Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Way of Life, Conclave, Reaper's Due is probably the top three that you're missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Socotra 769 report: I swore fealty to Abyssinia, took a duchy in Yemen plus Berbera to make myself the most powerful vassal in the kingdom, then nominated myself as heir after my liege appointed me Spymaster. Whoops!

OK, I have no idea where to go next thanks to the Abassid blob and I don't know how I'm going to get converted to kingdom level Merchant Republic now, but still, I did it in under 70 years so I'm happy.

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi
I want to play this so bad but I don’t want to get burnt out before the expansion. Hurry up Sweden

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
That's why I'm finally playing a Muslim ruler so I won't be burnt out on Catholics/Pagans.

Speaking of, I fought off my first crusade as the Emirate of Sicily. I had a false start where I tried something a friend suggested and sieged all of the pope's holdings, but it was a losing effort. On the reload, I ended up just aggressively playing defense on the invading armies, and ended up forcing a surrender from the Pope. Unfortunately, Pisa has swarmed through North Africa and has become a major player in their own right, so I'm stuck between a smaller blob and the two traditional big blobs (HRE and Byz). Tuscany is probably my short term goal in the meantime.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Nightgull posted:

I want to play this so bad but I don’t want to get burnt out before the expansion. Hurry up Sweden

They're too busy crying into their stereotyped Scandiwegian beverages today. Also it's Sunday.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm doing a Venice run and when I give a title to someone else, what determines whether it becomes a feudal or republic holding?

I won a bunch of land during the crusades, and had difficulty divvying it out. I didn't want to give it to my kinsmen because they'd leave my court and lower my trade route limit. The invite noble to court option seems to be based on your annual income, which meant it cost 500 and wasn't practical to repeat 30+ times. Inviting people from other courts made it so that the title was set to pass back to their former liege until they had a son. I eventually just used my useless pile of piety from the crusade to invite a bunch of holy men and give them titles, no matter what type it was. Is there a better way?

But when I had to start giving out Duke titles, some of the vassals became doges, some of them became dukes and had the opinion penalty. What determines this, is it just the type of the top county holding or something?

EDIT:

My current character is something else, too. He got control of the Republic when he was still in his 20's, but had Syphilis. I go hunting for the health bonuses, and he gets severely wounded by a boar and loses a leg, then gets an infection from a random event, then becomes a lunatic.

At this point I'm pretty sure he's a goner and am looking at my heir, but somehow he beats the infection, beats syphilis (you can do that!?), becomes magus of the hermetic society and makes a top-quality magnum opus, gets the immortality quest chain (but fails, sadly), is somehow the only Catholic nation to answer the crusade for Jerusalem, wins almost the whole de jure kingdom, and since I had already taken over Genoa that means he had enough kingdom level titles to make Venice into an empire. He then crushed the retaliatory Jihad for Jerusalem all by himself and made Glitterhoof his chancellor.

Sadly, Glitterhoof survived for less than a year, and what's more, for some reason Glitterhoof's top-quality horse armor was somehow lost upon death. I was gonna give that as a present to the Chinese emperor!

He's still in his 50s and has a billion health bonuses at this point leftover from his syphilis days. I think the next step is going to be to declare war on the papacy to give it to my antipope. I've never done that before- does it make the pope your vassal? I know you can ask for divorces/excommunications, but can you ask for crusades?

Bakanogami fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jul 9, 2018

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

If the vassal you grant a county title to is showing as feudal on their char sheet, they'll be a feudal Count, if they're showing as republican or whatever, they'll be a Lord Mayor I think. Basically it boils down to if they hold a castle or a city before you give them the county level title. Castle = Feudal (Baron, Count, Duke, King, Emperor, or cultural equivalent names), City = Republic (may be off on the title names here but: Mayor, Lord Mayor, Doge, Serene Doge, er ehhhh some other doge, sometimes it's stuff like Grand Mayor or Prince Mayor or whatever depending on culture)

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jul 9, 2018

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Honky Dong Country posted:

If the vassal you grant a county title to is showing as feudal on their char sheet, they'll be a feudal Count, if they're showing as republican or whatever, they'll be a Lord Mayor I think. Basically it boils down to if they hold a castle or a city before you give them the county level title. Castle = Feudal (Baron, Count, Duke, King, Emperor, or cultural equivalent names), City = Republic (may be off on the title names here but: Mayor, Lord Mayor, Doge, Serene Doge, er ehhhh some other doge, sometimes it's stuff like Grand Mayor or Prince Mayor or whatever depending on culture)

Ahhh, okay, I think I know the spot on the character sheet you mean.

What's the easiest way to get a valid reason to revoke a title?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Bakanogami posted:

Ahhh, okay, I think I know the spot on the character sheet you mean.

What's the easiest way to get a valid reason to revoke a title?

Eh this can be dicey. They can rebel against you and lose the war. But this is somewhat hard to provoke, though you can do things to make them hate you like make them the court jester, raise JUST their levy for a long time or whatever. Even if they do hate you they won't rebel on their own. They'll only get that bold if they're part of a larger faction that has a legit shot at victory in rebellion. There's also the Intrigue focus via Way of Life that will occasionally give you an excuse for arrest and revocation via the Spy On action you can hit by right-clicking their portrait. If they're feudal and you're the direct liege to them you can exterminate them and every single heir and their titles will default to you. The rampant murder route won't work for republicans though because even at the barony level it's still technically an elected position and the game will just keep spawning shitheads to be mayor. But it does work on feudals since succession follows the usual methods of succession for feudals and if there's no further heirs their poo poo defaults to their most immediate liege (IE doing this to a baron and his family will revert the castle to the count of the province in question.)

In other words, if this is a feudal we're talking about, murder the absolute poo poo out of them and every single successor. If they're a baron this can often be remarkably easy. If you're a patrician in a republic, then it should be doubly easy because you should already be an intrigue focus-using, satan-worshipping juggernaut of clandestine slaughter and subterfuge.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jul 9, 2018

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
Ask to leave someone else's plot works great, have a good spymaster who finds any of their plots, you can also be their liege and revoke any title you have strong claims to, even fabricated ones.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Bakanogami posted:

I won a bunch of land during the crusades, and had difficulty divvying it out. I didn't want to give it to my kinsmen because they'd leave my court and lower my trade route limit. The invite noble to court option seems to be based on your annual income, which meant it cost 500 and wasn't practical to repeat 30+ times. Inviting people from other courts made it so that the title was set to pass back to their former liege until they had a son. I eventually just used my useless pile of piety from the crusade to invite a bunch of holy men and give them titles, no matter what type it was. Is there a better way?

You don't need to give land to nobles. If you give a title to a lowborn character they will become a noble. You should have no shortage of them hanging around your kingdom, just open the character finder and filter for landless men with your religion and culture.

though you can do things to make them hate you like make them the court jester, raise JUST their levy for a long time or whatever.

If you want to deliberately lower someone's opinion you can just repeatedly give them an honorary title and take it back over and over until they're at -100.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
If you put your spymaster on a vassal's capital with the build spy network job they can also find reasons for arrest or revocation.

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
just for completeness, i would add that the Spy option granted by Intrigue focus has a pretty good chance of giving you a valid arrest reason (which will usually let you strip titles with no penalty)

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It's a noble vassal I gave the duchy to that I chose arbitrarily because he liked me more than the other counts. I think I can just murder him and get the title back and give it to a lord mayor in one of the other counties, then.

I know about the spy on option and have been using it liberally against my fellow patricians (whose families I like to wipe out every other generation or so), but everyone I spy on in my new kingdom of jerusalem seems to not be up to anything and I just get endless notifications telling me to spy on someone else.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
It turns out that Muslim succession laws can easily work against you when playing as a vassal, because your liege can grant titles to your sons and throw your carefully planned succession into chaos. :shepface:

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Main Paineframe posted:

It turns out that Muslim succession laws can easily work against you when playing as a vassal, because your liege can grant titles to your sons and throw your carefully planned succession into chaos. :shepface:

Granting titles to shitheads to own your Emirs/Sultans rules and I've done it myself as a Muslim.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Hello. I start a run of this game every year or two, then put it aside because *too many games* and when I come back to it there have been 3 new sets of DLC and I start over again. Which is fine. Now I don't understand like 95% of anything that happens, so I like to start small and try and figure it out while growing into (hopefully) a larger kingdom.

I always start in the 700s as the Duke of Cornwall. That's my jam. Now my newbie questions, for a 769 start, is about upgrading castles and towns and stuff. Back then, my holdings are basically a couple of shacks surrounding a tower. I may be guilty of playing CK2 like a 4X game, and I keep upgrading the facilities in my little castle towns etc even though I can see they are growing slowly over time anyway.

1/ Should I be upgrading my castle, towns, and churches at all?
2/ If yes, should I be just focusing on my capital or do all the little outer county holdings as well?
3/ Also, what's making these things get built when I don't click on them? I suddenly randomly see they got better and I don't know why.

I've no idea if I should be getting in there and building all the things, or just ignoring it and focusing on bigger issues. But as I say, I'm starting as a two county Duke in 769 and have waaaaay too much baggage that I bring in from other 4X style games that may be making me play this wrong. Someone talk some knowing into me.

