Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Blockhouse posted:

that's not yamcha on the poster yamcha has a cross scar c'mon y'all

Its universe 6 yamcha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm mostly flabbergasted but also very curious to see how the movie plays out.

And insanely weary that Toriyama will decide on a whim that GT is canon and thus retroactively undo all the years of telling a friend he's crazy for still holding out hope for GT.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I'm still convinced they're eventually going to do something with GT. Pan wants to go to space. Maybe it'll be a multiverse tour this time.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'm mostly flabbergasted but also very curious to see how the movie plays out.

And insanely weary that Toriyama will decide on a whim that GT is canon and thus retroactively undo all the years of telling a friend he's crazy for still holding out hope for GT.

Toriyama did make GT canon, only he changed it so that Pan is tolerable, 17 is actually cool, and Goku's new transformation doesn't look like rear end. It's called Dragonball Super.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

BROLY! BROLY! BROLY! BROLY! BROLY! BROLY!

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Yeah. If anything, this lends credence to the idea of Toriyama doing GT But Good, further pushing GT out of the timeline.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I love this dumb gay franchise so much

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

didn't we have this exact same reaction for RoF

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

no because Freeza rules and bringing him back actually had a point and Broly has always been dogshit.

Wellwinds
Mar 20, 2010

Justin_Brett posted:

Toyo did give Kale a less stupid motivation for going berserk than Broly and anime Kale. We're also not led to believe she could have always gone berserk and only didn't because no-one was friendly with Caulifla until Cabba.

That always kinda bugged me, a flashback or something would have helped.

I think you're supposed to infer that since Caulifla's a prodigy and very much like goku that she'd never encountered something to drive/impress her before Cabba/Goku started showing off new forms so those're the first time Kale sees her show enough interest to take it as a threat. And then Kale calms down and gains control when that same interest is directed at her

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

broly and frieza would have been best friends

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I hope Toriyama doesn't expand on Broly's moveset. I love him because his go to move in the first movie is a clothesline. I want that to continue to be his thing.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you think Toriyama remembers Raditz?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

if you dont love dbz at its broly then you dont deserve it at its goku black

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

gently caress it, just let Toriyama redo every movie villain!

Give him Lord Slug, Bojack, and Hirudegarn!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

RevolverDivider posted:

no because Freeza rules and bringing him back actually had a point and Broly has always been dogshit.

bringing freeza back was to sell more merchandise let's not pretend there was a deeper point than that

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Stairmaster posted:

BROLY! BROLY! BROLY! BROLY! BROLY! BROLY!

Broly when?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
A redo of Wrath of Dragon where Kid Trunks is actually the hero would be awesome.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Cursed thought:
This Broly will be his own Broly with a Broly Slot in videogames.

First it'll be Heroes.

But next year, new wave of DBFZ DLC

Joining Broly will be Kale and Broly (DBS:Broly)

Broly

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rhonne posted:

gently caress it, just let Toriyama redo every movie villain!

Give him Lord Slug, Bojack, and Hirudegarn!

more like whorudegarn amirite

no really who is that

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

no really who is that

Kaiju bug dragon dude.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
In DBZ Fusions 2, you can fuse Broly (OG), Broly (DBS), and Kale together to make Brokali.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Cursed thought:

First it'll be Heroes.

Broly

And then their son, Brale

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

kales a lesbian

kefla could be bi tho

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Cursed thought:

First it'll be Heroes.

Broly

I can't wait for the new Dokkan Battle LR I'll never pull, Broly (Legenday Super Saiyain) (Super) (Maximum Power)

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I'm 3 pages late but all of you need to apologize to Dark_Tzitzimine.

Manatee Cannon posted:

no really who is that

The villain of the Tapion movie. You know who that is, right?

mycot fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jul 10, 2018

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right

Covok
May 27, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

mycot posted:

I'm 3 pages late but all of you need to apologize to Dark_Tzitzimine.

No.

And gently caress Broly.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
broly is the perfect dbz villain as well as the culmination of the whole series and all of its many quirks/flaws

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Broly's got a pretty good design and the idea of the legendary super sayian was cool.

Now if Toriyama can start with that as a base and make him not dog poo poo, we're golden.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

why's legendary super saiyan green anyway

Covok
May 27, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

Because Green look cool.

...Or it has to do with chakra because charkras have colors and its all very meaningful and cool and he is my video on how color theory works and *dissolves into a pile of clickbait*

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Okay but
Broly (DBS) vs
Isekai Yamcha

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Shindragon posted:

No.

And gently caress Broly.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

Because that is what makes it legendary.

Alternately, because is the specific shade of green that gold becomes when it is tarnished.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

All of these emotions surrounding Broly shows just how much of an important and influential character he is.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Y'all still are gonna watch the movie.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ok but get this

what if it's green because broccoli is green

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

RBX posted:

Y'all still are gonna watch the movie.

Well...yeah.