Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Maelstrom is very good if you can get 20 stacks relatively quickly and/or you know the game will last a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Eraflure posted:

Maelstrom is very good if you can get 20 stacks relatively quickly and/or you know the game will last a while.

It's still substantially worse than either of the alternates. Like it might beat out Follow Through if you're fighting someone who is going to let you smack them repeatedly and safely, but that's a big if.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i finished the lost vikings rework that i've been working on and off on for about a year and i wanna die

so far the feedback has been about 50:50 on "it's way too strong" to "it's way too weak", so i'm pretty sure i did something right if people are that divided

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Yrel is a beast and I love her.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

fool_of_sound posted:

It's still substantially worse than either of the alternates. Like it might beat out Follow Through if you're fighting someone who is going to let you smack them repeatedly and safely, but that's a big if.

It really isn't but whatever floats your boat :respek:

Mister No
Jul 15, 2006
Yes.
the only point in mw's favor, is that fully stacked its hilarious to see Thrall, who is already a living V2 rocket, attach a nitrous booster to himself.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Granit Gaming going triple stealth no healer with Abathur

God bless 2018

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I like Maelstrom Weapon because I like the quest ding and if I take Tempest Fury I get to hear extras

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Kith posted:

I like Maelstrom Weapon because I like the quest ding and if I take Tempest Fury I get to hear extras

The triple ding on the final hit is a wonderful sound

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Froghammer posted:

God bless 2018

what the gently caress was that match holy poo poo

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Froghammer posted:

God bless 2018

The triple stealth comp won. :rip: pubs

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I like Maelstrom Weapon because it's satisfying to hear a ding every time I hit someone. :)

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Eraflure posted:

The triple stealth comp won. :rip: pubs

New meta!

That was amazing to watch, Muradin did well considering he was the only guy you could locate on the map

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

SirSamVimes posted:

I like Maelstrom Weapon because it's satisfying to hear a ding every time I hit someone. :)

let me tell you about tychus

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
God drat do I love Yrel and being a big meaty jerk that just never dies and smacks people around.

You’re locked in here with me! :black101:

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Excelsiortothemax posted:

God drat do I love Yrel and being a big meaty jerk that just never dies and smacks people around.

You’re locked in here with me! :black101:

Oh she dies. See the aforementioned HGC Europe game.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Just started running a diablo build that was on the hots subreddit. Focusing the hell out of fire stomp for heals, dps, and spell power. If you can consistently get stomp, flip, stomp, charge, stomp off you end up doing a ton of damage, healing all the damage you may have had, and giving yourself a poo poo load of spell power for lightning breath. Very, very strong.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

fool_of_sound posted:

This is true. Also MW's power is in the late game and is wholly conditional in every way. Conditional to stack and to use. Follow through might do less damage at level 18 if the stars have aligned, but follow through bursts enemies right away which can end the game before that point, and only requires a few smacks to the face to justify.

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

New meta!

That was amazing to watch, Muradin did well considering he was the only guy you could locate on the map

Hey now, they added Aba hats to the minimap :v:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Ugh how am I still getting the kind of player who gets real loving mad that I, as Auriel, didn't sit on top of him, as Johanna, in the solo lane. We had Yrel also, but Johanna demanded the solo lane and wouldn't hear anything else. He started pouting and didn't turn up for objectives, then starting spamming YOUR WELCOME when he, at the end of the game, as we were killing the core, that he finally destroyed a fort.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

fool_of_sound posted:

Ugh how am I still getting the kind of player who gets real loving mad that I, as Auriel, didn't sit on top of him, as Johanna, in the solo lane. We had Yrel also, but Johanna demanded the solo lane and wouldn't hear anything else. He started pouting and didn't turn up for objectives, then starting spamming YOUR WELCOME when he, at the end of the game, as we were killing the core, that he finally destroyed a fort.
Being a giant loving baby knows no ELO.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
With the armor changes, has Anubarak's place changed any? I still seem people picking him plenty on streams. Is he a good all around tank? I like his kit a lot and was wondering about how and when to play him because I never really pay much attention to playing tanks.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

ToastyPotato posted:

With the armor changes, has Anubarak's place changed any? I still seem people picking him plenty on streams. Is he a good all around tank? I like his kit a lot and was wondering about how and when to play him because I never really pay much attention to playing tanks.

