Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the encouragement!

Pendent posted:

I said if there and I’ll say it here- that’s better than what I’ve been putting out and I’ve been doing this for a bit. You did some great work.

I've admired your army on this dead gay forum for a while, so that's high praise! Hopefully you can share some tips on how to play these guys once they're all painted up.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jul 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Woman: You don't know my name, do you?
Jerry: Yes I do.
Woman: What is it?
Jerry: It, uh, rhymes with a female body part.
Woman: What is it?
Jerry: Mulva...
Jerry: Gipple?
Jerry: Loleola?

Jerry: Oh! Oh! *Doralys*!

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Pendent posted:

No, we aren’t going to forget about him being terrible. He’s doubling down with fascist apologia which is not something we have a tolerance for.

He said people here dump on him over his pro female space marines position. Which is ridiculous and I said so. That's now considered defending him? :confused:

Now to pick a nit: Trump is not a fascist. Fascists mandate a centralized, regimented economy . So far all Trump's done economy wise is turn boom times into a potential recession. He's a racist, corrupt demagogue who aspires to dictatorship. There's no word for what he is yet but when this mess is over, he'll be called a Trumptator or something. Which he'll take as an accolade because it has his name in it.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
When I was young the US government deported one small Cuban boy and it made national news for like a month.

poo poo's crazy.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Killer_Bees! posted:

The cults Mind Control ability wording is “pick and enemy unit” :devil:..... oh this will be fun

I am extremely tempted to start up my Inconspicuous Totally Not Bug-Men army before the Kill Team box comes out, will be nice to have an army with psykers, love my Sister's and Beep Boop's but man I wanna do something in the psychic phase! Also I could really use a "bad guy" force and the only chaos army that interested me was Tzeeanch and their drat start collecting box is always sold out.

On that note, how do the bug men play? No one around here actually uses them.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Eifert Posting posted:

When I was young the US government deported one small Cuban boy and it made national news for like a month.

poo poo's crazy.

Now that wouldn't last 20 minutes of a news cycle.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

Maneck posted:

He said people here dump on him over his pro female space marines position. Which is ridiculous and I said so. That's now considered defending him? :confused:

Now to pick a nit: Trump is not a fascist. Fascists mandate a centralized, regimented economy . So far all Trump's done economy wise is turn boom times into a potential recession. He's a racist, corrupt demagogue who aspires to dictatorship. There's no word for what he is yet but when this mess is over, he'll be called a Trumptator or something. Which he'll take as an accolade because it has his name in it.

imagine being so pedantic that youd WELL ACTUALLY a fascist wannabe with fascist policies who idolises other fascists as not technically being a fascist

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

imagine being so pedantic that youd WELL ACTUALLY a fascist wannabe with fascist policies who idolises other fascists as not technically being a fascist

Don’t forget that he’s making many moves to consolidate power that mirror how the Nazis ran poo poo.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cainer posted:

I am extremely tempted to start up my Inconspicuous Totally Not Bug-Men army before the Kill Team box comes out, will be nice to have an army with psykers, love my Sister's and Beep Boop's but man I wanna do something in the psychic phase! Also I could really use a "bad guy" force and the only chaos army that interested me was Tzeeanch and their drat start collecting box is always sold out.

Cult is okay, will be better when the new book is out. Suffers from "Index Syndrome".

The Neophytes are a couple points too many for what amounts to ork boys, and the mining equipment gear got some nerfs which are odd. Though the latest General Handbook ruling for deepstrike doesn't apply to them, which is a bit of a boost. All the characters are good, and access to some IG stuff does help them out.

They are a bit luck reliant with the ambush rolls. There are ways to mitigate it though.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

So tweet at Miriam-Webster. They dunk on Trump on a daily basis. So far they haven't changed their definition of fascist. Maybe you've got a great explanation as to why they should.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Maneck posted:

So tweet at Miriam-Webster. They dunk on Trump on a daily basis. So far they haven't changed their definition of fascist. Maybe you've got a great explanation as to why they should.

He's not saying that your nitpick is wrong. He's saying that your nitpick is dumb as gently caress, much like you are.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Booley posted:

He's not saying that your nitpick is wrong. He's saying that your nitpick is dumb as gently caress, much like you are.

Last week you had a meltdown over a post which complimented someone else's paintwork. Today you're dropping crude insults every other post. Take a break. Get some non-warhammer friends. You'll be happier.

Booley posted:

I also don't have any non-ham friends.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
no hes right, im saying ur nitpick is dumb as gently caress much like u are

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

lol allegations. eat poo poo maggie.

For perspective, this guy believes the New York Times is pro trump.

And I hereby promise to jump off this derail.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Maneck posted:

Maneck posted:

Last week you had a meltdown over a post which complimented someone else's paintwork. Today you're dropping crude insults every other post. Take a break. Get some non-warhammer friends. You'll be happier.

You know it’s funny because that very dictionary you quote doesn’t talk about a centralized economy. It talks about social and economic regimentation which is absolutely trump would be interested in along racial lines. So maybe our government isn’t fascist yet but many of the signs are there and trump himself sure sounds like he is extremely close if not there.

1 often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition
2 : a tendency toward or actual exercise of strong autocratic or dictatorial control early instances of army fascism and brutality — J. W. Aldridge

It was a dumb nitpick and not even relevant.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

Maneck posted:

For perspective, this guy believes the New York Times is pro trump.

And I hereby promise to jump off this derail.

dunno wtf that has to do with you being a fascist apologist with your mealy mouthed pedantry but thanks?

BIG MEATY SHITS fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jul 9, 2018

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

LordAba posted:

It's not a good solution, but likening them to concentration camps is jumping the shark. At least call it what it is: jailing I don't agree with. Unless you can post some info that says the living conditions of these people are subhuman or they are being detained for no reason (even if you don't agree with being arrested for illegal entry, doesn't mean it isn't a reason).
Ironically the fact that children are separated from their children isn't even a Trump thing. It's just he is enforcing it with zero tolerance, meaning that parents are being prosecuted for crimes. This unfortunately was legislated to mean separation of child and parent.

https://www.vox.com/2018/6/21/17488458/obama-immigration-policy-family-separation-border

So, contact your local representatives and put pressure on judges to allow families to stay together during prosecution. Make sure they are following the detain times, or pressure people to change them. Even if you don't agree with the deportation, burying your head in the sand to the laws already on the book and saying "my nazis" isn't going to change anything. This was only a matter of time, and there were plenty of times where is could have been changed. Be active in your government, or risk being reactive.

At least get the newspapers to stop taking pictures of kids that aren't even being detained / separated and making them poster-children of this movement. There are at least two cases of this, the most infamous being the Times cover. No wonder people don't trust the media.

I just wanna play with female characters in my stupid sci-fi board game. How did we get here?

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

Cainer posted:

Literally in the same bug worshipping cult planning to start position bro, especially since I am looking to buy two boxes of killteam just for the terrain! Nids were my first 40k army back in the day so pretty keen to do up some pysker heavy cults now

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BigRed0427 posted:

I just wanna play with female characters in my stupid sci-fi board game. How did we get here?

Ham... Ham never changes...

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
:yikes:

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Glad to see GW getting better with minority representation. Too bad Battletech remains the superior game in that regard.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
^^^ Malifaux has also gotten a lot better with it as well!

BigRed0427 posted:

Would Sisters of Silence heads work with space marine bodies? I'm having trouble with my google-fu to find examples, but they seem like they might work. The main difference being the Sisters heads would be a bit narrow compared to the normal marine helmet.

Probably wouldn't work on primaris bodies either. Not sure what the size difference between the space marine and primaris heads are, but that would give a good indication on how goofy it might be.

Brinty
Aug 4, 2012
Hey guys and girls, how about those small plastic space men?

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Lotsa new post, I bet it's kill team news! Skitarii sneak peak?

Oh, it's just a piece of absolutely poo poo defending putting children in cages by; "aschtually, it's perfectly legal, and who is to say the children in those cages are even treated badly. and furthermore...". Jfc.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Lotsa new post, I bet it's kill team news! Skitarii sneak peak?

Oh, it's just a piece of absolutely poo poo defending putting children in cages by; "aschtually, it's perfectly legal, and who is to say the children in those cages are even treated badly. and furthermore...". Jfc.

