Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
RPG Site: In the new Camelot story chapter in the English version of Fate/GO, one of the fights with Gawain provided a glimpse of English subtitles for the spoken dialogue in the middle of battle. Are there any plans to expand this feature to the rest of the game in the future?

Shiokawa: Thank you for picking up on that! Now that I’ve received more positive feedback on that… that is now getting higher on the priority list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Endorph posted:

they do if you review bomb the app and accuse the head of translation and PR of sexually harassing and bullying famous voice actresses (both things they are trying to organize)

Lol seriously? That's possibly a new low.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

It's poo poo and I don't understand why they don't implement something better.

It's impressively bad. I don't think I could think of a worse account recovery system than what FGO has without going into the realm of complete parody.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Complaints can be good but some of the things people complain about are incredibly silly when people are drawing direct comparisons because they only know of JP through anecdotes.

NA: They never talk to us!
JP: Now announcing Gudaguda 3 tomorrow after maintenance!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
How does the math on Nito's NP work out compared to Shiki's? Nito's skill boosts her success rate, while Shiki's reduces death resist. Do they basically just add up in the same way in the end? So 100+100% for Shiki at max levels and 100%+50% for Nito?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Its ok to talk about things you dislike about the game such being the only server thats delaying the anniversary by 2 weeks to make sure it lines up with an anime con. Which wouldn't even be that big of a deal if it wasn't for the fact that it also gave less rewards than every other servers first anniversary.

If you don't let it be known you're discontent things aren't gonna get fixed themselves and the last time this stuff was brought up we got a free 4*

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Kild posted:

Its ok to talk about things you dislike about the game such being the only server thats delaying the anniversary by 2 weeks to make sure it lines up with an anime con. Which wouldn't even be that big of a deal if it wasn't for the fact that it also gave less rewards than every other servers first anniversary.

If you don't let it be known you're discontent things aren't gonna get fixed themselves and the last time this stuff was brought up we got a free 4*

I think they delayed it so that Camelot could come out first and Ozzy and Lancer Arturia could be in the paid banner. I'm also failing to see what the big deal with delaying the anniversary by a couple week is, I mean, I guess it offends some people's sense of propriety but that's a really stupid reason to whine so much about it. As has been said before, we got to summon servants much more cheaply than JP for a long time, would you like to get the 20 extra SQ in exchange for summoning costs being raised to 4 SQ/summon for the next year or so? You can't point to JP being treated better while ignoring how we have been treated better in some ways too.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

China got 100 quartz, people ultimately just want that

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

You can't point to JP being treated better while ignoring how we have been treated better in some ways too.

I mean, I probably shouldn't, but if complaining in an attempt to get more free quartz is wrong I don't want to be right!

none of that weirdo poo poo like trying to get people fired though, that's super bad

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I haven't gotten Cu Alter for three years, I'm allowed to complain not you guys

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I think they delayed it so that Camelot could come out first and Ozzy and Lancer Arturia could be in the paid banner. I'm also failing to see what the big deal with delaying the anniversary by a couple week is, I mean, I guess it offends some people's sense of propriety but that's a really stupid reason to whine so much about it. As has been said before, we got to summon servants much more cheaply than JP for a long time, would you like to get the 20 extra SQ in exchange for summoning costs being raised to 4 SQ/summon for the next year or so? You can't point to JP being treated better while ignoring how we have been treated better in some ways too.

Japan has had more summons even at 4SQ / summon. they've gotten over 25% more quartz than us including master missions and whatever else other people bring up and even if for some reason Japan didn't have more than us the other servers that aren't NA are also getting normal quartz and rewards and has 3SQ and master missions and whatever other apologetic crap people want to say for the company that has one of the most unforgiving gacha in a mobage.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
The only thing that annoys me about this anniversary is that it's happening at the same time as Dokkan Battle's anniversary.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
How good is Arash? I'm perilously close to being able to 3-turn clear hand farming and if I could use him to blow up the first set of hands then I'd be there.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Crasical posted:

How good is Arash? I'm perilously close to being able to 3-turn clear hand farming and if I could use him to blow up the first set of hands then I'd be there.

he has the strongest aoe NP you can reliably get and he gets free NP gain with his 3rd skill

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Crasical posted:

He's absolutely made for wiping the first wave of whatever and getting out of the way so you can three turn clear

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

TheFlyingLlama posted:

I mean, I probably shouldn't, but if complaining in an attempt to get more free quartz is wrong I don't want to be right!

none of that weirdo poo poo like trying to get people fired though, that's super bad

I'm not saying you can't complain, you just can't use an argument towards fairness if you actually just want more than everyone else.

