Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Supposedly the FF10 one is the worst? Which fits nicely with my water game being loving poo poo.

I'll have to RW a decent BSB and just use my own buffs, I suppose.

The FF10 one has probably the worst trash and the most dirty tricks, but Geosageno goes down like a sack of bricks to any sort of weakness, be it his built-in water one or an imperil-granted one. He's not really any harder than your standard A+ at this point.

As far as raw boss difficulty goes, FF11 has bad synergy and a whole lot of status effect shenanigans, FFT and FF3 are both damage races with elements the game expects you to have absurd amounts of, and FF2 is high-octane damage sponging. The gigases don't really have a lot of gimmicks, they just poo poo out a whole bunch of damage relatively quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

yeah the issue is the trash in ff2 shits out a bunch of damage pretty quickly, a lot of it is party-wide as well; the aoe thunder on entry to the gigas fight does a fair bit of damage very quickly.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

KataraniSword posted:

The FF10 one has probably the worst trash and the most dirty tricks, but Geosageno goes down like a sack of bricks to any sort of weakness, be it his built-in water one or an imperil-granted one. He's not really any harder than your standard A+ at this point.

As far as raw boss difficulty goes, FF11 has bad synergy and a whole lot of status effect shenanigans, FFT and FF3 are both damage races with elements the game expects you to have absurd amounts of, and FF2 is high-octane damage sponging. The gigases don't really have a lot of gimmicks, they just poo poo out a whole bunch of damage relatively quick.

I have bad synergy for everything because I've not been playing much more than a whole month yet, so that won't hold me back! Unless it does, of course. But I've cleared half of them so far.

Including FFT and FF3, so that's somewhat of a weight off my mind. Genuinely had more trouble with FF12 than either of those two, to be honest. Didn't have enough sustained DPS to kill the adds and the boss, and so just ended up focusing down the boss.

I've got 2/7/9/10/11/13 left to do.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I've got 2/7/9/10/11/13 left to do.

Of those, 7 and 9 are the easiest - they're pretty mild for torments and their gimmicks are easily managable compared to the others.

11's difficulty depends on your ability to prevent or cure statuses: if you have a status blink, Affliction Break, and/or Ultra Cure you'll be a lot better off than if you lack those things. It's basically the same vein as the FF1 Torment but dialed up to extreme degrees.

2, 10, and 13 are definitely the hardest, given that they're all relatively heavy hitters with plenty of HP, with 10 having a chance of petrifying your dudes with his physicals (and the %HP regurgitate attack) and 13 having the hardcoded Doom Timer in the second half of the fight. If you pushed through 4/12/Tactics, though, you should have the sustained damage to see you through to at least clears, if not the special mission bonuses.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

So why does everyone seem to recommend Godwall RW for Torments? When do you fire it off?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Cause it will cut your incoming damage by more than a half, cast once at start, time second as necesary but so that it lasts you through the boss.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

wish I had OKs mUSB, isn't that on an upcoming banner?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ah, so that frees up a bunch of other buffs, got it. Thanks

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

MF_James posted:

Not that I'm aware, he does get a new Bartz but magic usb in the next fest though. Edit: Should get an usb dream draw too so that's an (arguably sub-optimal) option for it.

Got a really ugly Isgebird clear at 56s, Ace and Penelo blinking made him non threatening but my damage sucked too, mainly just Terra dropping OSB's on it - really need that Vincent mag chain. :D

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jul 8, 2018

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
If you need a budget FF10 Torment clear, a Tauntaliator will do great preventing the petrify.

I think my initial D300 CM clear was Paine BSB/Auron BSB1/Yuna SSB2/Ramza Shout/Leila SSB (Water ATK/RES Mug). Leila was my best water DPS until I got Paine BSB, and neither of those are good sources of water DPS.

I still have a soft spot for Leila for getting me through the D200 and D250 difficulties before I got Paine. One day she'll get a Legend Dive.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

KataraniSword posted:

FFT also has about twice the HP he ought to. Only Jumpstart where hones were an actual issue for me.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

ugh the stamina train is gone, I finally caught up on realms :(

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

McDragon posted:

So why does everyone seem to recommend Godwall RW for Torments? When do you fire it off?

Originally, a lot of the challenge for torments was just not having good realm coverage, especially if you were going for the CMs. They gave you crystals, which were not farmable back in the day! Since the only realm with a native wall was FF14 (and many people didn't even have that), wall was pretty much mandatory as an RW. So if you didn't have a native hastega and/or medica for that realm, you had to go without those, or try to get by without wall (which was doable but very risky less than a year ago). But now Godwall is a thing, and it gives you wall and hastega and even saves you two ability slots all at the same time. Even if it didn't give you hastega, that's an ability now.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Bruceski posted:

FFT also has about twice the HP he ought to. Only Jumpstart where hones were an actual issue for me.

