Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1016142100574932992?s=19

(I know they probably chose him but it's what came to my head when I first saw the tweet)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Hot Karl Marx posted:

(I know they probably chose him but it's what came to my head when I first saw the tweet)

It's reasonable - if they can get a dude that's probably a foot taller and way bigger than the kids out, they've got a chance of getting the kids out.

Not so much "burn him" as he was a test dummy.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

He was probably using more of the oxygen left in the cave than the kids were too

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Hot Karl Marx posted:

He probably uses a ton of oxygen compared to the kids.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah, not taking into account that he's probably bigger, if he's overweight, a smoker, got any kind of lung or heart problems, in pain, or numerous other ailments he's gonna be a big toll on oxygen.

Things that you wouldn't normally attribute to kids.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

They said he was in the worst shape since he gave the kids his food and water

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

They said he was in the worst shape since he gave the kids his food and water

Yeah, the dude's decision making deserves a lot of question but he wasn't a total piece of poo poo.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Good lord if that was an american soccer team they'd have cannibalized a few of them already and agreed to just claim they fell down a mineshaft, but they'd all have died anyway because the rescue divers would have never vented enough oxygen to them in the first place.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

FAUXTON posted:

Good lord if that was an american soccer team they'd have cannibalized a few of them already and agreed to just claim they fell down a mineshaft, but they'd all have died anyway because the rescue divers would have never vented enough oxygen to them in the first place.

:chloe:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Our country is a pack of real assholes, that's the context.

Water777
Mar 19, 2015

BigDave posted:

Rescued kids now up to 6. :toot:

And here's a good illustration of how goddamn dangerous this is:https://twitter.com/kimguilfoyle/status/1015942105271799809?s=19

2k? nuts.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

Our country is a pack of real assholes, that's the context.

You need to log off every once and a while friendo.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

If that was an american soccer team the entrance would be plugged by the corpses of their drowned mothers, demanding a manager to the very last.

E: anyway poo poo's all kind of hosed in Japan and they've got 700+ years of recorded weather data so "yeah, this is new" is not a good thing to hear.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/07/07/least-38-dead-record-japan-rains-prompt-mass-evacuations/amp/

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jul 9, 2018

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

You need to log off every once and a while friendo.

shame on an IGA posted:

If that was an american soccer team the entrance would be plugged by the corpses of their drowned mothers, demanding a manager to the very last.

E: anyway poo poo's all kind of hosed in Japan and they've got 700+ years of recorded weather data so "yeah, this is new" is not a good thing to hear.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/07/07/least-38-dead-record-japan-rains-prompt-mass-evacuations/amp/

quote:

The Japan Meteorological Agency said three hours of rainfall in one area in Kochi prefecture reached an accumulated 26.3 centimeters (10.4 inches)

That's a staggering amount of rain, goddamn.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

The coach was also the one with an infection, which would be consistent with the reports that the weak ones were rescued first, since three other boys had respiratory issues from bird poo poo in the caves or something.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
That or they went Nando Parrado on him and all the kids ate the coach. Every time one of them escapes, so does he (partially).

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

The Media could really at least try to get on the same page before repeating their hourly reporting. Now half of them have switched to the "healthiest four were rescued first", yes the were in fact sedated version only one of them was running with yesterday and loving all of them are running a piece on Elon Musks dumb deathtube :cripes:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The Media could really at least try to get on the same page before repeating their hourly reporting. Now half of them have switched to the "healthiest four were rescued first", yes the were in fact sedated version only one of them was running with yesterday and loving all of them are running a piece on Elon Musks dumb deathtube :cripes:

GOTTA GET THOSE PAGE CLICKS

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Here's a chart that amuses me:
https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidPriess/status/1015412620273348608

Stupid Watergate Speedrun still on track

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Duke Chin posted:

Here's a chart that amuses me:
https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidPriess/status/1015412620273348608

Stupid Watergate Speedrun still on track

I know it wasn't a special investigation, but I'd like to move to include BENGHAZI in that chart with all its special Gremiums congressional investigations and and and

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I don't know that it's needed. It's pretty loving damning as it is.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
vote blue for vilerat

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Most current diver news is that the water level is good today

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

shoot blues for vilerat

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
should try to get the mittani up on the democratic national convention about how vilerat was a goddamn dnd mod

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

not caring here posted:

Yeah, not taking into account that he's probably bigger, if he's overweight, a smoker, got any kind of lung or heart problems, in pain, or numerous other ailments he's gonna be a big toll on oxygen.

Things that you wouldn't normally attribute to kids.

He's a 20-something soccer coach, I really doubt he's a lardball.

CNN is saying he's still in he cave, so I guess news agencies are just using a magic 8-ball as their source for most of this.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Holy poo poo I love how the guy who lobbied for Brexit is being caught in a slowly accelerating typhoon of lies.

Only met with the Russians never. Wait. One. Twice. Three times. Okay, Four.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Wingnut Ninja posted:

He's a 20-something soccer coach, I really doubt he's a lardball.

CNN is saying he's still in he cave, so I guess news agencies are just using a magic 8-ball as their source for most of this.

The latest news is somewhat believable: The Thai authorities are not releasing the names of those rescued so that there's no unrest in front of the cave where the parents are waiting. They want to avoid aggravating the parents whose kids weren't evacuated first.

This would explain why there are conflicting reports about who got out first, nobody knows and the news agencies are just guessing or reporting rumors.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

8 kids out now, 4 this morning.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

CommieGIR posted:

Holy poo poo I love how the guy who lobbied for Brexit is being caught in a slowly accelerating typhoon of lies.

Only met with the Russians never. Wait. One. Twice. Three times. Okay, Four.

I’m not sure what Russia’s exact endgame is other than global destabilization but they’re really knocking it out of the park.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

MA-Horus posted:

Goddamn this is already one hell of a job but those kids do not seem nearly as hosed as they were a few days ago.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

MA-Horus posted:

FAUXTON posted:

Goddamn this is already one hell of a job but those kids do not seem nearly as hosed as they were a few days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4cb9BHpdhE

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

boop the snoot posted:

I’m not sure what Russia’s exact endgame is other than global destabilization but they’re really knocking it out of the park.

It is exactly that. When things were less crazy at home, Europe and the US were focusing on getting eastern Europe integrated into their international institutions with some success. Russia's play with exacerbating internal political tensions changes that focus and lets Russia face less blowback for sticking its fingers in Ukraine, etc.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

could you imagine if this was in America?! the divers would have probably tripped right in front of the cave and pooped themselves! :xd: :xd: :xd:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

FAUXTON posted:

I'm guessing the lowering of the water level considerably cut down on the nightmare scenarios of diving through choke points the media have been telling us about continuously

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

boop the snoot posted:

You called it. The Warsaw Pact dissolved with the USSR, leaving Russia basically alone against a unified West. They want to destabilize and fracture the West.
You know who else hates multilateral alliances and wants to do everything one on one?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

We should have kicked them when they were down more.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Stultus Maximus posted:

You know who else hates multilateral alliances and wants to do everything one on one?

Oh oh I know this one. Is it Killary?? Her emails will prove it once we find them!

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
He was probably smart to throw away the spit-flavored sushi.

https://twitter.com/eschor/status/1016302632883970048?s=19

But he wasted $80 to own the libs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

$80 worth of sushi at once is like what a table of 4 would order.

All his friends were absolutely on the way, just around the corner.

• Locked thread