Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

caberham posted:

So sad, I guess that’s why people stick to Okinawa, sure it’s pricey but hey it’s clean

Okinawa is nice, yeah. And while obviously not as cheap as SE Asia, it was cheaper than I had anticipated, I recall prices being similar, or even a bit lower than in Shanghai.

Edit: I should add that air tickets from mainland China to Okinawa are really expensive.

fish and chips and dip fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jul 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

fish and chips and dip posted:

Okinawa is nice, yeah. And while obviously not as cheap as SE Asia, it was cheaper than I had anticipated, I recall prices being similar, or even a bit lower than in Shanghai.

Edit: I should add that air tickets from mainland China to Okinawa are really expensive.

Okinawa is dece but avoid the US Marines there, if possible

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

syscall girl posted:

Okinawa is dece but avoid the US Marines there, if possible

The advice I keep hearing is to have facial hair while you’re there so people know you’re not military

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Pirate Radar posted:

The advice I keep hearing is to have facial hair while you’re there so people know you’re not military

hehehehe

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I swear this endless advertising for big headed child and small headed dad the movie 3 is a manchurian trigger except it ends with me lobbying hollywood for more odd shaped head family movies

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

fish and chips and dip posted:

Japan just isn't as expensive as everyone thinks. Used to be, but prices in Japan haven't changed in literally decades because of the economic issues and now Japan is not crazy. No Japanese cities make the most expensive lists anymore.

There are exceptions though, like the shinkansen is absurd and even intercity buses are shocking compared to other parts of Asia.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Give me a family whose heads are all different units of currency who are in a rivalry with the phone pay 2d barcode family

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Japan is still miles ahead of its surrounding countries when it comes to tourism.

South east Asia is just dirt cheap compared to japan and that’s why you have these budget airlines flying out of japan because if I’m from Shikoku, I rather go to Hong Kong or some south East Asian destination like Bangkok instead of going to tokyo for the holiday.

If I want a decent lunch in Tokyo , it’s going to at least cost me 2000 yen minimum and average 3000 yen, whereas in Bangkok I have waaaay more options

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The Great Autismo! posted:

anyway, lastly, about the pro-prc meltdown, he is correct to an extent. there are a lot of people here who poo poo on china, and if you're married to a Chinese person, try not to poo poo on china because it really does have an affect on your children. as I've posted a billion times before, I really like china and am happy I lived there, please remember that I am so positive about china forums admin Grand Fromage said I should probably seek professional help and people in this thread have accused me of having Stockholm syndrome, but yes china has its problems, and sometimes people are careless with their words and that can be hurtful. I get that.

Have a Taiwanese wife and continue to make fun of China, best of both worlds

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Watch as the world slowly goes along with China and your family turn into political refugees.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

caberham posted:

I rather go to Hong Kong or some south East Asian destination like Bangkok instead of going to tokyo for the holiday.

You rather go to Osaka

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

caberham posted:

If I want a decent lunch in Tokyo , it’s going to at least cost me 2000 yen minimum and average 3000 yen

:raise:

you can eat some great and filling food--even steak--for like :10bux: my man you just got to know where to look. like if i want a meal and a really nice dessert, at an entirely separate place, then yeah that'll run me 2000 ental but $20-30 for just the one meal? you need to stop eating on the top floor of sky tree brah

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Jul 7, 2018

Barudak
May 7, 2007

20 dollars for lunch? I said I want the tuhao special!!!

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

no zuo no fu er die

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
That’s the secret that people who travel a lot will often not let you know. Turns out you can visit a place tons of times and not really know poo poo about it other than the surface level.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

The White Dragon posted:

:raise:

you can eat some great and filling food--even steak--for like :10bux: my man you just got to know where to look. like if i want a meal and a really nice dessert, at an entirely separate place, then yeah that'll run me 2000 ental but $20-30 for just the one meal? you need to stop eating on the top floor of sky tree brah

You know I’m actually racking my brain here.

