Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Lord Koth posted:

Well, Drake wasn't really who I was looking for, but she's still my first 5* Rider so she'll do. Getting two 5* CEs was something of a waste of luck, since I've already got an MLB'd Heaven's Feel, and the other was Ideal Holy King.

I've liked Ideal Holy King in Camelot. Extra HP is never a huge deal, but it's nice to have something you can toss on your backline servants to improve the survivability of all three of your plan A team. I sometimes find that by the time George comes out with a Merciless One, say, it's already too late to do any good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Paid gacha got me my 6th Vlad. :saddowns:

At least the banner gave me a Da Vinci.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Where my anniversary 30 quartz DW

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Paid gacha got me... NP2 Ozy :negative:
I only had a 20% chance to get a repeat, why did I have to hit it?

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

^^^Oh, hi there, fellow dupe Ozy receiver.

The paid banner was pretty mediocre for me. Got just one 5* who of course happened to be my second Ozy. It's my first dupe 5* though so I guess it would happen sooner or later.

Did one roll on the banner and got nothing except Leisure Stroll, which I won't complain about.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Did they seriously translate Hanabi as 'Fire Flower'

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Robviously posted:

Paid gacha got me my 6th Vlad. :saddowns:

At least the banner gave me a Da Vinci.

Congrats on your induction into the Unregistered Spirit Origin club, my dude.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

dogsicle posted:

hmm yes, a normal reaction

I mean, when people are posting multiple 5* Servants on their paid rolls, getting two 5* CEs, ones it's debatable I'll ever use at that (can't think of any reason to start MLBing a second Heaven's Feel, and Ideal Holy King is really niche), isn't really what I want to get lucky on.

As for Drake... she's okay but honestly she was probably only sitting ahead of a Waver or Tamamo copy in terms who I would have liked for the guaranteed slot. Still decent, still probably going to be used once I actually get another good set of EXP cards, but not really one of the options I was particularly excited about on the PAID banner.

NRVNQSR posted:

I've liked Ideal Holy King in Camelot. Extra HP is never a huge deal, but it's nice to have something you can toss on your backline servants to improve the survivability of all three of your plan A team. I sometimes find that by the time George comes out with a Merciless One, say, it's already too late to do any good.

...I'll admit I was actually thinking of Golden Millenium Tree's effect when I saw it, so it's a fair bit better than I was first thinking - though it's still niche. A passive extra 1000 HP for the entire party from the back row is definitely potentially useful, though given its 5* cost it is still fairly hard to fit in.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

I mean, when people are posting multiple 5* Servants on their paid rolls, getting two 5* CEs, ones it's debatable I'll ever use at that (can't think of any reason to start MLBing a second Heaven's Feel, and Ideal Holy King is really niche), isn't really what I want to get lucky on.

my post was meant to be under the guy having a fit at endorph's post, but i guess i missed the timing. gomen

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I rolled on the anniversary Gacha and got a new Anne+Mary, so they're NP2 now. Yay

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

After playing Camelot I now understand that all fan comics lie. I will consider contributing to FGO's approaching two billion revenue tomorrow.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

I got cool uncle Vlad from Guaranteed but I didn't get Vinci. Greed sensor knew how much I was willing to whale.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Pausa gacha gave me... NP2 Waver.
Da Vinci banner gave me... NP2 Tamamo.
And then, two rolls later, Da Vinci!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

After playing Camelot I now understand that all fan comics lie. I will consider contributing to FGO's approaching two billion revenue tomorrow.

Lancer Artoria is a softie.

Her interlude is basically Merlin bullying her into admitting she likes you (in some undefined capacity), it's one of my favorite ones. :kimchi:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The fancomics about Lartoria being a good dad to Mordred are bullshit though.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Rogue 7 posted:

Rolled on the Knight banner because honestly I was far more excited to get any of the servants on that than on Cavalry, where I already had best boy Waver, Iskander, and Vlad for 5-stars, and Jack has never interested me. Got a gold lancer card and was mentally preparing myself to live with NP 2 Scathach, but it turned out to be Lartoria. Also pulled a few decent CEs that I'm happy about.

Now to begin the grind...

I don't know why you would have thought you'd get a limited servant that's not in the summon.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I don't know why you would have thought you'd get a limited servant that's not in the summon.

Lol tats what I get for not reading closely.

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

I'm not usually one to complain but... really game?

The only servants I have from this banner is Vlad and Waver and I would even have been fine just getting NP2 for one of them even or literally anyone else than Medb.

Can't believe I paid money for this ugh...

