Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spoeank posted:

The more I think about it the more Jimmy Graham's 5th round ADP is............... worrisome.

Either Gronk or Kelce or I wait for Reed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Graham has been relatively consistent for fantasy right?

10tds and like 300yds or 16tds and 1000?

Pretty decent floor. Can understand why he is getting taken where he is.

Ninja edit: 2015 was bad I see. Thought it was more in line with the others. 11 games tho.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spermy Smurf posted:

Graham has been relatively consistent for fantasy right?

10tds and like 300yds or 16tds and 1000?

Pretty decent floor. Can understand why he is getting taken where he is.

Ninja edit: 2015 was bad I see. Thought it was more in line with the others. 11 games tho.

Also new offense that historically doesn't use the TE much, not that they have had someone of Graham's caliber.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
2018 Jimmy Graham is going to be extraordinarily touchdown or bust, given that the Packers have a metric crap ton of offensive weapons and that Graham's best talent is shoving players away at the last second for touchdowns at this point.

He has just 6 games over 75 receiving yards over the last 3 seasons. He had none last year, and he had as many games above 50 receiving yards (5) as he had below 10. The 6 games over 75 yards is matched or topped by guys like Gary Barnidge, Eric Ebron and Delanie Walker. He's touchdown or bust at this point and he's going ahead of

edit: and this doesn't get into how the aaron packers have supported three viable receiving options like once

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jul 9, 2018

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Spoeank posted:

2018 Jimmy Graham is going to be extraordinarily touchdown or bust, given that the Packers have a metric crap ton of offensive weapons

Minus one Nelson.

That's why I think he will get used.

Edit: looking at that pic; yeah I can see half a dozen I pick, but if Graham is sitting all alone at tier2 and tier3 being way below him then it's not a ridiculous pick imo.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Hey. Fuckers.

BeerSheets.

Help us break stuff.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Spermy Smurf posted:

Minus one Nelson.

That's why I think he will get used.

Edit: looking at that pic; yeah I can see half a dozen I pick, but if Graham is sitting all alone at tier2 and tier3 being way below him then it's not a ridiculous pick imo.

He's all touchdowns baby. Minus one Nelson is inconsequential because so was Jordy Nelson last year.

This is the third straight season we are trying to talk ourselves into a GB Tight End because Richard Rodgers caught a 61-yard hail mary TD that made him a top-ten TE on the season and Jermichael Finley was good 7 seasons ago.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jul 9, 2018

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Spoeank posted:

edit: and this doesn't get into how the aaron packers have supported three viable receiving options like once
Welp I guess it's gonna be suck to be a Randall Cobb owner :v:

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I will renew the Goon Money League and make a thread tonight. I am behind schedule this year. Perhaps still basking in the afterglow of my incredible championship.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Tyreek Hill at 33 and Sammy Watkins at 6.

Let me tell you how mini camp and practices have been going: Sammy is the #1.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

#1 on the IR

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Worth 6 bucks!

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Hill is one of my big avoids at his current ADP/auction price this year.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ah, I see we're on Year 8 of convincing ourselves that Aaron Rodgers gives a poo poo about throwing to TEs

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Alfalfa posted:

Hill is one of my big avoids at his current ADP/auction price this year.

I only want kelce and hunt on that offense.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Benne posted:

Ah, I see we're on Year 8 of convincing ourselves that Aaron Rodgers gives a poo poo about throwing to TEs

Jermichael Finley was good that one time during Obama's first term man. You gotta believe.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Is there any chance this Bubba Franks data I've been working through is worth anything here?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Spoeank posted:

Jermichael Finley was good that one time during Obama's first term man. You gotta believe.

That's also the last TE they had that was worth throwing to

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Azhais posted:

That's also the last TE they had that was worth throwing to

Pretend I took the time to go back and find the posts hyping up Martellus Bennet last year and Jared Cook the year before.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Im so old that I had a team with a Favre/Bubba Franks stack.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

sourdough posted:

Pretend I took the time to go back and find the posts hyping up Martellus Bennet last year and Jared Cook the year before.

yeah, but Rodgers was dead last year, and I never thought much of Cook

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Jimmy Graham led the position in touchdowns by 2 (because he was Seattle's de facto goal line back), somehow got so few yards along the way that he managed to only be the fifth-ranked player in 2017, is going to a new offense with infinitely more weapons (including three diverse RBs), and somehow went up by one in ADP.

