Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Has anyone said fallout 69 yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zelder posted:

Has anyone said fallout 69 yet

:agreed:

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I think somebody said buttcoin buttcaps.

Also it will never not be weird to me that people are mad the Enclave commander kills you in 3 if you give them what they want.

Kalaxus
Dec 8, 2003

Battle Master

Wolfsheim posted:

I was actually looking for a solid answer to this while adding all the F76 stuff to the OP and the closest answer seems to be 'kinda soonish.' On a related note, is it common for MP games to have such a short beta period pre-release, because that seems like a pretty bad move?

Near-release open beta tests are used to stress test servers and the whole feedback system is mostly ignored during that period as the devs usually feel by that point the game is complete. But Todd indicated the pre-order Beta test period is being implemented to get mass amounts of player feedback that will drastically alter game mechanics in an attempt to make sure the game is well received at launch. Won't give us much time to find/report many PvP ruining glitches/exploits, but I suppose it should be long enough to get good feedback on the overall mechanics provided the start the beta by next month anyway.

In-house Beta periods can be years, while Limited Closed Betas start around 6-8 months out increasingly sending out more invites overtime ramping up greatly by the 3-month mark, and Open Beta/Stress Tests 2weeks-1mth. At least that was the case for the Everquest and most competitor MMOs.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Byzantine posted:

Also it will never not be weird to me that people are mad the Enclave commander kills you in 3 if you give them what they want.

Were people mad about that? The only time I remember it even being mentioned was someone saying it was genius

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

SwitchbladeKult posted:

If you define a great game as one you've played through several times and spent hundreds of hours engaging with despite its flaws then sure Fallout 4 is a great game. But you see it actually is the worst because angry nerds on the Internet said so.

I've definitely spent hundreds of hours in Fallout 4, but it's entirely because mods have made the settlement system interesting and fixed some of Bethesda's many, many terrible fuckups. I think I've actually beaten it twice, because the last third of the plot is about as interesting as kicking myself in the dick while watching paint dry.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

The ncr's flag is loving rad!

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

guns for tits posted:

Agreed

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

guns for tits posted:

:hai:

Also like the actual California State flag it rustles vexillologists' jimmies, which i don't know if that's an acceptable drawback or a straight perk.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

im really enjoying sim settlements not that its pretty feature fleshed out

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

sanctuary is absolute hell on my fps though i wonder just what kind of rig these city plans were designed on to think this was fine

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I'm role-playing a sexhaver until there is new info from legendary game studio bethesda softwoare on their highly ambitious game Fallout 76

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Im going to skip to the end of this stupid settlement argument and say that video games are for children.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Liquid Communism posted:

I've definitely spent hundreds of hours in Fallout 4, but it's entirely because mods have made the settlement system interesting and fixed some of Bethesda's many, many terrible fuckups. I think I've actually beaten it twice, because the last third of the plot is about as interesting as kicking myself in the dick while watching paint dry.

I just checked and I have 105 hours in Fallout 4. I tried so hard to like it because I have some hundreds of hours in Fallout 3 spread over PS3 and PC and over 1000 hours in New Vegas. I have never beaten the game; the farthest in the story I have ever gotten is Diamond City. Every few months I reinstall the game, attempt to mod it to my liking and then give up after maybe 10 or 15 hours of sort of actually playing and then uninstall it. I've tried a bunch of different character types but it all ends the same way.

Fallout 4 is just loving boring.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Checking Steam, I have 1008 hours in FO4. Bad habit of leaving it running in the background for a couple days because I alt-tabbed to look something up and then went to work or something.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Garrand posted:

I just checked and I have 105 hours in Fallout 4. I tried so hard to like it because I have some hundreds of hours in Fallout 3 spread over PS3 and PC and over 1000 hours in New Vegas. I have never beaten the game; the farthest in the story I have ever gotten is Diamond City. Every few months I reinstall the game, attempt to mod it to my liking and then give up after maybe 10 or 15 hours of sort of actually playing and then uninstall it. I've tried a bunch of different character types but it all ends the same way.

105 hours in a boring game, nice.

I blew through the main story in about 25 hours once I saw the dialog choices had no consequence, and regret even doing that.

Trying to find any gameplay from 76 to see whether I have any interest is proving difficult.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I blew through the main story in about 25 hours once I saw the dialog choices had no consequence, and regret even doing that.

Trying to find any gameplay from 76 to see whether I have any interest is proving difficult.

