Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

The Bloop posted:

Haha you can splat them while they're all lined up on the back wall? If so :woomy:

It took me the most tries of any test probably, but it's doable. Intercepting them on/near the pads is key

I had more trouble with The bingo level. Then I realized you could knock the balls out of the holes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

that was the last level I did. I used the roller on someone’s suggestion in here; killing them quickly is key. took a bunch of tries. basically just learn where they spawn and try to kill them quickly and just keep at it till you squeak by, that’s what I did. and grab splashdown or something for an emergency

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

unpronounceable posted:

I had more trouble with The bingo level. Then I realized you could knock the balls out of the holes.

The worst one was the blow up all the boxes in one hit fish balloon level

It just wasn't fun to try over and over. It didn't feel like an accomplishment like beating :orb:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Using a roller and killing as many enemies as you can while they spawn in is the best way to do it. Make sure to kill the ones about to use specials.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

So general consensus is the DLC is good and worth it? I enjoyed the first player mode for the most part. It was really nice to play while having long phone conversations since it was generally much slower paced than multiplayer. If it's good I'll pick it up once I finish HK and Mario Tennis's Story Mode.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
It's crazy good. The level design is on a whole other plane of existence than Octo Valley. It's pretty hard though.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

It's really really good but also extremely difficult and frustrating.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I can live with that. The Switch has been really good this summer. There may be no "full" games I'm really interested in, but smaller rich experiences are really great.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Octo expansion sounds cool but I don't really have time for more single player content right now. I'd pay for more multiplayer content, but I guess we already get that for free, so I've got nothing to complain about!!
Whaddya doin here Nintendo, being nice or something? :)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:woomy:

https://twitter.com/In__Training/status/1015650950470459392

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This might be a first for me today, I played 2 hours of ranked and never saw a single disconnect on any team.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

In Training posted:

This might be a first for me today, I played 2 hours of ranked and never saw a single disconnect on any team.

You rarely get those the higher you get. This is probably because the players are not only good but can keep their connections alive.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Beat the orb level! Killing them as soon as they landed whenever possible was definitely key to victory there.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

:woomy:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Kaethela posted:

Beat the orb level! Killing them as soon as they landed whenever possible was definitely key to victory there.

:veemo:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Kaethela posted:

:woomy: Meanwhile one of the rail jumping & target shooting ones gave me an absolute fit and took 12 tries. It happens.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Girl Power Station was awful. It's the only level I've lost money on so far with 60 mem cakes.

Took until I said 'gently caress it' and switched to the Heavy Splatling instead of using the roller before I managed it, possibly because I actually know how to use that weapon.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

heh

https://twitter.com/sodypops03/status/1015869918292537345

que sera sera fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jul 8, 2018

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
For some reason the pink and yellow ink combo makes me think of ice cream. Banana split?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Encountered my first star 99 today :staredog:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Do you like region exclusive gear? No? Too bad, Japan is getting 4 entirely new sets exclusive to it!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

For some reason the pink and yellow ink combo makes me think of ice cream. Banana split?

pink and yellow makes me really hungry too, but I get a strawberry/banana starburst vibe from it.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

It's clearly a fruit salads tribute. Or a battenberg maybe.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Fetus posted:

Do you like region exclusive gear? No? Too bad, Japan is getting 4 entirely new sets exclusive to it!

Dumb and bad unless you can get it from urchin boy

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

The Bloop posted:

Dumb and bad unless you can get it from urchin boy

You can't ever order gear you can't buy from the in-game stores from Murch.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
No fair I wanna be a Reservoir Dogs character too

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

These don't seem like full sets. At least I can see three sets where the shoes aren't new. In fact all 4 sets are wearing the same spy jacket with blue tie. Unless I am missing something, this isn't that bad. That being said, it still sucks. I want those glasses and goggles.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Fetus posted:

You can't ever order gear you can't buy from the in-game stores from Murch.

Well, so far. :v:

But yeah I'm just saying it's dumb unless there is some reasonable way for others to get it

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Zaphod42 posted:

Nah its after the expansion chronologically, becuase Pearl points out that lots of people have "new hairstyles". So she's aware that there's suddenly octos in town, she just... found a way to ignore it :downs:

I read it as that she knows, but most squids don't and she doesn't want Marina to say too much

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

raditts posted:

I read it as that she knows, but most squids don't and she doesn't want Marina to say too much

It's well established at this point that she won't hesitate to cut a fish in order to protect the fresh octoling population of Inkopolis.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
Forever burned by the exclusivity of the gold white Eminence set.

Jiang Shi
Oct 9, 2012

It finally happened

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Jiang Shi posted:

It finally happened

I wish you'd get a pop up for other hazard levels too, and not have to guess based on the quota.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Idk why it took me so long to get splat2 after loving 1 but it did. I’ve been playing it a lot since I picked it up last weekend and I gotta say that even at A/S rank, clam blitz is horrible

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Jiang Shi posted:

It finally happened

nice

did u give them what for

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Kashuno posted:

Idk why it took me so long to get splat2 after loving 1 but it did. I’ve been playing it a lot since I picked it up last weekend and I gotta say that even at A/S rank, clam blitz is horrible

I love the fact that it's so easy for teammates to completely screw eachother over and all end up with 9 clams. Even if you go out of your way to be a team player, if all three other squids on your team aren't playing along you're still in trouble.

Jiang Shi
Oct 9, 2012

Smiles posted:

nice

did u give them what for

We won!

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

niiiice

i got to 850 this run but still no hazard level max :(

cant wait for the next salmon run set tho, luna blaster, dynamo roller, dapple dualies and splat charger gonna be so good

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jiang Shi posted:

It finally happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObskzbcsvE0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Fedule posted:

I wish you'd get a pop up for other hazard levels too, and not have to guess based on the quota.

It just means you hit max difficulty, which has a quota of 21/23/25.

Difficulty scales linearly between certain thresholds. Typically this is just between ranks, but there's a bit of a spike between Profreshional 100 and 600. Though if any of you want to know how exactly the difficulty changes things, here's a basic writeup of what changes.