I looked it up and it did not feel like nearly a million, to be honest. But my Holy game is quite good.

Mateus is nearly half that and felt like closer to 1.2mil. I had Prompto and Garnet for lots of Imperial Lightning and it still took forever.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

MF_James posted:

The III event going on right now in JP has mUSB on banner 2, so around winter for us.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

"my ice kind of sucks, i should pull on ff8 and if i get seifer stuff thats okay because i got his chain during fest, but i hope this isnt like the last fest banner where i pulled for earth and got nothing but (albeit good) lightning stuff"

well i immediately dove squall then

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Banner 1 dollar pull: Ultimecia USB

Banner 2 pull 1: Fujin LMR, Rinoa BSB (dupe), Laguna USB
Banner 2 pull 2: Edea LMR :smith:

I was hoping to grab Rinoa’s USB and anything Fujin, so while I was disappointed at first, Laguna seems like a good boy and I have his BSB so yeah I will take a shooty ice gun.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Wow, I finally got enough mythril to pull on my first post-fest banner, and out of a dollar draw and 50 pull on banner 1 of FF8 I got:

Seifer USB
Seifer BSB2
Selphie BSB2
Selphie LMR
Squall LMR (dupe)

Guess Selphie is gonna be my healer waifu again :swoon:

Also took on magicites for the first time, and I actually can clear them now post-fest, though 52 seconds on Hydra is my fastest. At least I know how to approach them now!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Most of these jumpstarts have been powercrept so hard that I think the only difficult part of my cleanup (looks like I only missed two) will be remembering to get the right debuffs on them before they explode.

Ooo, a JSB against that iconic FF11 enemy: generic lich.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jul 9, 2018

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Huh, that's a nice shower of motes. Guess I'm gonna be busy all the way til magicite "unlocks", and then some.

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
I am going to miss Jump Starts. They weren't difficult, but they did give a space to test out horribly broken SB combos, and that was always fun.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT

KataraniSword posted:

Of those, 7 and 9 are the easiest - they're pretty mild for torments and their gimmicks are easily managable compared to the others.

11's difficulty depends on your ability to prevent or cure statuses: if you have a status blink, Affliction Break, and/or Ultra Cure you'll be a lot better off than if you lack those things. It's basically the same vein as the FF1 Torment but dialed up to extreme degrees.

2, 10, and 13 are definitely the hardest, given that they're all relatively heavy hitters with plenty of HP, with 10 having a chance of petrifying your dudes with his physicals (and the %HP regurgitate attack) and 13 having the hardcoded Doom Timer in the second half of the fight. If you pushed through 4/12/Tactics, though, you should have the sustained damage to see you through to at least clears, if not the special mission bonuses.

It might not be totally worth it in this age of power creep, but gi nattak (7 torment) is rendered pretty toothless by aeriths default soul break. If you're having trouble, bring her along as an off healer / summoner. With a fair amount of mind you should get about 20 seconds of silence if I'm remembering properly

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
The FF3 torment is a pain. Counter healing for 9k is a bad gimmick. Gonna try bringing Mind Break, can’t out damage that heal fast enough

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

try basically just lifesiphoning the first part and then chaining SBs once he starts countering. cloud USB might also be useful.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

triplexpac posted:

The FF3 torment is a pain. Counter healing for 9k is a bad gimmick. Gonna try bringing Mind Break, can’t out damage that heal fast enough

If you're going for the 200 or 250 difficulty you can cast reflect on Bahamut and bounce the heal back to your team. SOL for using that on the 300 difficulty fight.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Yeah I can see Bahamut being a jerk. I had Cloud USB and BSB 2 and Zack's Chain and Imperil and Alphinaud BSB and lots of magicite and even then he was kind of rude

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Went and knocked out the rest of the 4*, only Tiamat left but out of keystones for now. Kind of worried since I know that one's notorious, Squall bsb2 probably won't be enough so I'll try going the mag route with Rinoa and Ysayle instead. Still pretty thrilled with my progress, feel like I'm finally catching up to the vets here. :D

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Avalerion posted:

Went and knocked out the rest of the 4*, only Tiamat left but out of keystones for now. Kind of worried since I know that one's notorious, Squall bsb2 probably won't be enough so I'll try going the mag route with Rinoa and Ysayle instead. Still pretty thrilled with my progress, feel like I'm finally catching up to the vets here. :D

Dived squall with bsb2 got me tiamat down. Wasn't pretty but it's possible.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
15 seconds left on the D300 FF13 Torment Doom timer when Barty kicked it.

