CTLs kill the host cells, that's not very cute when anthropomorphized.

My current work with CTLs involves genetically editing them, feeding them the irradiated corpses of other cells, and then testing their ability to kill other cells. It's like I'm making my very own kodoku.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

CTLs kill the host cells, that's not very cute when anthropomorphized.

My current work with CTLs involves genetically editing them, feeding them the irradiated corpses of other cells, and then testing their ability to kill other cells. It's like I'm making my very own kodoku.

You're wrong, shes hella cute.

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

the first episode of Planet With feels like a pretty good FLCL sequel

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I dont know if I'm liking asobi but at the very least it has some good faces

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
wasn't Zoids supposed to start yesterday?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3862592

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Planet With reminds me a lot of Sekai Seifuku, which I didn't like at all; it's sense of humor and weirdness strike me as really mild and dorky, but it seems to be going somewhere unique and interesting w it, so I have a lil more faith in this production, just not really sucked in yet. A wait and see.

Pootybutt fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Jul 8, 2018

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Pootybutt posted:

Planet With reminds me a lot of Sekai Seifuku, which I didn't like at all; it's sense of humor and weirdness strike me as really mild and dorky, but it seems to be going somewhere unique and interesting w it, so I have a lil more faith in this production, just not really sucked in yet. A wait and see.

This is all Satoshi Mizukami Manga by the by.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
:stare:

quote:

Asobi Asobase
Lerche | Seiji Kishi | Yuuko Kakihara | Comedy, Drama, School | Manga | Jul 8, 2018
Hanako, an athletically proficient, yet thick-headed student with a weird fashion sense, plays a game with the American transfer student Olivia. However, their vigor irritated their classmate Kasuki who dislikes playing games since she has always been teased by her sister for being bad at them. With a turn of events, it was found out that Hanako is terrible at English. Thus, she asked her foreign classmate Olivia to help her, but Olivia, who is only born and raised in Japan with foreign parents, can't actually speak English at all! Watch over these three girls' surreal school-life comedy.
PV
Thread

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Julias posted:

This is all Satoshi Mizukami Manga by the by.

I've never read one, so that doesn't mean anything to me. I'm coming in to this show blind.

Pootybutt fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jul 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I have no idea what's going on with Planet With but it's extremely my thing.

• Locked thread