Kild posted:

Japan has had more summons even at 4SQ / summon. they've gotten over 25% more quartz than us including master missions and whatever else other people bring up and even if for some reason Japan didn't have more than us the other servers that aren't NA are also getting normal quartz and rewards and has 3SQ and master missions and whatever other apologetic crap people want to say for the company that has one of the most unforgiving gacha in a mobage.

The SQ counts I've seen have been pretty drat even. I thought the other servers were run by different companies? You can't really comment on those other companies practices without knowing what the contract between them and DW looks like.

As far as rates go, I'd rather play FGO in spite of the bad rates because I actually find the game fun and entertaining, I've tried games with better rates, turns out you don't care much about how good the rates are when you don't enjoy the rest of the game. :shrug:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

It's a multifaceted issue. The only reason Camelot's release and how it interacts with the paid banner was an issue at all is due to the NA team receiving minimal investment which is a long-standing problem and source of annoyance that is probably never getting better. So it's got that whole matter feeding into it to begin with, with folks realizing they're in a market that the company does not really care about and thrashing about because there's little to nothing that can or will be done because, as has been gone over before, if you stop giving them money they just shrug and close shop and if you keep giving them money they just keep on with their poo poo. There was also no real reason to delay it by the length that they did aside from lining up with a convention most people don't care about - hell, they even extended maintenance because they were late starting the panel, and while 30 minutes is trivial it just comes off as a really weird thing to bother doing. Ultimately it just kinda came off as making decisions that accomplished absolutely nothing but pointlessly annoying folks who just wanted to throw some money at the game.

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jul 8, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

TheFlyingLlama posted:

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Since I've been playing this a year and I have a bit extra from holiday play I figured I try my hand at the guaranteed gotcha. I would have been happy with another waver, or Cuzillia, Drake, Jack, tamamo, or Nightingale. A 60% chance to get what I want.

I got vlad :suicide:. The game also faked me out with an assassin card 3 times in a row.

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Got Sanzang from paid gacha.

She's cool and its not Vlad or NP2 Waver so I'm happy :)

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Crasical posted:

He can wipe out a wave easily. Arash is the reason I can 3 turn hands now.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I'm both happy and sad, because that means he goes on the queue of archers I want to level.
...right after Orion, and Euryale, and Billy. Why are all the archers so good...?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Kild posted:

I don't believe this is the case; at least as of I believe Rashomon it was just barely in favor of NA in terms of total 10 rolls/summons you would be capable of with the given quartz handed out. Something to the effect of 400 vs. 500, /30 and /40, respectively.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The JPN quartz was mercy for having only 50 inventory space and no master missions

and surviving Moonfest with no double battle speed

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

DrManiac posted:

Since I've been playing this a year and I have a bit extra from holiday play I figured I try my hand at the guaranteed gotcha. I would have been happy with another waver, or Cuzillia, Drake, Jack, tamamo, or Nightingale. A 60% chance to get what I want.

I got vlad :suicide:. The game also faked me out with an assassin card 3 times in a row.

Vlad's not too bad. I prefer him over Herc, actually. Hits just about as hard, and he's a little more versatile in terms of actually synergizing with a team.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Tae posted:

and surviving Moonfest with no double battle speed

I just felt a shudder of revulsion ripple through my body at that thought.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Main Paineframe posted:

Vlad's not too bad. I prefer him over Herc, actually. Hits just about as hard, and he's a little more versatile in terms of actually synergizing with a team.

