Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Duzzy Funlop posted:

If even a single of the remaining four kids dies, I'm gonna be heartbroken. The last couple of days have had me rooting for them so drat hard, I need this, 2018, just give me this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Mr. Nice! posted:

:lol: like those kids in cages have a tv to even look at.

No they have access to television hence why one of the CHUD talking points is comparing it to summer camp.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Duzzy Funlop posted:

If even a single of the remaining four kids dies, I'm gonna be heartbroken. The last couple of days have had me rooting for them so drat hard, I need this, 2018, just give me this

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

No they have access to television hence why one of the CHUD talking points is comparing it to summer camp.

it just shows the gorilla channel

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
JJ MacNab crazy people update. The leader of the "Veterans on Patrol" weirdos in AZ was arrested.

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/1016358656437202944

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
Was that the Pizzagate in a homeless camp?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Niton posted:

Political cartoonists aren't loving around with the child seperation bullshit going on, goddamn.

https://twitter.com/thenib/status/1016336170932940800

:drat:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

lol.

I really want to read about how the hell they're pulling this off, the logistics of just getting air tanks to the right place at the right time are a loving nightmare. This sounds stupid but those divers are making me feel proud to be human again.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

The Tories supposedly have the magic number of people needed to put forth a no confidence vote today

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Hexyflexy posted:

lol.

I really want to read about how the hell they're pulling this off, the logistics of just getting air tanks to the right place at the right time are a loving nightmare. This sounds stupid but those divers are making me feel proud to be human again.

They were pumping water out. What I’m curious about is if they did some digging to get rid of all that silt while putting in the static lines so maybe some of those tight spaces weren’t so bad.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

The Tories supposedly have the magic number of people needed to put forth a no confidence vote today

They just had an internal meeting about it, we'll know what they're doing shortly.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

:yeshaha:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I think now that Donald Trump is putting tariffs on every US ally he can find is the perfect time for a hard Brexit. Britain can always fall back on WTO rules, right? Right?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Isn't this tariff stuff yet more powers that Congress delegated to the office of the presidency? Maybe Congress should get off it's rear end, take back the powers it's supposed to have and tell Diaper Donnie to go cry in the corner so we can reestablish the whole checks and balances thing.

I mean it's never gonna happen because then they would have to actually produce something and go on the record with some actions but I can dream right?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The Iraq War vote and ACA vote basically scared congress from most action because people lost seats because of it and welp can't have that happen.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Yep Congress has basically abdicated its powers since win or lose the President eventually leaves office while they can sit in office until they die if they don't make any waves.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

Isn't this tariff stuff yet more powers that Congress delegated to the office of the presidency? Maybe Congress should get off it's rear end, take back the powers it's supposed to have and tell Diaper Donnie to go cry in the corner so we can reestablish the whole checks and balances thing.

I mean it's never gonna happen because then they would have to actually produce something and go on the record with some actions but I can dream right?

The tariffs have to be for "national security reasons" which probably means that the current ones are invalid if congress had any backbone

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

hobbesmaster posted:

They were pumping water out. What I’m curious about is if they did some digging to get rid of all that silt while putting in the static lines so maybe some of those tight spaces weren’t so bad.

The reason they decided to start yesterday was a weather forecast that the rain was going to undo all their work and then some. But thankfully, the forecast was wrong, and they've managed to keep the water levels lower so far.

hobbesmaster posted:

The tariffs have to be for "national security reasons" which probably means that the current ones are invalid if congress had any backbone

We wouldn't have the "imperial presidency" if Congress had a spine. Many of the things that have been done by executive order should have been done through laws. Hell, even the gay marriage debate should have been resolved in Congress. But the Supreme Court had the final word instead, because Congress sucks.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If you can make it to congress you'll be a millionaire if you aren't already. The longer you stay in the more money you make and then you start getting things money can't buy.

You want to encourage Congress to have a spine you make them ineligible to make a penny except for their compensation, tied to four times the average household's wages.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

lightpole posted:

People will follow the simple slogan in the face of complexity because they can understand the slogan and then don't have to think the process through. Applying systems thinking to politics, pushing people to actually avoid making those leaps in logic and think the process through can help moderate political views.

Not of you probate them enough!

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Vasudus posted:

If you can make it to congress you'll be a millionaire if you aren't already. The longer you stay in the more money you make and then you start getting things money can't buy.

You want to encourage Congress to have a spine you make them ineligible to make a penny except for their compensation, tied to four times the average household's wages.

Well it's a good thing that congress are the ones who vote on and approve their own wages, because I'm sure that they'll do anything like vote for their own pay cuts.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

A Bad Poster posted:

Well it's a good thing that congress are the ones who vote on and approve their own wages, because I'm sure that they'll do anything like vote for their own pay cuts.

Constitutional convention if you really want this to happen. There is a check or balance for drat near everything but they're not taught in school anymore since they have to teach the test to get funding.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Well yeah, I'm completely aware at how impossible it would be.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

ironically but unironically

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I like sailors that don't get captured :grin:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Did the navy stop the freedom of navigation program?

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

Fister Roboto posted:

I like sailors that don't get captured :grin:

That statement always went over like a wet start with vets that I know.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

"Can't get brain cancer if you used your cyanide needle 50 years ago"
:goonsay:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Remember Sailor!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Can't believe Iran made are sailors knell...

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Steezo posted:

That statement always went over like a wet start with vets that I know.

Odds are they still voted for him.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003

That Works posted:

Odds are they still voted for him.

A lot of guys start Forestalling for time when you ask that. Need to light a fire to get a direct answer with some.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Veterans, service-members, and their families are retarded and shouldn't be allowed to vote / own property / speak publicly

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Steezo posted:

A lot of guys start Forestalling for time when you ask that. Need to light a fire to get a direct answer with some.

That joke was so tortured it can't even raise its arm above its head

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Kawasaki Nun posted:

People are retarded and shouldn't be allowed to live

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Veterans, service-members, and their families are retarded and shouldn't be allowed to vote / own property / speak publicly

Don’t forget to add civil servants to the list. Cops/firefighters seem to revere Trump across the board. Active duty and veterans? Lmao, an echo chamber of #MAGA

Also I thought this urban dictionary definition of civil servant was pretty funny:

quote:

An employee of the state who is rarely civil or a servant of the people. Politically correct to the nth degree, usually to the exclusion of common sense and proportion. Protected from the ravages of the commercial world by contracts written by other civil servants, minimal working hours, maximum holidays and generous pensions all at the expense of taxpayers actually working and being productive in the private sector are the norm. Often on sick leave, obstensibly because of "stress", but if actually at work most likely to be having a coffee, emailing friends, and convening pointless meetings where nothing gets decided and actions are not acted on.

Nice work if you can get it, and if you do its a job for life, as no matter how incompetent, lazy or just plain stupid you are, its almost impossible to get fired. Brilliant.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

but real talk GIP being the political opposite of my veteran on Facebook news feed weirds me out a bit

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/States_Rights_Gist

thanks mcnally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

lol

• Locked thread