Anub is good when you just want to bury the other guy with cc. Many times I've just gotten stunlocked to death by anub and maybe 1 other person. He also tanks decently but he's more off tank imo.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

tanks have a few jobs
1) don’t die
2) lockdown enemies to make them easy for your dps to kill
3) stop enemies from murdering your squishies

Anub is great at 2, reasonable at 3, so/so at 1.

incidentally Garrosh is incredible at all 3 which is why he’s so good!!!

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

How many ranked points does the best hots-goon on SA have?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

tanks have a few jobs
1) don’t die
2) lockdown enemies to make them easy for your dps to kill
3) stop enemies from murdering your squishies

Anub is great at 2, reasonable at 3, so/so at 1.

incidentally Garrosh is incredible at all 3 which is why he’s so good!!!

Just curious, do bruisers have any specific jobs? Or is it just "do damage/get kills"?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Got all new pc stuff and now I get shutdowns in hots! No other game seems to do it. Lots of threads on blizzard and nothing.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

As in blue screens or game exits?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Minorkos posted:

How many ranked points does the best hots-goon on SA have?

I have a spreadsheet of goon hotslogs accounts from when we did an in-house tournament. I'm not about to doxx goons though :cmon:

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

i have every ranked points and also gilly is my gf

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Maelstrom weapon is my go to choice for crushing chromies. When she temporal loops you, just rocket in and kill her.

I don't know about it being objectively worse, but I think it's situational (like above-mentioned case). Really depends on enemy comp. Lots of fatties makes ancestral wrath get tons of value. Up against a team that picked a bunch of skillshot mages, maybe not so much.

Hotslog shows MW as being 50.8% winrate, vs. 51.5 and 51.2 for the other two talents.

Fake edit - I also think movement speed is really under valued in general.

Erdricks fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jul 8, 2018

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Froghammer posted:

God bless 2018

Wanna see this! What match was this? The only thing recently that I can find on Youtube is vs. Fnatic and none of the 5 matches are it.

Edit: NM! Found it on Twitch.

Double edit: Ahahahaha Trickslyr: "Please don't win... I don't want this to be a comp... In my games...."

Doom Rooster fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jul 8, 2018

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010

Kith posted:

i finished the lost vikings rework that i've been working on and off on for about a year and i wanna die

so far the feedback has been about 50:50 on "it's way too strong" to "it's way too weak", so i'm pretty sure i did something right if people are that divided

I'm impressed with the amount of work you put into this. I don't know enough about the hero's to give proper input but felt the effort was worth congratulating.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

BrianBoitano posted:

As in blue screens or game exits?

Just hard shut downs. It may have stopped but it was real weird.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Doom Rooster posted:

Wanna see this! What match was this? The only thing recently that I can find on Youtube is vs. Fnatic and none of the 5 matches are it.

Double edit: Ahahahaha Trickslyr: "Please don't win... I don't want this to be a comp... In my games...."

Time stamp? Link?

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Doom Rooster posted:

It's fun to watch. They are hanging on by their fingernails and a couple ganks until 20 when they hit God mode.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

ToastyPotato posted:

Time stamp? Link?

Strange how the results sites don't link to these.. But found it on Twitch:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/281994122

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

ToastyPotato posted:

Time stamp? Link?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/281994122

The buildup to the fun starts right at 6:00.

Edit: Half-beaten!

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

It's fun to watch. They are hanging on by their fingernails and a couple ganks until 20 when they hit God mode.

I got 25 minutes into it and was like "It's 18:6 Zealots, is this actually the right game? Did they run the same comp twice? This isn't nearly as goo... :vince:

I don't think that I have ever seen a Garrosh get melted as fast as at 29:10.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Thanks guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

smarion2 posted:

I'm impressed with the amount of work you put into this. I don't know enough about the hero's to give proper input but felt the effort was worth congratulating.

Thank you! I have like eight other reworks that I need to post because I promised myself I wouldn't post anything else until TLV was done. Turns out that was a really loving dumb decision because TLV took roughly a year to do and Blizzard wound up reworking Varian before I could :smithicide: