Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I don't care what Dave says, his guns helped his career

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

RealFoxy posted:

Not sure how I feel about Something Else to Wrestle With. I never really like Conrad until watching this, because his obvious disgust for Prichard's lying and embellishing is a lot more apparent. Feel like the CM Punk episode is going to be the make or break for me since Prichard really has nothing to do with it and Conrad is basically the voice of the internet.

Prichard trying to convince everyone that the Sandman beating up gimmicks like Zombie and Nacho Libre but still having no self-awareness as to why people didn't like early WWECW is a very WWE thing.

I never fully understood Prichard until I found out that Cornette calls him 'the artful dodger'. It sums him up pretty well.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Seams posted:

I never fully understood Prichard until I found out that Cornette calls him 'the artful dodger'. It sums him up pretty well.
"That awful idea was 5% my fault, but Vince Russo and Vince McMahon made it happen"

I never heard a good thing about him. He was, according to rumors and innuendo, the shithead that hosed over Daffney in TNA and ended her career.

He still has good stories and insight but I don't trust anything that involved him directly. I did actually like the Russo episode though, since he has no reason to stick up or kiss up to Russo at all so it was probably closer to genuine.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jul 8, 2018

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1016168534378930176
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1016208391918632960

Bryan and his bigfeet... :allears:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Just reminds me of 0:15 of this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oyn067BJGEE

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Can somebody tell me where did Conrad suddenly appear and start million podcasts?

Is his whole gimmick just to read Torch and Observer and ask Questions?

I've listened to few different and only stuck with 83 weeks, but it drives me crazy when Bischoff answers a question and instead of following up, he just jumps to the next topic

ERIC: *obvious bullshit**

Conrad: " lets talk about..."

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

TheCool69 posted:

Can somebody tell me where did Conrad suddenly appear and start million podcasts?

Is his whole gimmick just to read Torch and Observer and ask Questions?

I've listened to few different and only stuck with 83 weeks, but it drives me crazy when Bischoff answers a question and instead of following up, he just jumps to the next topic

ERIC: *obvious bullshit**

Conrad: " lets talk about..."

Had a podcast with Ric Flair. Ric has undiagnosed ADD/ADHD and he gets bored of projects fast. Also, it wasn't that lucrative. When Ric left Conrad scrambled for a follow-up and found Bruce.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I know it's been said, but naming his podcast "83 Weeks" is a perfect summation of what a know nothing, right place right time, dumbshit, combative, living in the past, accomplished nothing in the last twenty years piece of poo poo Eric Bischoff is.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So lemme ask you guys, what's your front-runner for worst feud right now?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

VJeff posted:

So lemme ask you guys, what's your front-runner for worst feud right now?

Bayley/Sasha
Roman/Brock
Sami/Lashley

Lot of strong contenders this year

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean at least one of those is mercifully over and done with.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Sami/Lashley is already out of the running for me because it featured one match and had a decisive victor. I'd probably go with Roman/Brock since there is pretty much nothing good about it and is a huge waste of money and talent.

Incessant Excess fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jul 9, 2018

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Benne posted:

Roman/Brock

Yeah, it's this one.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Worst is Bayley/Sasha because it's still happening. Zayn is out, Brock/Roman isn't a feud so much as Brock being absent 90% of the time, then showing up to beat Roman and then Roman crying about it.

Alternative answer is Meltzer vs Conrad poo poo Stirring/Bruce/Bischoff/Twitter Eggs.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
The worked shoot nonsense of the roman/Brock feud is way worse to me than anything else. I hate that poo poo.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Roman/Brock, because even Lashley/Zayn didn't bury the entire company for years in the process

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

Had a podcast with Ric Flair. Ric has undiagnosed ADD/ADHD and he gets bored of projects fast. Also, it wasn't that lucrative. When Ric left Conrad scrambled for a follow-up and found Bruce.

Conrad was also the money+regulatory stuff behind Flair’s financial advice company. He’s well regarded as far as money marks go.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

Conrad was also the money+regulatory stuff behind Flair’s financial advice company. He’s well regarded as far as money marks go.