Don’t forget the part where he’s pretending like if he doesn’t show his horrible opinions for a little while we’ll forget what a piece of poo poo he is.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
I had some models get to end stage with some mold lines intact. I thought I had adequately removed them by using the backside of a model scalpel, but :sigh:

So I bought this "Maser Tools" brand scraper tool from my local model train shop:

I have this idea it uses a sharper blade than the Games Workshop tool but I can't compare because it's been out of stock here forever.

Anyway, I started using it tonight. I'm very happy so far. It's exactly the right shape. I've been able to go after mold lines on details that before I was tempted to leave in place. Time will tell if the blade stays sharp enough. I guess I could always work on left handed modeling to double the life span. So far so good.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Mikey Purp posted:

Cross-posting babby's first space marine/40k model. It begins!

That's really good. Well done.

At the other end of the posting spectrum...

LordAba posted:

Thanks for the source. The FOIA continues to be one of the most important acts in modern history.

We're not stupid enough to be thrown of the scent by a nod to respectable debate. You habitually defend fascism. Be it in the form of tiny spacemen with swastikas or bigly proto-dictators with kiddy concentration camps.

Fuckety gently caress off.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
In an effort to avoid giving internet jerks my money. I decided to order up some custom decals for my forthcoming Imperial Knights from https://www.bedlamcreations.com.

Spent the whole day coming up with a name and making my own House Coat Of Arms.

I modeled it after the Hawkshroud coat, since I intend to use their household tradition.

Almost called it House Perdomai which is a bad transliteration of the ancient Greek word for fart but then I decided Volturas is easier to say and less embarrassing to explain.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Bucnasti posted:

In an effort to avoid giving internet jerks my money. I decided to order up some custom decals for my forthcoming Imperial Knights from https://www.bedlamcreations.com.

Spent the whole day coming up with a name and making my own House Coat Of Arms.

I modeled it after the Hawkshroud coat, since I intend to use their household tradition.

Almost called it House Perdomai which is a bad transliteration of the ancient Greek word for fart but then I decided Volturas is easier to say and less embarrassing to explain.

Would you be so kind as to post about what you get? I've got Bedlam bookmarked but would be happy to here from someone actually ordered a custom set.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Maneck posted:

Language can be used prescriptively or descriptively. Neither one is objectively correct. The important thing to know is which system is being used. When people call Trump a fascist they are talking descriptively. They are trying to evoke common feelings and emotions regarding the far right, racism, hate crimes and so on. It has become short hand. Fascist = authoritarian bad cruel person. Trump is this.

Now either you knew all that and were just being a pedantic sack of poo poo or you should stay in school.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
if anything he should be banned for the weakest loving attempt at a helldump ive ever seen

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I giggled.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Warhammer 40k: Area ham passionate defender of what he imagines words to mean

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
Warhammer 40k: village idiot passionate defender of nazis

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Killer_Bees! posted:

Literally in the same bug worshipping cult planning to start position bro, especially since I am looking to buy two boxes of killteam just for the terrain! Nids were my first 40k army back in the day so pretty keen to do up some pysker heavy cults now

I'd heartily recommend picking up the GSC half of Deathwatch Overkill. It's tremendous value and will give you some good additions for kill team including aberrants, acolytes and genestealers. I think it's like 60 bucks on ebay for like 35 models. Nope, that's only 1 sprue. Still, the whole thing is like 150 bucks and you can sell the deathwatch side for presumably half that.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Maneck posted:

He's a racist, corrupt demagogue who aspires to dictatorship. There's no word for what he is yet but when this mess is over, he'll be called a Trumptator or something.

Booley posted:

Warhammer 40k: village idiot passionate defender of nazis

:yikes:

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
Area man laughed at and told to gently caress off as he frantically and pedantically pisses himself about MUH DIKSHUNARY, still hasn't seen forest as he defends fascism.

Pictured below, according to LordAba and Maneck: No Nazis.

Also pictured below, according to the same: Not a duck.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
female Space Marines, and they all look like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
I've always been upfront about everyone posting here being wrong, especially myself.

Guy Goodbody posted:

female Space Marines, and they all look like this

Straight up improvement on Space Wolves.