Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Spidey was right though. He's not a mutant. He wasn't born with his powers.
He's a mutate :pseudo: as is Deadpool and everyone else who had their DNA hosed with after they were born. At least, I think mutate is the word.

E: of course I top a new page while phoneposting at work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Spidey was right though. He's not a mutant. He wasn't born with his powers.
He's a mutate :pseudo: as is Deadpool and everyone else who had their DNA hosed with after they were born. At least, I think mutate is the word.

E: of course I top a new page while phoneposting at work

truly no-prize worthy

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

*slams desk*
SPIDERMAN'S A MENACE!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Push El Burrito posted:

Orson Scott Card had interesting ideas about how people make friends in Ultimate Iron Man.

It's fairly well known that Orson Scott Card is a terrible person and huge bigot, I'm not surprised this is about as subtle he can write on racial issues.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Push El Burrito posted:

Orson Scott Card had interesting ideas about how people make friends in Ultimate Iron Man.

Wow, and everyone only talked about Tony Stark being made mostly of brain as the dumb thing in Orson Scott Card's Ultimate Iron Man

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Who had the bright idea to let Orson Scott Card write a comic book?

Anyway, my favorite thing about transplants from the Ultimate universe is that they still speak in lowercase. At least when the writer/letterer remembers.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I mostly hated how the young bad guy and his henchmen were threatening to molest Tony Stark.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Rochallor posted:

DC nearly put him on a Superman title until fan backlash caused them to put it "on hiatus" forever.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Rochallor posted:

Anyway, my favorite thing about transplants from the Ultimate universe is that they still speak in lowercase. At least when the writer/letterer remembers.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Push El Burrito posted:

Wow. What year is this from? I want to be sure I correctly calibrate my bewilderment at this actually being published.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
He had two Iron Man mini-series. One ran from March 2005-February 2006, the second from December 2007-July 2008. I don't know which one those pages are from because gently caress if I was going to waste my time reading an Orson Scott Card comic in the 21st century.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Push El Burrito posted:

I like how that business has a legally distinct name, which Peter (?) completely ignores.

Is there any more context to this? To me it looks like he's stranded in the middle of nowhere and has to hitchhike, but decides to be the most insufferable prick towards the nice stranger who gave him a ride.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

cant cook creole bream posted:

I like how that business has a legally distinct name, which Peter (?) completely ignores.

Is there any more context to this? To me it looks like he's stranded in the middle of nowhere and has to hitchhike, but decides to be the most insufferable prick towards the nice stranger who gave him a ride.

its teenage Tony Stark and James Rhodes "becoming friends"

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Alaois posted:

its teenage Tony Stark and James Rhodes "becoming friends"

Is Rhodes about a decade older than him?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

cant cook creole bream posted:

It's still Kentucky Fried to me. :colbert:

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
From forever ago, but:

prefect posted:

I don't remember Sue's FASERIP, but I'm pretty sure Johnny only had "Good" levels of Reason.

I actually dug out my old Marvel Super-Heroes stuff the other day for reasons. Reed has a Reason of AMAZING (50), while Sue, Ben, and Johnny all have GOOD (10). She-Hulk only has TYPICAL (6), which seems low for a lawyer.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

There is no loving way Johnny is as smart as Sue, or smarter than Ben. He's a stupid rear end in a top hat.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

There is no loving way Johnny is as smart as Sue, or smarter than Ben. He's a stupid rear end in a top hat.

MARVEL POWER GRIDS DO NOT LIE. But no he's not as smart as Sue.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Lurdiak posted:

Savidudeosoo
Feb 12, 2016

Pelican, a Bag Man
What is a nuclear lock and how is it different from a normal locking mechanism.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Savidudeosoo posted:

The lock is made from uranium and the key has to be non-fissionable material.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Secret Wars #6: Our Heroes are scattered to the wind. God Doom is after them. And now a new player has entered the fray

Secret Wars #7: The Phophet is revelaed

Disproportionation
Feb 20, 2011

Oh god it's the Clone Saga all over again.

Savidudeosoo posted:

blows up if it gets hot

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Secret Wars #6: Our Heroes are scattered to the wind. God Doom is after them. And now a new player has entered the fray

Secret Wars #7: The Phophet is revelaed

Who is Maximus?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its him you idiot! Maximus!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Maximus the Mad, the other king of the Inhumans.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Maximus Boltagon is Blackagar Boltagon's brother and rival for the throne, he is a little bit mental and his Inhuman power is basically to extend that to other people in his vicinity.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ghostlight posted:

Maximus Boltagon is Blackagar Boltagon's brother and rival for the throne, he is a little bit mental and his Inhuman power is basically to extend that to other people in his vicinity.

He's also a super-science genius guy. And he can understand Groot-speak. Maybe.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

A Strange Aeon posted:

Who is Maximus?

Imagine if Trump declared himself God King and someone sparked a revolution and took the mantle of a prophet but then turned out to be Richard Dawkins

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

A Strange Aeon posted:

Who is Maximus?

Maximus is a cool dude who just shows up every now and then to gently caress poo poo up and yell his name

FF#9

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ghostlight posted:

So does he also go by Max Bolt?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Maximus is a cool dude who just shows up every now and then to gently caress poo poo up and yell his name

FF#9

"Noooo!" :geno:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

FF#9

He's not murdering Alpha Primitives there, is he? :ohdear:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Yeah I don't know who did the art on these but they could photo reference a bit less.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That's definitely Guice.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

chitoryu12 posted:

So does he also go by Max Bolt?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

That's definitely Guice.

Ooooh. Incorrect. Sorry. The name we were looking for was Steve Epting. Better luck next time!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Ooooh. Incorrect. Sorry. The name we were looking for was Steve Epting. Better luck next time!

Ah yes. I got my "super poo poo in the 90's but somehow became excellent 20 years later" artists confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

prefect posted:

He's not murdering Alpha Primitives there, is he? :ohdear:
Don't worry, they're just evolved moloids.