Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Say Nothing posted:

Did this thread get merged with the cute thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Welcome to our Brave New World, buddy.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

The Bloop posted:

You're in a desert walking along in the sand when all of the sudden you look down, and you see God. It's crawling toward you. You reach down, you flip God over on its back. God lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to turn itself over, but it can't, not without your help. But you're not helping. Why is that?

I read the script, bitch. I know we're all replicants. Also, if you meet god turtle on your path, kill him.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

chitoryu12 posted:

James and Sean Gunn are wonderful.

Troma in general is pretty great

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

Say Nothing posted:

Did this thread get merged with the cute thread?

All prayers and hopes and dreams and threads should be directed thusly.

All.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

chitoryu12 posted:

James and Sean Gunn are wonderful.

And so helpful, too!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

trickybiscuits posted:

It's surprising how often he is the voice of reason considering his career started with Troma.

Does Troma have a reputation for being unprofessional?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You see a man in a suit with a raccoon on his shoulder and ask if he's unprofessional? Obviously he's one of the most professional men to ever live, raccoons don't hang out with punks.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Unless I’m missing something, Troma Entertainment was a severely low budget production and distribution house. It was the birthplace of masterpieces like Toxic Avenger, Nuke ‘em High, and my personal favorite from the late 80’s era: Sgt Kabukiman NYPD.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Proteus Jones posted:

Unless I’m missing something, Troma Entertainment was a severely low budget production and distribution house. It was the birthplace of masterpieces like Toxic Avenger, Nuke ‘em High, and my personal favorite from the late 80’s era: Sgt Kabukiman NYPD.

Well yeah. But I figured working with a shoestring budget tended to mean you need to be reasonably competent at what you're doing, or at least have a good place to learn.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Proteus Jones posted:

I've only seen Toxic Avenger when I was really high but my conclusion is it is better than it should be

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

syscall girl posted:

I've only seen Toxic Avenger when I was really high but my conclusion is it is better than it should be

Pretty much everything Troma does is incredible. You don't need a gigantic budget to make entertaining movies. I haven't seen every Troma movie but I have yet to see one that wasn't entertaining. Chopper Chicks in Zombietown is still one of my favorite movies ever. It's a stupid low budget zombie movie. It knows it's a stupid low budget zombie movie. It just runs with the fact that it's a stupid low budget zombie movie and refuses to stop for any reason, ever.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

There was a Toxic Avenger cartoon for children. It was even more ridiculous than the premise makes it sound. Catchy theme song.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

My mom tells me a story about how we rented Toxic Avenger for my brother's birthday sleepover. Until then, we'd only seen the TV edit which of course leaves out the graphic rape scene. Oops!

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

Former DILF posted:

My mom tells me a story about how we rented Toxic Avenger for my brother's birthday sleepover. Until then, we'd only seen the TV edit which of course leaves out the graphic rape scene. Oops!

Imagine what it must have been like for kids who only knew of the 90’s cartoon.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There was a Toxic Avenger cartoon for children. It was even more ridiculous than the premise makes it sound. Catchy theme song.

yeah i saw that before seeing toxic avenger (now for adults)

it was called toxic crusaders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf2_g52p__Y

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Samuringa posted:

Turn On your monitor.

:3:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Former DILF posted:

I had something similar (if super toned down) happen to me watching Terminator, of all things. I really don't know how I somehow only watched versions that had bits taken out of it to avoid seeing Linda Hamilton's breasts for so long, but I was sure as poo poo surprised.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

MisterBibs posted:

I had something similar (if super toned down) happen to me watching Terminator, of all things. I really don't know how I somehow only watched versions that had bits taken out of it to avoid seeing Linda Hamilton's breasts for so long, but I was sure as poo poo surprised.

Wait, wait, wait. What?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

MisterBibs posted:

Yes, please elaborate on Linda Hamilton's breasts.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Are you guys thinking of T2? You totally see her nips in the original Terminator.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Are you guys thinking of T2? You totally see her nips in the original Terminator.

To be fair, most people have probably not watched the original Terminator

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

terminator is a better movie than terminator 2

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
In the sex scene with Kyle Reese, she's topless for most of it.

It was heavily cut in basically every TV screening and a lot of the home VHS copies as well.

punchymcpunch posted:

:hai:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

punchymcpunch posted:

I like them both equally :smugdog:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

terminator 5 should be abotu the kid who puts the icecream in sarah connor's apron in terminator 1 and hes still a kid and the machines are comin after him cos if he never does that then she never becomes the leader of the resistance

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Randaconda posted:

I like them both equally :smugdog:
Yeah it's a real Alien/Aliens thing. They're both great but they're great in different ways.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Darkhold posted:

Yeah it's a real Alien/Aliens thing. They're both great but they're great in different ways.

That's why I wish they hadn't spoiled Arnold playing the good terminator in the second movie in the trailers. That would have been a nice twist, especially since Robert Patrick looked so clean cut in it.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

you can still enjoy it, because it's a surprise to the characters

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

punchymcpunch posted:

you can still enjoy it, because it's a surprise to the characters

I know, but I would have been amazed when I saw it in the theater. :kiddo:

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Randaconda posted:

That's why I wish they hadn't spoiled Arnold playing the good terminator in the second movie in the trailers. That would have been a nice twist, especially since Robert Patrick looked so clean cut in it.

I can tell you first hand as a kid in the 90s who never had it spoiled, that poo poo was nuts in the theater.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I can tell you first hand as a kid in the 90s who never had it spoiled, that poo poo was nuts in the theater.

It was spoiled by the trailer I saw. :smithcloud:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QXDPzx71jQ

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Randaconda posted:

Keaton was the best Batman

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/sacocho/status/1015615711924781057

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

syscall girl posted:

yeah i saw that before seeing toxic avenger (now for adults)

it was called toxic crusaders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf2_g52p__Y

As I get older I find myself less able to trust my memory implicitly about many things, but late 80s early 90s cartoons are one of those things, and I say this with absolute certainty: there was a Toxic Crusaders action figure toyline

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

"Jon, I ate the Roomba."

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

That's creepy as all get out. I love it.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Randaconda posted:

The opposite of this is done perfectly in Once Upon a Time in the West, when a well-known actor that everyone was used to see playing the good guy Henry Fonda, showed up on screen as the bad guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqTfBysL0wE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Phy posted:

As I get older I find myself less able to trust my memory implicitly about many things, but late 80s early 90s cartoons are one of those things, and I say this with absolute certainty: there was a Toxic Crusaders action figure toyline

I'm pretty sure these cartoons were specifically made to sell action figures or some other form of merchandise, the last followers in the footsteps of Transformers, GI Joe and TMNT before advertising laws changed I think.

I never saw the Street Sharks show but had a few toys from it. They were rubber and chewable. (which says something about my age at the time)