E: and apparently I have 98 played hours in this game and I still know gently caress all about gently caress all.

Parkingtigers fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jul 9, 2018

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

It's really not a 4X game in that regard. It's much more based on opinions, political intrigue and dynastic maneuvering.

I broke the back of understanding this game by just binge-watching 8 hours of some dude's 25-part tutorial series when I was really hungover one day. It gave me enough understanding to at least jump back to his vid a couple of times to clarify how things worked, but otherwise play it myself and fail gracefully and in a way that I actually learned something from failing. I would suggest learning that way, but flailing about is also fine. Just focus more on your character than your towns, though I do try to give some attention to two factors of my towns: 1) the amount of total levy I can raise (in this game raw numbers counts more than anything), and 2) tax income

edit: To actually answer your question #3 (which will help also give context for 1 and 2), if you have a vassel in charge of a town/castle/bishopric, they'll spend money and upgrade it themselves. The only ones you need to really care about are your own directly controlled ones - the castle in your capital, and any other castles in counties you directly control (i.e. don't have a vassel looking after it).

To answer #1 and #2, focus on your capital and the others you may directly control, and look to focus upgrades mostly on the aformentioned important factors. But really, upgrading your townships is really relatively low on the priority list compared to managing vassels, etc. (the exception to this may be early on, if you're trying to get enough numbers to raid a county nextdoor to you).

Nam Taf fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jul 9, 2018

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Parkingtigers posted:

I always start in the 700s as the Duke of Cornwall. That's my jam. Now my newbie questions, for a 769 start, is about upgrading castles and towns and stuff. Back then, my holdings are basically a couple of shacks surrounding a tower. I may be guilty of playing CK2 like a 4X game, and I keep upgrading the facilities in my little castle towns etc even though I can see they are growing slowly over time anyway.

2/ If yes, should I be just focusing on my capital or do all the little outer county holdings as well?
3/ Also, what's making these things get built when I don't click on them? I suddenly randomly see they got better and I don't know why.

I've no idea if I should be getting in there and building all the things, or just ignoring it and focusing on bigger issues. But as I say, I'm starting as a two county Duke in 769 and have waaaaay too much baggage that I bring in from other 4X style games that may be making me play this wrong. Someone talk some knowing into me.

Out of all your territory, you only really directly own a few castles (what you personally own is called your "demense"). Everything else in that blob of color is actually owned by other people who are under you. For example, that city in your capital doesn't belong to you - it's actually owned by a mayor, who has sworn allegiance to you, pays some percentage of his income to you, and reserves some percentage of his troops for you. You don't directly control that city, the mayor controls it on your behalf and gives you a percentage of the benefits. That's the basic principle of CKII: even the most powerful emperor only directly owns a few castles, and everything else in their entire fuckhuge empire is actually owned by baron-level vassals, who report to counts, who report to dukes, who report to kings, who report to the emperor.

What does this have to do with upgrades? Well, anyone in that ownership chain can build or upgrade buildings in a holding. The mayor can build in that city, and the count he reports to (if any) can build in that city, and the duke above them both can also build in that city, and so on. So, to answer question #3, the reason they're upgrading on their own is because someone else (most likely the mayor) is buying upgrades for that city too.

Now for question #2, you shouldn't be upgrading outlying counties unless you have a specific reason. Upgrading holdings you don't directly own has far less benefit, since most of the benefit goes to the holding's direct owner and only a little trickles up the feudal ladder to you via taxes. And even among holdings you own, you can't be confident that you'll hold them forever - there's always a risk that you'll lose some of your demense to inheritance, war, or the need to grant someone a bit of land for some reason or another. Generally, you'll want to prioritize your capital county, which will always go to your primary heir, for improvement. And while you don't generally want to upgrade things you don't own, it might be worth putting a little money into the city and church in your capital eventually, since at higher tech levels both holding types get special buildings that give non-taxable bonuses.

Lastly, question #1: should you even be buying upgrades at all? I'd say yes...but only when you have a stable realm with few immediate expansion prospects, a lot of money saved up, and not much to spend it on. Holding upgrades are expensive investments that take a long time to pay for themselves, so while they're not bad in the long-run, you need to balance that against your short-term and medium-term gold needs: you can punch way above your weight in a war if you have a few hundred gold saved up, and there's lots of events and options where having a little extra gold to spend can open up great opportunities. Also, only invest in a county you plan to hold onto for the long-term - if you start in a bad county with few holding slots and expect to expand to a historically important county with a lot more holding slots, it might be worth moving your capital there instead, in which case you'll want to avoid investing too much in your starting capital.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Parkingtigers posted:

Hello. I start a run of this game every year or two, then put it aside because *too many games* and when I come back to it there have been 3 new sets of DLC and I start over again. Which is fine. Now I don't understand like 95% of anything that happens, so I like to start small and try and figure it out while growing into (hopefully) a larger kingdom.