I will give like 1,000:1 odds someone said the thing about Jermichael Finley vis a vis marty bennett last season too

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Azhais posted:

yeah, but Rodgers was dead last year, and I never thought much of Cook

Oh I know, I think what I posted was too ambiguous. Totally agreed on GB having junk at TE for a long time now, but that doesn't stop people from hyping up the latest mediocre dude to land there for some reason.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I also think we're overestimating how many targets Rodgers is gonna give Jimmy once he realizes that he has like a 2-inch catch radius

(Not trying to flowchart him or anything but it was kinda shocking how little he plays to his size)

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
The whole TE tier and auction values are totally flipped.

Ebron should be over Doyle, ASJ and Burton should be higher, and who knows what Kittle is going to do.

But yes. Graham is TD or bust and it’s not the weaponless Seahawks this year.

Who has more TD’s? Rodgers rushing or Graham? That’s the better question.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

coronaball posted:

I will renew the Goon Money League and make a thread tonight. I am behind schedule this year. Perhaps still basking in the afterglow of my incredible championship.

As promised:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3862770&pagenumber=1#lastpost

Feel free to join the waitlist, we usually turnover 3-4 teams each year!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Lesean McCoy might have abused his girlfriend to an extent that it kills his career. The photos associated with the allegation are graphic.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

(Whispers) Watch for DeMarco Murray to Buffalo

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
He says he hasn't seen the people involved in the image and twit in months. :shrug:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Spermy Smurf posted:

He says he hasn't seen the people involved in the image and twit in months. :shrug:

Yeah, but how old are the pictures?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
So, I guess I'm keeping Chris Ivory this year...

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Lesean McCoy might have abused his girlfriend to an extent that it kills his career. The photos associated with the allegation are graphic.

edit gently caress just saw the photo removing my snarkiness

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Sataere posted:

Yeah, but how old are the pictures?

Dunno. It's not like this is the first or even third time Shady has been in the news for some kind of fight or domestic assault.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was gonna make a joke about marijuana usage or anthem kneeling towards making a point about messed up priorities but I'm finding myself unproportionately angry about beating a dog until it has kidney failure.

Flay him.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Re: Jimmy Graham discussion, Brandon Lee made a good point on the fantasypros podcast today

Why are we assuming that Aaron Rodgers is going to go away from the number one touchdown scoring wide receiver over the last two seasons?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Because now he has another redzone threat where before he had nothing else?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Correct he has a full season of Jamaal Williams to fall back on as well.

JG's main skill now is winning 50/50 balls. Rodgers would not be throwing 50/50 balls to make him the de facto run game like Seattle did

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Anyone who wants to follow along with my SFB draft, I am in the Animated - Peter Griffin league.

http://fantasyinsiders.com/scott-fish-bowl

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Spoeank posted:

Re: Jimmy Graham discussion, Brandon Lee made a good point on the fantasypros podcast today

Why are we assuming that Aaron Rodgers is going to go away from the number one touchdown scoring wide receiver over the last two seasons?

This stat feels a bit off. The player to whom Aaron Rodgers has thrown the most TDs for each of those two years is no longer on the Packers.

Rodgers thrown TDs over the last two seasons, over 22 games:
Nelson: 20
Adams: 17

Why are we assuming that his #2 TD target over that time is getting all of that volume? Beyond that, we're expecting something like 0.9 TDs/game to be available. If JG gets 8 TDs (~50% of that volume), isn't he still going to be a valuable TE?

Zauper fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jul 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
It seems unlikely that Rodgers will suddenly decide to start throwing to his TE. Combined, the Packers TEs caught 30 balls last year. Neither one caught more than the WR4 or the top 2 pass catching RBs, one of whom didn't play half the season.