You're probably not going to find anything useful until super close to release. We're still at the "vague trailers and Bethesda interviews that don't make any sense" phase of the hype cycle.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Byzantine posted:

I've never played 3, but everything I know about the Enclave tells me that's EXACTLY what an Enclave commander would do in that situation. Their whole deal is cruelly exploiting anything and anyone they can for personal gain and then disposing of them when they're no longer useful.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I've never played 3, but everything I know about the Enclave tells me that's EXACTLY what an Enclave commander would do in that situation. Their whole deal is cruelly exploiting anything and anyone they can for personal gain and then disposing of them when they're no longer useful.

I've never actually encountered anyone complaining about the game over, but that sequence does come right after a lot of railroaded idiocy, so it wouldn't shock me that some people were looking for a chance to break out of the narrative and disappointed by what might have looked like a chance to have an "evil" route.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Kanos posted:

You're probably not going to find anything useful until super close to release. We're still at the "vague trailers and Bethesda interviews that don't make any sense" phase of the hype cycle.

Are they going to allow people to record/stream footage of the beta?

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

dont be mean to me posted:

:hai:

Also like the actual California State flag it rustles vexillologists' jimmies, which i don't know if that's an acceptable drawback or a straight perk.

It's a perk. Two headed bears are good

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

CharlestonJew posted:

Are they going to allow people to record/stream footage of the beta?

It's Bethesda, so it's pretty likely.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

105 hours, Thumbs down!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/Endivinity/status/1014247193077616640

Can't ever go wrong with slapping heels on things that have no business wearing them

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

That's really interesting. I wonder how that's going to play out in game. Didn't one of the designers mention in an interview they were toying with the idea of being able to trade perk cards to your friends?

Vinylshadow posted:

https://twitter.com/Endivinity/status/1014247193077616640

Can't ever go wrong with slapping heels on things that have no business wearing them

:agreed:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Dang that's a lot of furries in the replies

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/Endivinity/status/1000583914115579904

Cat-sized Deathclaws is a thing I didn't know I needed

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

SwitchbladeKult posted:

That's really interesting. I wonder how that's going to play out in game. Didn't one of the designers mention in an interview they were toying with the idea of being able to trade perk cards to your friends?

The card leveling system sounds an awful lot like how the Star Wars: Battlefront game handled leveling.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Vinylshadow posted:

That is premium avatar fodder right there. The Regal AF deathclaw is pretty great!

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Garrand posted:

Yeah, I admittedly have a lot of hours in it because it sort of became a time waster game, but I never got far in the main story beyond getting to Diamond City while I've done multiple full playthroughs of NV. As far as wasting time clearing out camps of raiders or whatever, FO4 is alright as like a big sandbox game to go be a murderhobo in, but kind of poo poo as an RPG.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

SwitchbladeKult posted:

That is premium avatar fodder right there. The Regal AF deathclaw is pretty great!

https://twitter.com/Endivinity/status/1000309435519008769
https://twitter.com/Endivinity/status/1000534516052590592
They are all precious

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Did FO4 update recently and break everything, suddenly none of my mods are working anymore

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Guys, Fallout 4? It's good.

Fallout 3? It's good.

Fallout New Vegas?

It's good

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ive started actually trying to make good settlements beyond just resource production and beds. Like decorating my old Sanctuary house and cleaning everything up. Its really satisfying to use Scrap Everything to clear the roads and sweep the floors.

Only problem is the only patch job I can do on houses is huge metal walls plastered over them.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Vinylshadow posted:

I mean, jackson's chameleons are real. Not quite the same but as close as you'll get.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

OwlFancier posted:

I mean, jackson's chameleons are real. Not quite the same but as close as you'll get.

Yeah, but they're hard to find

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Vinylshadow posted:

You never met Spike?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Arcsquad12 posted:

You never met Spike?

We met

Briefly

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

chitoryu12 posted:

Ive started actually trying to make good settlements beyond just resource production and beds. Like decorating my old Sanctuary house and cleaning everything up. Its really satisfying to use Scrap Everything to clear the roads and sweep the floors.

Only problem is the only patch job I can do on houses is huge metal walls plastered over them.

You can also use junk fences on the outside, turned so the supports are facing away from the house, or the small wood wall panels (they can go almost anywhere). I did patch a few houses with the metal walls, though. There are some places where you can get the big wall sections to clip into the busted sections in the houses if you get things aligned just right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Cyberpunkey Monkey posted:

You can also use junk fences on the outside, turned so the supports are facing away from the house, or the small wood wall panels (they can go almost anywhere). I did patch a few houses with the metal walls, though. There are some places where you can get the big wall sections to clip into the busted sections in the houses if you get things aligned just right.

I'm looking for a good, working mod that disables the "You can't place this here" altogether so I can directly attach wall pieces to buildings.