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
On one hand, I guess it was nice to be absolutely guaranteed something new with the paid gacha since I didn't have anything on the cavalry banner, but on the other hand I paid $40 for a Vlad, a Meph, a Medea, and two Caster Cu's. So basically just Vlad, and Vlad sure as poo poo isn't worth $40. I'd say I won't roll on this the next time it comes around but I'm sure I will and I'm sure I'll end up complaining about the exact same thing. :rolldice:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Medb's a weird-rear end case in that while I do not have her I am 100% happy with getting NP2 Sanzang over her. Between Santa, Kintoki, Anne & Mary, Ozy, and Martha I am just kinda good on Riders and can't see ever finding a use for her. The same could I guess technically be said for Drake but I think she offers enough utility that I'd have been fine with her. Medb, not so much.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Oh Snapple! posted:

Medb's a weird-rear end case in that while I do not have her I am 100% happy with getting NP2 Sanzang over her. Between Santa, Kintoki, Anne & Mary, Ozy, and Martha I am just kinda good on Riders and can't see ever finding a use for her. The same could I guess technically be said for Drake but I think she offers enough utility that I'd have been fine with her. Medb, not so much.

Drake is probably the best farming Rider around, so even with the riders you already have she would be a good pickup, Medb does not really bring anything special to the table gameplay wise so she's a pretty terrible pickup if you already have a good ST rider, and you certainly do have plenty in that category.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

NP2 Sanzang. :toot: Not the best case for me (which would've been Tamamo, or maybe Cuzilla or Nightingale) but far better than the worst case of and NP3 Waver. She's got a pretty rare niche for the foreseeable future, so extra assassin murdering is nice. Got the 4* CE too, so eh, not the best banner but good enough.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Gave it a go. Got NP2 Tamamo and a crazy nurse. Okie doke.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Asimo posted:

NP2 Sanzang. :toot: Not the best case for me (which would've been Tamamo, or maybe Cuzilla or Nightingale) but far better than the worst case of and NP3 Waver. She's got a pretty rare niche for the foreseeable future, so extra assassin murdering is nice. Got the 4* CE too, so eh, not the best banner but good enough.

She actually hits surprisingly hard for a caster at NP2, plus she gets an NP upgrade eventually so her NP damage will go from 800% at NP2 to 1000%, which is insanely high for an ST buster NP. All of that is further emphasized by the fact that she can NP spam like crazy with her insane NP gain, 3 arts cards and instant NP gain skill.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Pureauthor posted:

They are, because Lancer Alter is the true best dad, and Nightingale the true best mom.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Got my NP4 Waver from the guaranteed gacha. Suffice to say, I'm not pleased with that outcome, with him being the only servant in the entire banner I didn't want to see...

Da Vinci came home though, and that helps dilute the salt. :shobon:

I have exactly 0 Phoenix Plumes, so I guess I should spend all these apples farming the Saber 30 AP daily for her 3rd ascension at least.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Traveller posted:

They are, because Lancer Alter is the true best dad, and Nightingale the true best mom.

Alters>Vanillas

It is known.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
20% chance of a dupe and got it (NP 2 Drake). Rank E luck indeed.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

No dupe chance, pulled Tamamo Astolfo and NP2 Marie. Fully worth it.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

So here I am, about to give Arash some embers to get him up to level 50 so I can do his rank up quest, and I can't seem to find him. Apparently I used him for exp at some point.

Apparently you can still do interludes even if you got rid of the servant.

I guess I will have to wait to get him back until the summer event, were I will spend all of my Friend Points in a failed attempt to get 5 copies of the 3 star CE.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/8wyjd5/happy_anniversary/

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

50% dupe chance for rolling in Cavalry - still got the one servant I wanted out of the entire roll the most, Jack. :toot:

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!

Pureauthor posted:

Did they seriously translate Hanabi as 'Fire Flower'

But it wasn't hanabi? It was literally fire flower

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Did my garenteed paid gacha and five 10-pulls on Da Vinci. Got Altria (Meh) and Da Vinci-chan as my 5*s, but I got some really good 4*s in the form of Artria Lalter, Berserkerlot, and Rama.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

dogsicle posted:

my post was meant to be under the guy having a fit at endorph's post, but i guess i missed the timing. gomen

No worries, it just seemed to fit as a response to my post so well. :v:

In other news, I eventually noticed the roll gave me not one, but TWO Caster Cus too, so now I've got him at NP3! That's... something?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Well, not Medb is not Medb, so I guess I can't complain too much.

Are there any decent budget alternatives to Volumen on Cu Alter? I've been trying to remember any other CEs with invulnerability, but nothing comes to mind.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

cyxx posted:

But it wasn't hanabi? It was literally fire flower

Huh. My bad then. Colour me surprised.

Now the other question is why they called it Fire Flower in kana.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

NRVNQSR posted:

Well, not Medb is not Medb, so I guess I can't complain too much.

Are there any decent budget alternatives to Volumen on Cu Alter? I've been trying to remember any other CEs with invulnerability, but nothing comes to mind.

Invincible is very rare on CEs (hence part of yhe reason everyone goes gaga for VH) . There's a White Day CE that grants it for 1 turn, and some Bond CEs like George's, IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Necromancy CE is a cheaper alternative (as long as you don't completely depend on it since it's essentially a coin flip every time it triggers)