Yeah... clearly I've been underestimating Imperils (and also Cid Raines) a LOT.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pfft, 15 seconds is practically an eternity in game time.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

PSA reminder to new folks as well: there's literally nothing to lose in trying to beat all of these Jump Starts because you only get charged the 60 stamina if you win the fight. Trying, determining you can't win and retreating only costs you the actual real world time.

If you're capable of clearing even just 140 difficulty, I highly recommend you try and fight all of them as there's a lot of 5* and 4* motes to be had if you can clear them.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
The jump starts are thoroughly power creeped at this point, I spent hours clearing them yesterday because they’re so easy now.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

1st AD posted:

The jump starts are thoroughly power creeped at this point, I spent hours clearing them yesterday because they’re so easy now.

Yup, my new account has been trashing them with Rikku's Water Chain, USB and BSB2 having Yuffie, AOSB and BSB2 Tidus, Relm with USB and Bartz with his Water BSB to fill out the roster. Most don't even last through everyone's third cast.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
My DU lucky pulls have been miserable as can be over the last few months. I figured, what the heck and did a 100 gem pull on the Type-0 CT banner to see if I can come up with another excuse to not pull on the lucky.

This works!

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
I pulled on the LMR dream select, 1/11 Lenna BSB1 dupe. The game is trying to kill me. Anyway, OK LMR is now mine, so now I can instacast pUSB for the 6+ elements I dont have a nuChain for (on physical teams anyway)

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The newest JP Reports out and there's some interesting stuff ahead!

First up,
FF Type-0 (July 13th)

Debuting Jack (the katana-wielding class member; maybe ninja and/or samurai?). Ace, Deuce & Rem will also be featured.

Then is FFXII (July 20th)
It's focused on Balthier, but Penelo and Gabranth join as the other characters.

Another Corridor featuring earth-weak bosses will be on July 23rd.

Next event is FF Tactics (July 27th)

It debuts Orran! It will also have a wardrobe record for Delita and new Alma tech as well.

The end of month event is FF VIII again (July 31st)
Squall's the feature this time, but Edea, Ultimecia & Selphie all get focus as well. :siren:NEW 5* WITCH SKILL (6* Ice Witch is likely for the Magicite fights and Edea, so is this a... Wind Witch for Ultimecia?)

August opens with FF IV (Aug 3rd)
Yang & Ursula are the headliners, but Cid and Tellah get things too! NEW 5* MONK SKILL (Both are Earth Monks - could this at long last be an Earth counterpart to Fires Within?)

Then it's :siren::siren:FF XI (Aug 10th)

Lilisette finally dances her way into FFRK. Ayame, Curilla, and Prishe are also slated to get some spotlight attention. NEW 5* SAMURAI SKILL (It's probably the Ice counterpart of the 5-hit Fire skill we're getting in the next X event.)

There'll be a new Purgatory multiplayer, the beginning of the Anniversary festivities with another gimmick Cagnazzo, the monthly Crystal Tower, Record Dungeons make it to Tactics at last, T0 Torment will be Nox Suzaku, and the 5* Wind Magicite are Typhon and Slydra!

Plus some QoL updates: you can upgrade relics without leveling them to cap first, you can sort your Vault, and

Free Relic Draw Renewal (13 July)
- After the renewal, allowable attempts per day will be reduced from 3 to 1
- Banner rate will be improved, 5* rates will increase
- Further information will be released on 11th July through in-game announcement

Andante
Jul 3, 2008

Hogama posted:

Next event is FF Tactics (July 27th)
It debuts Orran! It will also have a wardrobe record for Delita and new Alma tech as well.

Olan is cool, and the one fight he shows up for in FFT is great because his signature move is ludicrously overpowered.

It's also an intelligent choice, because a bunch of the other FFT characters they haven't added yet are knights (Beowulf, Reis) and between Ramza, Delita, Marche, Agrias, Meliadoul and Orlandeau, FFT has more than enough knights...

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Would be cool if we got the free daily overhaul early, ours isn't even 3x though so who knows. I never even got a five start out of that, has anyone?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I honestly have no idea what Orran would be. Literally the only thing he does in the game is ZA WARUDO and sure it's awesome but it's not exactly role defining, especially in the context of FFRK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andante
Jul 3, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

I honestly have no idea what Orran would be. Literally the only thing he does in the game is ZA WARUDO and sure it's awesome but it's not exactly role defining, especially in the context of FFRK.

Well, the spell stop is black magic in FFRK, so he might be a black mage or summoner. He will almost certainly use books and only have access to light armor types.