I guess in my mind my go to places would be

Unagi
Sushi
Tonkatsu
Seafood rice bowl
Tempura

- if you want the good filling a good 2k is baseline

And filling places would be

Beef rice
Ramen - some like afuri are amazing and taste above their costs
Curry rice
Cutlet sandwiches

This would be 1k

Both categories are good but if I prefer seafood which happens to be in the top category

caberham fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Jul 7, 2018

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Pro PRC Laowai posted:

That ship sailed a long time ago

I figured I’d be banned yesterday honestly, now that I’m still here I’m not sure what to do. I’ll let you all get back to it and go bother the rest of the forums until I trigger someone enough to finally get booted out

Hello friend. I lurk this thread for the plunging stories but I feel like you should sever ties with your dad if even 1/4 of the poo poo you said is true. You should stop posting in this thread and go get therapy. Unless it is therapeutic for you to post in this thread. If that is the case don't stop posting to try to go get banned you need an outlet for your anger it isnt healthy to be so angry about anything but its worse if its about someone society says you should love. I was really angry about familial poo poo but my situation wasn't even like close to half as bad as yours. You have justified anger but I would still seek out help dealing with it. If youre in the states go to your gp and ask for a place with 1 on 1 or group therapy which ever you feel you would be more comfortable with. You may need medication but don't just accept medication try to find a therapist which will help you find coping mechanisms first before prescribing pills. You should bring all of your worries up with your gp so they can try to find you the best therapist.

Back to the posts about 3 peice suits and plunging

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Eat regular food in Tokyo and eat fancier in the inaka where it's cheaper, fresh and you don't need to line up.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

This is my favorite video that shows what it's really like living in Asia

Psy - Hangover ft. Snoop Dogg
https://youtu.be/HkMNOlYcpHg

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

caberham posted:

711 onigiri and a Boss Coffee

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
New theory on Pro PRC Laowai = That self-loathing Indian guy that got banned in his own India thread.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Nice

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Boss of them all since 1992

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:

this is why I don't let my kids hang out with white people

Anyway, here's the official propaganda song for Greater Bay Area, complete with English rhymes and terrible raps

https://youtu.be/0px6zK-oIFc

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Boooo beep booooo beeeeee reeee

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

caberham posted:

Unagi
Sushi
Tonkatsu
Seafood rice bowl
Tempura

- if you want the good filling a good 2k is baseline

And filling places would be

Beef rice
Ramen - some like afuri are amazing and taste above their costs
Curry rice
Cutlet sandwiches

This would be 1k

Both categories are good but if I prefer seafood which happens to be in the top category

Not lunch but evening:
Yakitori. Beer. Kabuchiko.

Good fuckin times man

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Fuuuuuck San Andreas fault is a super cheesy but well shot holly wood movie.

If only the Chinese film studios can film a shanghai or Hong Kong earth quake disaster movies where important yet emotionally cheap characters like the protagonist aka the rock’s daughter die.

Oh wait the scene is so dragged out for ages she actually lives and coughs out water from not drowning to death

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Dr.Radical posted:

That’s the secret that people who travel a lot will often not let you know. Turns out you can visit a place tons of times and not really know poo poo about it other than the surface level.

Yeah no poo poo, you can spend a lifetime in any city on earth and not know it fully.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me

caberham posted:

50% off sushi from the department store after 8pm.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Pro PRC is Hugh Grant's son

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

caberham posted:

fair enough, i'm american as hell so food like beef don is just right for me, and that poo poo is sooooo cheap.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
cant go wrong with a staple like crab rangoon

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

anybody got any more of those funny china gifs and videos?

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

snergle posted:

Back to the posts about 3 peice suits and plunging

Lol just lol if your suit only has 3 pieces

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I never wear less than ten pieces of suit.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Grand Fromage posted:

I never wear less than ten pieces of suit.

this man has 3.333 times as much face as i do

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

this man has 3.333 times as much face as i do

He’s not *that* fat

CIGNX
May 7, 2006

You can trust me

LimburgLimbo posted:

He’s not *that* fat

You do not need fat face to have much face