He's also now engaged to Meghan, the non-wrestler in the family.

rovert posted:

Technically he had two, the first was CBS iirc and then they ended it and then started on MLW.

After it ended on MLW, Conrad kind of hustled himself into a bunch of other podcasts on the network.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jul 9, 2018

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Conrad looks to be adding a fourth podcast. Jeff has hinted at it a number of times:

https://twitter.com/tdbaker47/status/1016439965960556545
https://twitter.com/RealJeffJarrett/status/1016459751671128064

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I've grown appreciation for Conrad's eye rolling in Something Else to Wrestle With, because if he were going to try and call bullshit on ALL of the things that Prichard embellished it would be a 10 hour podcast.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unoDnMSATJ0

With the video accompaniment this is amazing. The small package on the far right during the first fall I laughed until I couldn't stop.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Bischoff is such a goofball
https://twitter.com/PunisherMK25/status/1016507355314446337
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1016513452330766336

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is Eric still mad Pillman worked him into shoot firing him?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I figured EB would be glad he didn't have Pillman on the roster anymore since that dude lived his life turned to 11. Other than Louie Spicolli, to my knowledge(correct me, please), WCW never had an active roster member die.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Rick Rude?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

I figured EB would be glad he didn't have Pillman on the roster anymore since that dude lived his life turned to 11. Other than Louie Spicolli, to my knowledge(correct me, please), WCW never had an active roster member die.

Bischoff had deep regrets at Pillman's funeral feeling if he had re-signed him this would have never happened.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Good to see that Bischoff, tired of getting called out for lying by living people, has decided to go after the dead.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I think my favorite moment of bullshit from Bischoff this week was Conrad asking him why he's never brought up that he wasn't worked before, essentially why had he never bothered to correct the story.

Paraphrasing his response here: "I never had a platform like this to do so, and nobody ever asked about it."

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Didn't he talk about it in his book?

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

coconono posted:

Was Renegade still active roster?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Xerzes posted:

Was Renegade still active roster?

No, he had been released from WCW two months earlier.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Anybody got a link to the article where Dave goes through Erics book page By page and points out the bullshit.

I listened half of the Pillman episode and agree with Conrad that Eric likes to poo poo on sheets for mistakes and when he gets called out on something he suddenly cant remember or it was Someone else making the decisions.

After saying that from what i heard so far, there seems to be a lot of errors with Pillmans book (cruiserweight thing, Jimmy Hart thing). Any comments on that?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

TheCool69 posted:

Anybody got a link to the article where Dave goes through Erics book page By page and points out the bullshit.

I listened half of the Pillman episode and agree with Conrad that Eric likes to poo poo on sheets for mistakes and when he gets called out on something he suddenly cant remember or it was Someone else making the decisions.

After saying that from what i heard so far, there seems to be a lot of errors with Pillmans book (cruiserweight thing, Jimmy Hart thing). Any comments on that?

That's odd because I've heard nothing but effusive praise for the Pillman book.

For me Brian is extremely underrated and I feel he could have been huge in the Attitude era had he been able to actually wrestle at full speed, so I very much want to read it.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

coconono posted:

RIck Rude and Bobby Duncum Jr. were both under contract if I recall when they died.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I've rehired The Hulkamatt.

https://twitter.com/mongo_ebooks/status/1016861863374712833

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Haha 5 minutes in and this is my second favorite podcast episode of the year.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

TheCool69 posted:

The only person who has said it's inaccurate is Bischoff, who has also admitted to not actually reading it.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Rewatching these Nitros, Sid was a lot better than I actually remember him being. I guess having lived through Nathan Jones, multiple Matt Morgan pushes, and a half dozen other tall guys that Vince brought in and pushed for a few months before realizing they were the shits; a guy like Sid who at least brings an interesting character and presence with him to the ring starts to look like gold.

B&V were totally right that this week's promo of his was fantastic.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

People who didn't appreciate Sid deserve all the Nathan Joneses and Matt Morgans they get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nathan Jones was at least good in Fury Road. Matt Morgan has nothing