I regularly hit 250k damage with my Vlad. That might be because he’s Np 3 though and because I’m pairing him with Tamamo and Waver. And because he’s grailed to level 100. I may have a soft spot for Dracula.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Main Paineframe posted:

Herc's biggest things are his strength, NP and his inability to die. Just gotta get that Bond CE.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Ah, just realized that Ozy might actually make 3-turn embers a thing for me once I get Arash leveled. First turn Stella, have Ozy supply NP gauge to Tamacat and Kiyohime, and then let them handle waves 2 and 3.

Weirdly excited about dumb farming now. Do need to get Kiyo's strengthening done for her buff, tho.

edit: Turns out I don't need to do any of that but I'm still gonna because Kiyo and Arash are good and Arash will at least also automate the process a bit more. Ozy is so loving good.

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jul 9, 2018

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I can't bring myself to kill Arash over and over to help me farm a few seconds faster. If you've got some AOE waveclear, the Chaldea Battle Suit mystic code, and a friend Waver it's already fast as fucc.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

In this case it's a combined matter of automation and self-sufficiency. Sometimes the dumb friend support system just does not want to give me a friend with a MLB Kaleido Berserker, so it would be nice to be able to just do the entire thing with my own servants and no support fishing.

Plus it's like the only thing I can think to regularly use Arash for. He's gonna fuckin' wreck that first wave of knights on my medal farming node, tho. Which is good because I need so many loving medals.

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jul 9, 2018

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Vengarr posted:

I can't bring myself to kill Arash over and over to help me farm a few seconds faster. If you've got some AOE waveclear, the Chaldea Battle Suit mystic code, and a friend Waver it's already fast as fucc.
I'm lazy, so I just run Frankie and Lancelot with Kaleidoscopes then bring a friends Waver with Bond CE. 5-turns tops. Good enough.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

So I've been leveling Nito and even at Skill lv. 1 with a waver she is a turn 1 NP with a really good death success rate. Been farming chains with her for ascension.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

If I had a scope my drake would save me so much loving time grinding these hands

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Cao Ni Ma posted:

If I had a scope my drake would save me so much loving time grinding these hands

You don't need a scope so long as you have an imaginary element CE. Golden Sumo + MLB Dragon Meridian + Imaginary Element + level 10 skill on Drake = 3 NPs guaranteed with just a 20% charge. I've used Arash/Raikou/Friend's Drake like this and I bet it'd work just as well with a Kiyohime or Darius, your own Drake and a Waver.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
Spartacus is a v good farmer who needs very little help

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

SC Bracer posted:

Spartacus is a v good farmer who needs very little help

idk if I'd say very little help - he needs a lore if you don't have a kaleido, and at least a high rank in Return of the Sword as well, maybe even fully maxing it out. That's kinda mat intensive, but there's no denying he does solve most 25k and down waves if you do invest that much into him.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Is Drake better at farming than Fran or Lancelot?

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
1* mats requirements really arent that bad and you can supplement his skill rank with the mage academy mc

he's doing a lot of work for me on my waver-less alt with an imaginary element and he doesnt need a high rank in his buster buff to clear hands

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

lancelot with a kscope is an incredible farmer since he can take out two waves with one NP and crits, but on the other hand drake needs only a 50% charge card since her np charge is good enough to rank 10 anyway so it really depends on what you have available. i'd say she's at least better than fran who can screw you over if you pull too many of her cards on the turn after her NP.

SC Bracer fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jul 9, 2018

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Drake has a 50% np battery at skill 10, which means she doesn't need support to NP on turn 1. Lancelot will need a Kscope and then support from somebody else to get to 100% if you don't have a MLB Kscope (and if you do then you don't need my advice).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Interesting. My current farming set up is Fran w/ Kaleidoscope , Waver , Friend Lancelot /w Kaleidoscope, My Lancelot w/ Kaleidoscope in the back row. First turn, Waver powers up Fran and friend Lancelot and they each take a turn taking a wave down with their NP. For the final wave, I sub in my Lancelot. The final wave is where I'm tripping up a bit since usually two of the hands barely survive Lancelot's attack.