E: and apparently I have 98 played hours in this game and I still know gently caress all about gently caress all.

You should only upgrade the towns and churches that are in the counties you personally own, and only after you've maxed out your own castles. Upgrading the castles, cities, and towns in your vassals' demesnes just makes your vassals stronger and richer. Technically a portion of that strength and wealth would percolate up to you, but I'm not sure it's worth the added threat.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Bakanogami posted:

I'm doing a Venice run and when I give a title to someone else, what determines whether it becomes a feudal or republic holding?

if you've got a huge chunk of land and you have all the holdings in every county, what i've found to be the best method is to use the auto-vassal button to get rid of all the temples and castles, then generate holy men at 25 piety a pop (as you said, way cheaper than spending gold on nobles) then just handing out the county level titles. you can also just hand off the title to random lowborns, but holy men tend to be generated with crap stats and the content stat making them good pliant vassals to just administer land. if a county doesn't have a city just build one and hold the castle until the city is built, then hand off the castle to a rando and grant the county title to a different rando. generally if you're snowballing this hard as a republic it shouldn't take too long to drum up 500ish gold for a new city holding

if you have some extra male heirs that are kind of useless, you can grant them the castles then hand off the cities as county level vassals to someone else. by seeding the landscape with cadet branches this way, you can grow a crop of new male heirs for maturity in 20 years. this is also a good use of spare daughters, marry them matrilineally to holy men and then give the husband the castle, ensuring it will pass to heirs of your dynasty. the RNG will cull a few but it's no big deal

Parkingtigers posted:

starting in the british isles in that era, the number one thing you need to worry about is not getting ganked by vikings. the simcastle style gameplay will be slow because of low income and also constant raids and warfare. it might honestly be a bit boring and frustrating if you're expecting a peaceful, learn the ropes style game, since that location in time and space is all about england getting burned to ashes by giant nordic doomstacks

upgrading your pig farm to a pig farm II is a less ideal use of gold, which imo you should be saving for mercenaries so that you dont end up being eaten alive by one of the sons of lodbrok. or in a time of peace, saving up to fabricate a claim on a neighbor. as a feudal ruler upgrading holdings is honestly pretty low on your list of priorities. why upgrade your castle when you can put together a group of dudes and steal rightfully claim a better, larger castle that some poor fool already spend his gold upgrading?

if you have the proper dlc and want to play at upgrading buildings, republics are way more dynamic and fun since you're constantly building trade posts and upgrades and retinues etc. and you have the income to do it with, not a piddling petty king's +4 gold a month.

Mr. Fall Down Terror fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jul 9, 2018

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
gently caress whoever said they wanted to start a new Nomad run in this thread a few pages back.
Yes its fun, and completely stressful. When these cocksuckers start getting big and out of control, poo poo goes to hell fast and my vassals with 4-5 small counties start subjugating a ton of the orbiting tribals. Next thing you know my dickhead brother is assinating me, and his nephew (who was the ambitious son of the guy he killed) assassinates him.

Now I'm putting out fires left and right and each time I absorb a clan I have to break up his lands, which is pretty hard to do with 3 ongoing minor clan upgrisings. I'm sure as hell not giving away my 5 slot counties so as time goes on more and more uprisings all while I'm revoking and pillaging tribal holdings. I bet I spent about 4 hours trying not to lose everything. And I know its doomed to happen again when I die because 3/4 of my inheritors are gay, chaste, and childless ffs.

SnoochtotheNooch fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jul 10, 2018

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

luxury handset posted:

starting in the british isles in that era, the number one thing you need to worry about is not getting ganked by vikings.

Best way to learn the game is to be one of those vikings instead. To hell with playing some boring Catholic somewhere. No worrying about feudal politics and marriage and all that crap. Just take a bunch of concubines and pillage and loot everything. You get free reign all over the whole map with fast moving fleets that can go anywhere and up all the rivers. You can pick and choose your targets and declare war whenever you want, and make lots of fast easy money with raiding. Expand rapidly and sit back and watch the chaos.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Parkingtigers posted:

I have 650 hours in, and am fairly confident in roughly half the mechanics.

