Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Calibanibal posted:

i dont compromise w/ facscists like hillary rodham clinton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

white sauce posted:

All the old :abuela: shills secretly want her to run again. They see her as a tragically betrayed mother figure and doggone it they’re gonna make sure she gets her turn

it's more accurate to say they want anyone but a progressive, and if they try for the centrist again hillary will move mountains to force herself into the nominee spot for the 40th time

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

The Nastier Nate posted:

if democrats cant hold Florida in the face of:

1.most unpopular president in my lifetime
2. an influx of Puerto Ricans with a vendetta against the gop
3. swing state Obama won twice

then they deserve to lose

also here's a dumb question but if Rick Scott wanted to learn spanish why didn't he do it during his 8 years as governor?

do puerto ricans actually have a vendetta against the GOP specifically? like, I know the GOP is primarily responsible for the current crisis, but I can't remember Dems ever doing anything for Puerto Rico either, and they largely stopped pretending to care about the Puerto Rico crisis months ago

it's dangerous to assume that Puerto Ricans are guaranteed Dem voters and that there's no need to campaign to them

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Main Paineframe posted:

do puerto ricans actually have a vendetta against the GOP specifically? like, I know the GOP is primarily responsible for the current crisis, but I can't remember Dems ever doing anything for Puerto Rico either, and they largely stopped pretending to care about the Puerto Rico crisis months ago

it's dangerous to assume that Puerto Ricans are guaranteed Dem voters and that there's no need to campaign to them

After what happened last year in Puerto Rico and Trump's so called response, they absolutely should hate all Republicans. Who cares if Dems didn't help either , Dems are inept and incompetent and more importantly impotent

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Main Paineframe posted:

considering trump drove a medical boat right up to puerto rico then didn't let anybody on, i think they may have some beef with him

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also assuming they've already won and running the shittiest republican-lite possible is the democrat special

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The Nastier Nate posted:

if democrats cant hold Florida in the face of:

1.most unpopular president in my lifetime
2. an influx of Puerto Ricans with a vendetta against the gop
3. swing state Obama won twice

then they deserve to lose

The Florida Dems are such a joke that they ran empty suit Patrick Bateman Murphy against Lil' Marco "never shows up to work" Rubio and lost.

They will absolutely lose this garbage state to the GOP.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
bDb succccs hard and it wouldn't really matter if HRC replaced him. the post nypd articles alone would be worth it.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

WampaLord posted:

The Florida Dems are such a joke that they ran empty suit Patrick Bateman Murphy against Lil' Marco "never shows up to work" Rubio and lost.

They will absolutely lose this garbage state to the GOP.

also it's florida and always votes in the most insane ways

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Hell, why not. She would split the poo poo dem vote with Biden.

yeah, i think it'd be good if she ran because the easiest way for a good democrat victory is a bunch of centrists splitting the vote

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Nichael posted:

yeah, i think it'd be good if she ran because the easiest way for a good democrat victory is a bunch of centrists splitting the vote

also it would make for some insane donut takes if hillary splitting the vote (a la demon of avarice bernie sanders) cost the centrists the win

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Yinlock posted:

also it would make for some insane donut takes if hillary splitting the vote (a la demon of avarice bernie sanders) cost the centrists the win

I know (and agree) with everyone that this would be very funny but I'm kind of worried about what happens if the primary actually plays out like that since it seems like it'd set the ground bigly for a third party spoiler in the general

I'd prefer to see Bernie win a flat out majority, not a plurality

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
doesn't Clinton still own the DNC?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Concerned Citizen posted:

lol she's not running, but feel free to definitely take seriously an article written by a right-wing ny post writer

i look forward to hilldawg once again screwing you over

Waffle Conspiracy
May 21, 2002

Jane Goodall watches me pee!

Why are comedic bits/topics quoted as news today?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

doesn't Clinton still own the DNC?

obama does(though he's losing some clout as he continues to fundraise for himself)

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

also the rick scott ad campaign is funny as poo poo it literally just says the the succdem was in congress for 50 years and hasnt done poo poo and its absolutely right lmao

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.
If Clinton ran again, who would the most succ person she could get as Vice President be?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

CountFosco posted:

If Clinton ran again, who would the most succ person she could get as Vice President be?

harris

GoluboiOgon
Aug 19, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

CountFosco posted:

tim kaine.

motto: if it ain't broke, don't fix it

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Kennedy

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Duckworth

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

CountFosco posted:

Manchin

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Waffle Conspiracy posted:

Why are comedic bits/topics quoted as news today?
Bill Maher is a comedian? :confused:

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Hillary would have won if she'd picked Bernie for VP.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

Six months into dread abuela's administration as mayor the first of new york's open-air slave auctions will begin with much fanfare for all the job creating it will offer.
wouldn't prison labor contract bidding count as slave auction already

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

CountFosco posted:

Joe Lieberman

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

MonsieurChoc posted:

Hillary would have won if she'd picked Bernie for VP.

probably yeah

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

CountFosco posted:

My head says Manchen

My cynicism says Crowley / Cuomo

But my heart, my heart says Franken.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Can’t have two New Yorkers on the ticket per the constitution

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

CountFosco posted:

It'll be one of those Castro brothers

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Iv gone from hoping Hillary doesn't run again to hoping she does purely on how funny it would be to see her lose the primary. Ultimately I think she won't go through with it though because it would be embarrassing for her since Joe Biden would destroy her in the early on primaries

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
she'll pick trump as her veep, then she'd get tired and resign after the election

it's the only way to truly reach across the aisle and forge a bipartisan consensus

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

The Nastier Nate posted:

my compromise is to let her primary Schumer in 2020 and make her promise never to run for senate leadership

That's weird, because he's only up for reelection in 2022, and it's obvious that AOC is the one who's going to primary him to oblivion.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I think Cucky retires after this term.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I wonder who he's grooming to replace him, then.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I wonder who he's grooming to replace him, then.

Joe Crowley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Joementum posted:

Joe Crowley

• Locked thread