These are both rookie numbers.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Parkingtigers posted:

Like other people have said, it's only really worth upgrading stuff you hold directly. So as the Duke of Cornwall, that would be the capitals of any counties you directly control, as well as any lesser baronies or whatever that fall into your lap. The Bishoprics and cities and stuff you can just leave to the AI.

Plan what you upgrade carefully. It's best to do tax increasing improvements on your capital county since that's where you send your guy to collect tithes. Just remember that it's quite likely that you'll later have to hand out some counties to vassals and such, so they won't always be under your control. Upgrades are expensive- focus them on the holdings that you're certain you're going to hold on to for the rest of the game.

If you really want to play the upgrade game try a merchant republic. They get stupid amounts of gold, get a ton of trade posts they can upgrade, and their family house is probably the best holding in the game and gives all sorts of benefits.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

merchant republics make everyone dress like Italians even if they're like, iranian or something

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Whorelord posted:

merchant republics make everyone dress like Italians even if they're like, iranian or something

Do not dis the fancy hats.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Are republic mechanics still pretty hard-coded? And does the nomadic goverment have a bit too, because unless something changed every nomad is a khan no matter the culture. Anyway, I hope before the game is wrapped up they figure out how to open it up a bit more.

Also, generally don't build in your vassal's holdings, but I do sometimes build them the tech buildings.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Republics are notoriously hardcoded somehow. I'm not the guy to spit details, but I've seen it said that they're impossible to really change all that much. I wanna say it has to do with the five families and elections and poo poo.

E: I also agree about the hats. To the obliuette with hat-haters!

E2: This reminded me of the time I made Glitterhoof take the vows and the game put said horse in a nun's habit and it was awesome.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jul 10, 2018

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Whorelord posted:

merchant republics make everyone dress like Italians even if they're like, horses or something

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Humans with Horse culture don't wear clothes because why would they, horses don't wear clothes.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

E2: This reminded me of the time I made Glitterhoof take the vows and the game put said horse in a nun's habit and it was awesome.

Please tell me there's a screenshot.

I came *this* close to having my bear nephew inherit the empire of Rome, but my stupid daughter had kids and he got bumped

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I had an event fire that turned my sister into a bear, and only now am I realizing how much I hosed up by not making her the court tutor

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Communist Walrus posted:

I had an event fire that turned my sister into a bear, and only now am I realizing how much I hosed up by not making her the court tutor

I would love it if kids occasionally 'disappeared' (or are found hiding, terrified) if you do this, and actually have the bear teaching kids :allears:

EDIT: Or alternatively, the kids are found catching fish with their mouths by a river/stream, if the bear is successful in making the kid adopt bear culture

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

I've got about 700ish hours in this game and I've never seen england owned by a welshman. :smith:

Seljuk has gotten too big to gently caress with, so now I'm waiting for him to implode from decadence. I'm allied to all the fatamids in egypt just so my preferred sons get the prestige bump from marriages.

As a side note: Is there any way to change my tribes watered down piss color? I changed my coat of arms coloring around but it's still piss.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

As a side note: Is there any way to change my tribes watered down piss color? I changed my coat of arms coloring around but it's still piss.

The color of your lands in the political map view is determined by your primary title, so you will need a 2nd empire title to swap to as your primary

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

So after experimenting with it more, I am convinced that nomadic succession is literally broken. According to the in game rules, another clan may gain inherit or gain a claim on the Empire title if they have more prestige and more land than the Khan. I have ~30 steppe land according to the Clan screen, while the others have one each. I cheat myself a million prestige and console kill like, 10 Khans in a row trying to get either of these things to fire. It never happens. It's really dumb that, due to simply having a child heir once I lose the Mongol Empire title immediately after creating it, and now the descendants of Genghis Khan, who hold all the power and prestige in the empire, can never regain position as the dominant clan. I can't form a faction to become the new Khan. I can't go independent and seize the empire from the outside, because the game prevents you from stealing titular imperial titles from other nomads, due to the way the clan system works. There's no possible way for me to regain my position. This is stupid.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Crow Jane posted:

Please tell me there's a screenshot.

I came *this* close to having my bear nephew inherit the empire of Rome, but my stupid daughter had kids and he got bumped

Well I remembered wrong and it wasn't a for real nun habit, but still. I did in fact make the horse a nun and they gave it a hat.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Also another, unrelated thing I noticed in my nomad game: What causes the AI to sometimes accept normal marriages for female rulers/heirs? Normally they're smart enough to avoid this, but I was able to marry my Hindu Mongolian to the Catholic Queen of Greece and it seems like she shouldn't accept that for a number of reasons but whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Lovely helpful answers, thank you.

• Locked thread